Status: we'll see how this plays out

I'm Anything You Want Me To Be.

But We Love The Maine!

"My head hurts." I complain as Nick tells me the plane's landed.

"We're in Phoenix," he informs me. "Come on, Iann."

"No." I bury my head deeper in his jacket.

"Riannon,"

"Nicholas," I return the teasing. He knows I hate being called my whole name, and I know same goes for him.

"Come on, it's time to go. The sooner we get off this plane, the sooner you can take a better nap."

"But I like napping on you." I say.

"Come on," He grabs my arms and forces me up.

I groan and hug him for support, still half asleep and hungover from the plane ride, and I haven't even gotten off the plane.

He supports me all the way because I keep my eyes closed the entire time.

I don't even realize we're in the last row of seats in a van till it starts moving.

He puts his hoodie on me and uses the hood to cover my eyes, but he keeps his arm around me, and he keeps my head on his chest.

I start falling asleep when Nick kisses my cheek.

"I meant it when I told you I love you." he whispers. He knows I'm awake, he knows I can hear him. Then he falls asleep with me.

After a couple of hours or so, I hear Nick's voice. "What the fuck are we doing here?"

"We're loading buses, dumbass." Halvo replies. A little harshly.

"But that isn't our bus."

"I know."

"What the fuck?"

"We're supporting them, remember? The last leg of their tour. Didn't Andrew tell you? What about Justin, he's been so excited, he must've told you!"

"Nope." Nick angrily says. "Are you really serious?"

"Oh, no, Nick, I'm kidding. We're not really supporting The Maine--"

I have to stop myself from expressing how shocked I am. I'm in Nick's arms, supposedly asleep. And there must be a mistake. No point in expressing now. Since I am asleep.

"Are you kidding me," I hear Nick grit his teeth.

"But we love The Maine!" Halvo argues. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Nick calms himself down. The van is slowing down and this is when Nick decides to try to wake me up. As if his yelling didn't already do that. "Iann, wake up. We're here, we're loading buses."

I pretend stirring. "Already?" I even pretend to be sleepy by groaning everything else that follows. "But I'm still sleepy,"

"Does your head still hurt?"

I nod, as thanks that he gave me another reason to pretend I didn't hear anything he said before I woke up.

"I'll get you some aspirin when we get to the bus, okay?"

"Mm.. Kay," I open my eyes and see Jay on Nick's other side, asleep.

The van finally comes to a stop and they start getting off. Halvo picks Jay up and gets off.

Nick kisses my cheek before taking my hand and dragging me out the van.

I start wiping the sleep off completely as I take my hood down.

"Nick, where are we?" I ask him.

"Tour bus parking lot," he answers casually. "We're loading--"

"I know, I know." I wave him off.

Nick lets go of my hand nervously.

And this is when I make my conclusion.

A conclusion of a possibility. The possibility that the only band I ever took interest in, A Rocket To The Moon, is touring with the band I loathe the most: The Maine.

But it couldn't be.

Nick would've known. Nick wouldn't have arranged plans of me going on tour with them if he knew they were going to be with The Maine.

Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions. Right?

I take Nick's hand again, reading the anxiety on his face. "What's wrong?"

He bows his head and pouts. "I don't know."

Then we hear a sweet voice behind us. "Nick?"

We turn around, and there we see a boy, probably the same age as me, with hair longer than it should be. He smiles at us. "So glad to see you!" He gives Nick an awkward hug, but it's a hug nonetheless.

He pulls back and eyes me. Not in a bad way, though. "Hi!"

I can't help but smile back at him. He's so sweet. "Hi."

"My name is Pat." He extends his hand over to me, and beams when I take it and shake with him. "You are..?"

"Pat, this is Iann, my best friend--"

"You know, you look really familiar." Pat squints at me as he lets go of my hand. "Have we met?"

"I'm sure we've never met." I say. "But it's nice meeting you, you are adorable."

He pretends to blush as he lets out a chuckle. "I get that a lot."

