The Insanity With Dating Padfoot and Prongs

I'm Not Your Bloody Secretary

The Great Hall was bursting with cheer as the students and teachers enjoyed the first feast of the new year. Talks about summer vacations, new robes and haircuts, and the latest Qudditch news were flowing freely amongst the crowd.

Lyra glanced from her seat at the Ravenclaw table to the Gryffindors and smiled when she noticed Sirius and James talking in whispers with their lips in infamous smirks and their eyes alight with mischief.

The Ravenclaw chuckled to herself, but a tap on the shoulder brought her attention back to her table. Cheryl was looking at her with a big smile.

"Guess who's looking at you?" said Cheryl.

"Who?" Cheryl pointed down the Ravenclaw table to a young man in his seventh year. Octavian Baines flicked his blonde fringe away and smiled at the beautiful blue eyed girl. Lyra returned his smile a bit hesitantly and gave a slight wave before turning back to Cheryl.

"You have to admit, he is a catch," said Cheryl.

"You can have him if you want," Lyra shrugged, looking back over to Sirius. She smiled as he and James still sat huddled, soft whispers being the only thing between them as their eyes glanced up to the Professor's table every now and then. "Octavian is a good guy."

"He's perfect," Cheryl said with a sigh.

"Not really," replied the girl. "Not for me anyways."
U
Another voice spoke, "Sirius Black couldn't possible be better." Lyra turned to Maura Casanova, a light brunette Ravenclaw in the same year as herself. Maura seemed to be glaring at the Marauders with disdain.

Lyra's face twisted in a mixture of confusion and contempt at the words and timbre of Maura's confession.

"He may not advertise it, but Sirius is absolutely perfect," spoke Lyra with pride. "And James, Peter and Remus are some of the best friends I've had the liberty to call mine. They can be complete sweethearts when the time calls for it."

"Name one instance where they were sweet," said Maura.

"Remus is always sweet; he's kind and caring and always thinks of others. When Octavian and I broke up, it was James whose shoulder I cried on," Lyra replied. "As for Sirius, he has been nothing short than amazing. If you really get to know them, you'll understand."

Maura rolled her eyes but didn't say anything more and Lyra turned her gaze back upon the Gryffindor table just in time to catch James and Sirius removing themselves and make their way to the front of the room.

Lyra tore her eyes away from her boyfriend and looked to Remus for some sort of indication to what exactly was going on. However Remus was looking at her with the same questioning stare.

The two turned away from each other and began watching the scene unfold, both praying that it wouldn't turn into a detention in the end. Yet Lyra had to stifle a laugh when she looked upon McGonagall. The middle aged woman's face was twisted in disgust and uncertainty as the boys made their way to the Headmaster's Podium.

James smiled toward Professor Dumbledore and asked with confidence, "Professor, would you mind if I say a few words before you give your annual speech?"

Professor Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, was a kind old man with a long silvery beard. At first glance you would think nothing great of this man beyond others of his age, yet James and Sirius have found that, although only speaking with the Headmaster alone on one occasion, Dumbledore had a slight mischievous side to him as well.

Curious to their plan, although he had a good idea what this would be about, Dumbledore waved his hand to the podium in indication to the pair the right to speak.

"Just as long," said Dumbledore, "as you refrain yourselves from mocking or hexing any one of your fellow students." A nudge from Professor McGonagall and the Headmaster's eyes twinkled with hidden laughter as he added, "And as long as no one on the staff has the fortune of receiving a kiss from Mr. Black."

Sirius' face flushed in slight embarrassment and he pushed a laughing James toward the podium. James then cleared his throat and motioned to the student body to quiet down.

"Settle down, settle down," James said with a smile. "As many of you have found out I am the new Head Boy, and I would like to take a moment to address you, my fellow students." In Lyra's peripheral vision she saw Lily stand from her seat and start to make her way to James and Sirius. "First, I would like to introduce my second in command, Sirius Black. In order to gain my audience, you must first go through him. Next-"

"Wait a second, mate," Sirius spoke up, "I'm not your bloody secretary."

James gave him a blank stare, then turned back to the crowd as if Sirius never spoke at all. "Next, Sirius and I are on the look out for new recruits. As many of you know, Sirius, Remus, Peter and myself will all be leaving Hogwarts after this year. With that being said, we will need at least four first years to now continue our legacy-"

Lily finally got up to the podium, yet Professor McGonagall had beat her. The aging Transfiguration professor gently pushed James toward the Head Girl and spoke, "Thank you Mr. Potter, for that interesting introduction. However, as Head Boy you are to set an example to your fellow students, so I know you and Mr. Black will keep your shenanigans to a minimum, thus encouraging others to do the same." James rolled his hazel eyes shrugged as if to say 'What ever you want to tell yourself, Professor.'

McGonagall continued, "Now if you three would please go back to your seats, I think Professor Dumbledore has a few words he would like to speak before you are all off to bed. Professor?"

Dumbledore smiled kindly to McGonagall and swiftly made his way to the Podium as Lily and the two boys sat down.

"Thank you Professor McGonagall," Professor Dumbledore said kindly. "And thank you Mr. Potter for that delightfully entertaining speech. But would you rather I owl if I need your audience? I would hate to trouble Mr. Black."

James stood up and gave a flamboyant bow, "Why of course you may use an owl, Professor! And call on me any time, for I am your loyal servant!"

