Don't Give Away

Smile Into The Night

Heavy footsteps run down the hallway at a frantic pace. They dart from door to door trying to find a place for the person to hide in. He needs to find one quickly so that he isn't found out. He's trying to get away but the person just keeps on moving closer which gives him less of a chance to get way, not to mention no room to try and make his getaway in.

An empty room sits at the end of the hallway and he soon finds it, opening the door and shutting it tightly behind him before peering round the room looking for a place to hide. A noise sounds from the hallway and his eyes widen before he rushes to the wardrobe in the room and opens it.

There's an eerie feeling in the air as the room stays still and quiet now that the boy is no longer in plain view. There is no noise in the room which is how come it's almost like the room is dead, asleep even.

His heart pounds heavily in his chest but there's nothing he can do to calm it down because he's terrified and that's not a feeling that would even attempt to calm him down. It had been a long time since he had been even remotely calm and an even longer time since he had been outside.

Something that he wished he could do but wasn't allowed to do. The ache in him to feel the wind on his skin or even the drops of rain to hit his face was increasing and demanding but it was something that he just had to ignore because it seemed to be almost impossible to get anywhere near the door let alone outside of the door.

It's nothing that he's felt before and yet he's felt it so many time while being here. He doesn't know whether it's true or not because of that reason. It was hard at times for him to even realise what was true and what wasn't. It didn't feel like he was in sync with the time or even the world but sometimes he didn't mind that because it just felt nice to not have to worry. But it was the worry that made him like he was now and there was nothing he could really do about it.

The door creaked open and his breath became almost nonexistent. A part of him just wanted to die right then so that he didn't have to endure anything else that would be thrown at him but another part of him wanted to survive to prove that he would be able to get away from here.

He felt like he was caught so tightly and that there was no way out.