Invisible Woman Blues

That's Why I Like You

I can't believe I'm here right now... I am waiting at a coffee shop for non other than Henry Rollins himself.

I do a few breathing exercises to calm myself down and look at the people around me.

I hear the door open and in walks Henry ten minutes before our agreed meet up time.

He cocks a brow at me and I just smile.

"That's weird, usually I'm the first one to arrive." He comments.

"My grandma always said to be ten minutes early is to be on time." I counter.

"Smart woman but I'm ten minutes early, how long have you been here?" I blush.

"Just five minutes." I answer.

"Should we get some coffee?"

"Yes," I stand and we make our way to the counter where we both order regular coffee and he pays.

It doesn't take us long to get our order. We take our seats.

"Thank you for the coffee." I say.

"No problem, I know times are hard for college students," I smile at his sincerity.

"So, is there any specific reason you wanted to meet?"

"No, I enjoy talking to you." I blush again and try not to freak out about how Henry Rollins enjoys talking to me.

"So how was your tour?"

He launches into stories about his escapades and shows and I laugh and smile with him wishing my life were that interesting.

"So how's school," I groan. "Oh no, what's up?"

"Nothing it's just. I'm a criminal justice major right, and sometimes I hate talking about law and politics and police. Sometimes I wanna hear poetry and go to an art museum and discuss... art! Ya know?" He nods with me.

"Is that why you read my books?" I smile.

"Yeah... no... I don't know. You manage to be creative and intelligent. You can discuss art and politics at the same time. It's refreshing."

"So can you," he answers, "that's why I like you." He takes a sip of his coffee and the comment stays in the air for a second.
♠ ♠ ♠
I drew a complete blank.