Laughter was heard through out the Great Hall and Professor Dumbledore waved his hands to silence; a smile still lay upon his lips.

Lyra arrived at the entrance to the Great Hall the next morning only to be grabbed and pulled to the side by a bemused looking Sirius. Lily, who was also in the same pridicament (except it was Remus who had her in his arms) threw the Ravenclaw a questioning glance before turning her attention to James on the other side of her.

"What is this all about?" Lily asked.

"Promise you won't get mad?" replied James with a smirk.

"No."

"Well, then I won't tell you." Lily rolled her eyes and gave him a look. "Alright, alright. I suppose Remus has a good hold of you anyways. The three of us and Peter decided to wake up early and spread a thin layer of butter on the floor to the Great Hall for those early risers. I know, I know, not our greatest idea, but it is a classic."

Lily stared at James long and hard before shocking everyone by burst out in a fit of giggles.

"I know this is wrong to say, but this is going to be hilarious to watch!" The three boys and Lyra gave her a look of shock as the young Gryffindor's giggling slowed to a stop leaving a smile in its place. Lily just shrugged at the silent words and said, "Hey, it's my last year, might as well start it off with a ba-"

Just before she could finish a half dressed Peter can running full speed towards the doors. As soon as his shoes caught hold of the buttered stone, one foot flew up as the other slid across the floor until his body was abruptly stopped by the heavy wooden door.

For a moment all was silent.

Then, as if Alihotsy Draught was poured over the five teenagers, laughter burst through the silence and echoed out through the castle. For what seemed like a life time, the five held their aching bellies as they tried in vain to calm themselves.

Remus, who was the first to calm slightly down, quickly siphoned the butter away and stumbled-still chuckling- to Peter's aid. As he helped the short, chubby boy up the rest of the school appeared to have impossibly apparated to the scene with questioning stares.

Finally, James calmed just enough to speak in broken sentences, "Wormtail! You- you were there! You were there when we smeared butter- are you bloody- Merlin! That was officially the greatest idea we ever had! Who bloody knew it- it would turn out so... so beautifully!"

Peter's face redden, "I thought I woke late and was missing breakfast..."

"Di-did you not think to lo-look for us where we said we would hide?!" Sirius asked between barks of laughter. Peter looked down in shame.

"Lighten up, mate," said Remus as he clapped his hand on Peter's shoulders. "You were absolutely brilliant! This prank couldn't have gone better if it were anyone else!"

Peter gave a faint smile before turning back to the Great Hall and lead the rest of the gang into the Great Hall.

Lyra stopped at the Gryffindor table and gave Sirius a swift, but loving kiss. "I have to sit with my house to receive my schedule, but I'll be sitting next to you at lunch."

"Alright, love," he said, smiling. "Mind if I walk you to your first lesson?"

"Hmm..." Lyra tapped her chin as if in thought. "I suppose not, as long as you don't need to keep an eye on Peter to make sure he doesn't slip on any more butter."

Sirius chuckled, "I'm sure Remus and James can keep an eye on him for a while," Sirius leaned in for another kiss. "Go, before I place you in a body bind and keep you next to me."

"Kinky." Sirius gave another barking laugh. "Alright, I'm going. Don't do anything stupid while I'm a few tables away and unable to properly enjoy it."

Sirius sat down next to James as his girlfriend walked away, and happened to glance over to Lily-who was shocked to see her friends seated close- smiling sweetly at him.

"Yes, Evans?" he said with a quirked eyebrow.

Lily's smile widened and she shook her head. "I just find the both of you adorable."

"Lily, I'm not adorable, I'm downright sexy." Lily gave a laugh.

"Whatever you say, Black," she responded with a smirk and a roll of her eyes. "I just mean that the two of you are perfect for each other and it's sweet."

"Yeah," James piped in. "So sweet it makes my tooth ache and my stomach turn."

"You're one to talk, Prongs," spat Sirius jokingly. "Oh, Lily dearest! How doth my heart flutter when you say my name!"

Both Lily and James blushed, and the red head retorted, "Oh, puh-lease. At least James doesn't have to actually have the woman to be sweet." And with that being said, Lily turned towards her friends, striking up a conversation with Seia Martin leaving both James and Sirius perplexed.
♠ ♠ ♠
From Bambie!: If you are hankering for another Marauder's Era story, read Totidem Verbis's story The Weight Of The World. She only has two chapters out, but I am already addicted! Here is a small piece from the first chapter to entice you:

“I was only going to say that perhaps someone should speak to him before showing him this. A small kindness, if you will.”

“He wouldn’t believe it, and the others won’t be able to believe it. I will think on it. For now, get some rest and then gather the Order. The war may be over, but we still have much to discuss.”


Yes, it is a Marauder's story, no, I will not give you more than that! Go read and comment!
Thanks again for reading, subscribing, and all your wonderful comments! Thank you SparkUpTonight and CrashTestKay for your constructive criticism. We will be putting more of the war in and it should pick up now that we are back home :). I apologize not only to you two, but to everyone for the lateness. We planned to have this written and out a long time ago, but life bitch slapped us both with a little too much crap that we had to get sorted out before hand. I hope this chapter makes up for it, and we'll have the next one up much more quickly!

And for everyone who has commented, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Thank y'all for staying with us and being patient!

Lots of love,
Bambie!