Little Hercules

The Play Date King.

When Gabriel McKinnon sat by Georgina Frey, he knew exactly what he was getting himself into. He at least thought so, anyway. He wasn’t that popular to begin with, to be honest. His mother, a socialite princess, was adamant to change his loser status with constant failed play dates with his fellow school chums. And because of his mother’s constant persistence, he was dubbed amongst the 10 year olds as the ‘Play Date King’. So with that glorious title upon him, he figured he really didn’t have much to lose.

It was the start of term two at the primary school, which was still buzzing with the news of the Frey’s from the previous term. No one could keep their eyes off Georgina Frey throughout role call at 9.00am on the 8th of June. But no one dared approach her; except for Gabe.

The moment that metal chair scraped the wooden floor, the rooms eyes snapped a metre left of Georgina to Gabriel McKinnon, the Play Date King. But the only pair of eyes that Gabe had paid attention to was the grey eyes of Georgina. And when they rose to meet his, he, as gracefully as a McKinnon could (which to his immeasurable amount of luck, was near to none), plopped into the seat, and said,

“Hi,” with a small smile that was meant to make him look confident, but actually made him look like he was somewhat constipated. But for Georgina, that was possibly the nicest look anyone had given her in a very long time. So she, with a shy smile draped across her face, replied with the seal which would mark their friendship.

“Hi”.
♠ ♠ ♠
EDITED. I got some suggestions to improve the chapter, and I hope I did! Sorry if you were expecting a new chapter, but that will be up within the next couple of days c:
If you have any suggestions/comments/constructive criticism, or you just wanna holla (mmmhhmm), don't be shy! :D


Farrar