Will Never Forget

Apologise For The Summertime

The rain fell heavily as the time turned slowly from the afternoon to the evening. The air was still warm and the sun was giving light in the sky because of the season it was. They sat on the floor completely oblivious to the rain that was drenching their clothes and making them stick to their skin.

Their emotions and feelings were worn out and they didn't even realise what they were doing. Too out of it to realise that the time had suddenly disappeared and it was approaching night time.

"You're not worth fighting for," she murmured, hard to hear over the rain but it was heard. No response was dragged from the other person from the words.

The rain continued hitting the floor around them, the sound of the collision was all they could hear. A dog barked once before it became silent, asides from the rain, once again. Neither really knew what to do because neither felt they could say goodbye.

How do you say goodbye to something that had been fought for but then lost? That was the question that they needed answered but there was no one to answer it. How they could survive, they didn't know.

"You're beautiful," he muttered, reaching up to run his fingers through her wet hair. All he got was a sigh and a flinch. Their conversations were never like this before but then everything crumbled and nothing seemed salvageable.

It felt like everything around them was burning around them as the rain continued falling. The pavement and the air prickled their skin. The once so thought upon people were reduced to drenched wrecks who didn't know what was right any more.

The line was blurry and nothing seemed to make sense. Everything seemed to be making them react the wrong way but there was nothing that would make it able to seem better. It felt lost and maybe that was what it was. Neither of them knew.

"We can't survive." He gave a sigh when the words escaped her lips. They knew it was coming but neither thought it would be this soon. Nothing could have braced them for it.

The rain water ran down the road that sat behind them. It was a steep road which made the water all run down the end and trail into the drain that was situated at the bottom. It disappeared just like their hope had although the rain went less painful then their hope did.

Water ran down his face but there were tears mixed with the rain that couldn't be seen. It hurt and he could feel it was going to end but there was nothing he could do about it. Hiding wouldn't do much to stop it.

"Can we try?" he whispered. She didn't hear him but instead closed her eyes and felt the rain hit her eyelids. This would be the last time she felt it.

It was her only choice and he knew that.