"He's a great hugger too," A boy, my age as well, I guess, stands next to Pat and takes his suitcase. He doesn't even look at me before he leaves.

"That was Garrett," Pat tells me. "I have to get to the bus now," he says, pointing somewhere Nick and I are too lazy to follow. He looks at Nick and asks "Is Iann coming on tour with us?"

Us? Who is this Pat? I'm confused now.

Nick nods.

"That's great!" Pat cheers. "Looking forward to it!"

"Same here," Nick laughs lightly.

"Bunk area One or Two?"

"What?"

"We've toured together before, it's your turn to choose." Pat nudges Nick. "Hurry up, they like calling dibs on bunks,"

"Uh, Two." Nick decides.

As if I understand anything that's happening right now.

"I'll tell the guys. Later!" Pat waves and starts running off.

"He's nice," I tell Nick.

"Definitely." He rolls his eyes with a chuckle.

"He's.. He's from The Maine?"

Nick doesn't reply.

A second later, Halvo strolls up with Jay asleep with his arms around Halvo's neck, and Halvo's bringing his luggage as well as Jay's.

I take Jay from him and thank him, and he goes off to wherever.

Nick is still nervous, and this time, I throw him my hypothesis.

"You didn't know you were touring with The Maine, did you?"

He shakes his head. "I thought we were touring with This Century,"

This Century rings a bell in my book, but it doesn't really matter right now.

"And this sucks because we're going to share the tour bus with them."

"It's fine." I lie. Not completely. But spending a month with The Maine? I won't let it bother me. Not when I have my best friends around.

Garrett's voice suddenly rings through the entire parking lot. "Where's Dani?!"

Shit.

Fuck.

I turn to Nick, and he knows what I'm thinking. He tightens his grip on my hand before I can run off.

"Coming!" Dani yells back to Garrett. She's lugging her suitcase to the bus with her camera around her neck. Her attention span equates to Garrett's when he went to Pat. He didn't take time to notice me. He didn't take any time to be distracted.

Garrett jumps out the bus, smirks when he sees Dani, and helps her with her bags.

Spoiled brat. I scoff in my head.

Soon, Nick and I get on the bus as well. But we don't go any further than the living room area of the bus. They call it the front lounge.

Day 1.

Pat joins Nick and me and just does small talk after getting me a bottle of water and aspirin.

He is the sweetest thing ever. He's always smiling, and his voice is always soft.

If my assumptions are correct, then I want to ask How could someone so sweet be from a band as shit as The Maine?

But I refrain, of course.

Later, a boy, maybe a couple of years older than Pat and Garrett, shows up. He's got blonde hair and the cutest beard, and a smile that simply lights up the room. "Nick!" he exclaims. He bro-fists Nick and he replies with "Jared!"

Jared smiles that cute smile and looks at me. "I'm Jared, you are?"

"Iann,"

"You look really familiar." he says.

Pat said this earlier.

Maybe it was Dani. Dani was touring with The Maine.

It's starting to make sense! I'm glad they're not calling me Dani.

"You're Nick's.." Jared scratches his head and takes time to analyze the way Nick is holding me.

Nick has his arm draped over my shoulders, and my head's leaning on one of his.

"Girlfriend?" Jared assumes.

"No!" We both dart off from each other.

"Iann's my.. Uh.. Best friend," Nick awkwardly clarifies. "We're.. Just friends,"

"That's what Jess and Stephen said, and would you look at where the fuck they are now," A boy, Jared's age, maybe, joins the discussion as he enters the room. He somewhat looks stressed. But he's smiling anyway. His dark brown hair's all messed up, but his mustache really says something else. His smile is perfect, really.

"It's a great story." Jared shrugs as he takes a seat next to Pat.

Mustache Boy looks at me, and he says, "Hey, Dani."

This infuriates me. Even though this is the first time in a long while that I've been mistaken for my twin sister, I've never forgotten how much I hated it when it happened.

