The Insanity With Dating Padfoot and Prongs

You're Both Pretty. Now Please Shut It.

Lyra was sitting on one of the blue couches in the Ravenclaw common room with a book in her lap when Cheryl came through the door, followed by a few of her other friends; Constance Brightwater, Melinda Howell, and Veronica Walsh. They were all looking very excited, and Cheryl was carrying a strange-looking sack.

"Come on, Lyra, it's Ladies' Night!" said Melinda, her black curls bouncing as she ran over to her. She took the book out of her lap and lay it on the table before she grabbed Lyra's hand and started pulling her to the staircase. Lyra laughed and followed her up until they got to their dormitory.

Six four-poster beds with blue and bronze drapery were placed around the circular room, all pointing toward the brazier at its center. Lyra jumped onto her bed with Melinda and faced her friends. Cheryl did the same with Constance, and Veronica went to her suitcase and pulled out butterbeers for everyone.

"I thought I should bring something we couldn't get from the kitchens," she said as she passed them around.

"Thanks," said Lyra as she accepted the drink. "What's in the sack, Cheryl?"

"Just a few things I smuggled out of the kitchens," she said, up-ending the bag onto her bed.

All kinds of sweets wrapped in indivudual bags fell onto the bed; jam doughnuts, miniature treacle tarts, chocolate-covered strawberries, peppermint humbugs, and toffees. The girls cheered and crowded around the bed, picking what they wanted. Lyra took a treacle tart, two strawberries and a toffee before she took a seat on her bed once more.

"So, ladies, what shall we do now?" asked Constance, a very thin girl with blonde hair.

"Hmm..." said Veronica.

"Oh! Have you ever played Never Have I Ever?" Cheryl piped up excitedly. Melinda and Constance shook there heads no. "Okay, everyone take a butterbeer. It's better if you have something a bit stronger, but we'll play with what we got. Anyways, we each take a turn and say 'Never have I ever...' and then say whatever you want! If you have done whatever it is, you take a drink."

"Can you name something you have done?" asked Melinda.

"Yes," Lyra spoke up. "I'll go first. Never have I ever... uhmm... Jumped in the Black Lake naked!" Melinda and Veronica groaned in embarassment and took a swig from their respective bottles. Lyra nudged Veronica next to her, indicating it was her turn.

"Alright," Veronica spoke. "Never have I ever... dated a Quidditch player!" Lyra, Melinda, and Constance giggled and took a swig.

Melinda went next, "Never have I ever fallen through the Vanishing Step!" The whole group of girls laughed and drank.

"Me next!" Constance shouted. "Never have I ever danced naked in the rain!" The girl who shouted grabbed her own butterbeer and chugged it in pride. Lyra blushed, but laughed and drank too, smiling as she remembered the summer night alight with firewhiskey a few years ago.

"Okay, never have I ever," Cheryl cast a sly look towards Lyra. "Dated a Marauder." The other three girls perked up as Lyra took a drink.

"Speaking of, how're things going with Sirius?" asked Veronica.

"Very well, thanks," said Lyra, smiling at the thought.

"That reminds me!" