The Insanity With Dating Padfoot and Prongs

Alright, But This Is Not Really a Plan, Prongs

The week that followed passed by slowly for the girls. Each had gotten into a bit of trouble with their parents for not returning back to their respective houses, or owling their parents to tell them they were staying over at a friend's house.

In fact, the next morning, Lyra had woken up to her family's owl upon her chest. Half asleep still, she opened the letter attached to the birds leg, only to realize to late that it happened to be a Howler.

"LYRA ELIZABETH SUMNER, HOW DARE YOU STAY OUT ALL NIGHT WITHOUT A SINGLE WORD! YOU COULD HAVE BEEN DEAD! WITH ALL THESE DEATH EATERS RUNNING AROUND, WHAT WERE WE TO THINK? YOUR FATHER AND I WERE WORRIED SICK AND I NEARLY CALLED THE MINISTRY TO GO OUT AND SEARCH FOR YOU! YOU WILL BE IN A WORLD OF TROUBLE ONCE YOU COME HOME, YOUNG LADY! AND SPENDING THE NIGHT AT A BOY'S HOUSE IS HARDLY ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR, LYRA!"

The other three jumped from their makeshift beds, the screaming letter jolting them from sleep.

"Bloody hell was that?" asked James, holding his racing heart.

Lily, on the other hand, realized that she was in the same predicament as Lyra and was thankful her parents were Muggles and didn't have the means to send a Howler.

"Lyra, I think it's time we get home," said Lily as she hurriedly put on her shoes. Lyra nodded and accompanied Lily in getting ready to leave.

"What! You can't leave!" said James as he fell to his knees and grabbed Lily's ankle. "I need you to help me out! I'm having a difficult time right now, Lils!"

"I have to! My parents have no idea where I am, or where I've been," replied the redhead. "They're going to be worried and upset. I need to get home!"

"But-"

"James, I'll write you later today," said Lily. "I'll see you after I get off being grounded."

"But... I don't want you to leave," said James, and suddenly he looked so miserable Lily almost gave in, but if she didn't go home now she'd be grounded for the rest of the summer and she wouldn't be allowed to see anyone at all.

"I'm sorry," she said, and got down on her knees so she was level with him. "I really am, but I need to leave." Lily wrapped her arms around James and held him tightly. At first he wouldn't let her go, but he eventually saw reason. When she pulled away from the hug, Lily kissed his cheek. She gave a short wave to Lyra and Sirius before Disapparating.

Lily's mother gave her a stern talking too, and made her promise that she would at least call or send an owl if she isn't coming home at night. She then set Lily up with a list of chores that she must finish before going out for the next three days as punishment.

Back at Sirius' flat, Lyra was placing her last article of clothing on.

"I'll come back as soon as I can, I promise," said Lyra. James nodded and stretched out on the ground and hid himself underneath his blanket. Sirius walked over to her and kissed her before pulling her against his chest. Lyra sighed and whispered, "Be strong. You can get through this, I know you can. The both of you can."

"I hope you're right," he said. "Give your parents my apologies for keeping you all night."

"I will," she said. After a final goodbye kiss, Lyra Disapparated and upon her arrival home she was bombarded with questions and yelling. After she explained what had happened though, they both felt so badly that they couldn't find it in their hearts to ground her.

---

Later the week, after a heart-wrenching funeral, the girls, Sirius, James, and Remus sat around Sirius' flat discussing the upcoming semester.

"It's hard to believe we're really leaving this year," said Lily.

"I know. No more pranking Filch, no more scaring the First Years, and no more sneaking out at night under everyone's noses," said Sirius miserably.

"Well, you'll still be able to go out at night?" Lyra tried to find the positives.

"It won't be the same though," said James. "We'll be allowed to go out at night. And if we bully small children, now we can be arrested for it."

"Then maybe you just shouldn't be terrifying small children!" said Lily.

"Yeah, but it's just so fun," complained Sirius.

"We'll just have to go out with a bang," said Remus. "Any suggestions?"

"On an end-of-the-year prank?" asked Lyra.

"Of course," said Remus.

"Oh, I want no part in this," groaned Lily.

"I can't think of anything at the moment, but we've got loads of time to come up with something really brilliant," said James.

"It'll come to us," said Sirius.

The group of boys spent another hour going over ideas for their last year when knocking was heard at the window. Sirius removed himself from the couch, opened the sturdy glass and allowed three owls to enter the flat.

Remus and Lyra collected each of the five letters and passed them to each person as the owls took their leave.

"Hogwarts letters," said Lily which earned her a sarcastic remark from Sirius. "Oh! I'm Head Girl this year! What about you Remus? Did you get Head Boy?"