I furrow my eyebrows in anger. That's probably one of the few things Dani and I still have in common, our habits when we're angry.

Getting no reply from me, Mustache Boy looks at me for the second time. "You're not Dani."

I roll my eyes, clearly annoyed.

"Who the hell are you?!" he blurts out.

I look at Nick and wait for him to introduce me. And he does.

"Kennedy, this is Iann." Nick announces. "And to the rest of you who don't know, she's Dani's twin sister--"

"Twin sister? Dani didn't mention that.. And.. That explains a lot." Pat laughs.

I'm pretty sure he's going to be asking me questions about the stereotypes that come with having a twin soon, and I hate talking about it, so I change the topic. "Nice to meet you, Kennedy." I don't usually do this, but I'm desperate to have a different conversation. I shake his hand. "You're charming."

"I don't get that a lot." He brushes me off and takes a seat next to Jared.

"Where's Gare?" Pat asks Jared.

"With Dani," Jared answers. "He's touring her on bus basics,"

"Has Garrett helped Dani pick a bunk?" Pat asks.

"Yeah, they're probably fucking now." Kennedy jokes.

I'm not fond of these dirty jokes that involve my sister. I mean, yes, I now hate her, but these jokes still make me uncomfortable.

"Kennedy," Pat scolded. "You can't say that with a kid in here."

"A kid?" Kennedy raises an eyebrow as he realizes Jay's lying on Nick's lap. "Whose kid is that?"

Nick glances at me while biting his lip. "This is Iann's--"

"Little brother?" Pat smiles at Jay after pitching the idea.

Jay smiles back.

Of course.

Jay jumps out of Nick's lap and reaches out to Pat. Pat gladly picks him up. "You are adorable!" Pat pinches his cheeks.

Jay blushes and hugs Pat.

I'm not surprised he likes Pat. He's sweet.

"He's adorable, Iann!" Pat starts tickling Jay.

While Jay's giggling his head off, I just feel Nick rubbing his thumb on the back of my ear to relax me.

I sigh and just decide to calm down.

This is when Garrett shows up again.

He's stressed. More stressed than Kennedy, even. His forehead's all wrinkled, and his mouth is hanging the slightest bit open. He's shaking his head.

Pat, even though he's busy with Jay, notices. "Gare, you okay?"

"No." Garrett replies, not planning on lying to Pat at even the most shallow way. "I hate myself."

This makes Pat stop playing with Jay. He hands Jay over to Jared and Kennedy. Then he gets up. "What's wrong, Gare?"

"Everything!" Garrett grits his teeth. He doesn't even try to lower his voice. "I-- I can't! What the fuck?!"

Pat tells him off. "There's a kid in here, Gare."

"What?" Garrett immediately quiets down. He looks away from Pat and to Kennedy, whose lap Jay was sitting on. "What is a kid doing in the tour bus?"

"He's Iann's little brother--"

"And who the fuck is Iann?!"

Well, that's more offending than what Kennedy said, than how Kennedy reacted.

"That would be Nick's girl--" Jared cuts himself off. "Nick's best friend."

"Best friend, huh?" Garrett looks at Nick, and he looks through me. He doesn't look at me, I repeat, he just looks through me. "That's what Jess and Stephen said."

"And that's what Kennedy said!" Jared huffs, amused at how Garrett and Kennedy were in sync about this best-friend thing, whoever Jess and Stephen are.

"Whose kid is that?"

"No one, it's Iann's--"

"Who is Iann?" Garrett asks again. He looks at Nick. "Care to introduce her?"

"She can do that herself." Nick encourages me.

"I'm Iann." I say quietly. I clear my voice and repeat, "I'm Iann."

Garrett finally looks at me. No, he stares at me.

"Let me save you the trouble," I say, making sure it's evident in my voice that I'm very pissed off with how he reacted at the mention of my name. "I'm Dani's twin sister."
♠ ♠ ♠
don't know where this is going let's give it a shot