Remus shook his head, "No, but I am still a Prefect. I wonder who got-James, mate, what's wrong with you?" Remus directed this to the boy whose mouth was open in shock.

"Probably was kicked out," Lyra joked, but her face fell with confusion when James didn't retort back. "Oh no, you didn't get expelled, did you?" she asked as she reached for the parchment in James' hand. When the Ravenclaw read over the words, her face fell in the same shock and confusion as James had done.

Sirius leaned over and peered over Lyra's shoulder, and yelled, "You got Head Boy?!"

This snapped James out of whatever trance he was in, "Yeah, mate..."

"Wait, there must be some mistake," said Lily as she grabbed the letter from Lyra's hands, and read out loud, "Mr. James Potter, you have been selected to act as this year's Head Boy. Please report to the Prefect cabin on the Hogwarts Express on September 1st for instructions on the upcoming year. Congratulations and good luck!"

Remus opened his mouth, closed it, then opened it again and spoke, "Prongs, please don't take offense to this, but how?"

"Probably a last ditch effort to keep us in line," said Sirius. "Dumbledore made and kept you as a Prefect, now with James as Head Boy, I bet he thinks that this would keep us in line for our last year."

"Too bad that'll never happen," said Lily.

"What's that supposed to mean?" asked James.

"Oh, come on. The Marauders, behave? Not bloody likely," she said.

"She has a point," said Sirius.

"I think we could do it if we really wanted to. Maybe," said James. "Well, Remus definitely could."

The friends chuckled before briefly parting ways to tell their parents. About fifteen minutes later each of the five friends found themselves at Gringotts Bank on Diagon Alley.

"I just have to exchange money, so I'll meet all you at Flourish and Blotts," said Lily as she pulled out her bag of Muggle money.

"Can you hold my books, Lils?" James asked as a goblin tried to pull him along the corridor to retrieve his money. "I don't want to be stuck at the back of the line, and I won't be too long."

"Why don't we all meet up outside the bank," said Lily. "I have a plan, but everyone go get your money first."

Lily turned back to a goblin behind the exchange desk to hand over her Muggle currency, while Lyra and the boys made their way down the corridor to the vaults.

Lily thanked the menacing creature before turning to the doors and leaving the building. She rested herself on the stone steps and began looking through her school list as she waited.

Meanwhile, Lyra and the boys were walking out into the lobby with their pockets considerably heavier.

James stopped the group before they reached the doors. "I need all of your help."

"Anything," said Remus.

"Can the three of you go to a different store? Like make up some excuse so that Lily and I can be alone for a while," James begged.

"Sure! Anything specific you want us to do or say?" asked Lyra.

James thought for a minute, "I'll tell her that I want to stop by Flourish and Blotts first, but you say you need to go somewhere else first, Lyra. Make a good excuse up, too."

"Why me? Why not Sirius, or Remus for that matter?" she asked with her eyebrow cocked.

"Because she wouldn't trust Sirius and she knows when Remus is making something up," said James as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Alright, but this is not really a plan, Prongs," she said. "It's probably the sloppiest way to make a move I have ever seen from you."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"That you are usually overelaborate, mate," said Sirius with a smirk.

James rolled his eyes, "Just shut up and play along."

The quartet continued to make their way outside. Spotting Lily immediately, James stood straighter and walked up to her.

"We're done, ready to go to Flourish and Blotts?" he asked, holding a hand to her. Lily nodded and acccepted his gesture to help her up from the steps. When Lyra didn't say anything, James continued. "Anyone coming with us?"

"Oh!" said Lyra. "Nope, I'm taking Sirius and Remus to help me carry my Apothecary things, then we are going to... ah.... Madam Malkin's, need new robes, see; then I think-" Sirius nugded Lyra. "Anyways, we'll catch up with you at Fortescue's in about two hours?"

"You're taking both Sirius and Remus to help you?" asked Lily.

"Well, I need two young, strapping men to help me carry all my stuff," Lyra replied. "You know how us Ravenclaws are, always need more that what's required. I have to prepare for anything."

Lily just slowly nodded, not quite believing a word that the young girl said. She turned to James and motioned for him to follow her and the two made their way to the book store down the street.

Once they were out of ear shot, Sirius turned to Lyra, "You are a horrible liar."

"Well, I was put on the spot!" Lyra retorted. "Blame James, not me!" The remaining boys laughed and the trio soon made their way down the infamous Diagon Alley in serch of their much needed school supplies.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for everyone who has read and subscribed! Thank you to punkrockerballerina, unbroken!paradise, ashleygreenthebest, and Awesome Asian Girl for your comments!

We are in need of awesome prank ideas, so if you have any, PM one of us!! *Do not comment for pranks, we like to keep the pranks as much of a surprise as possible*

Trisha-ValoX69
Bambie!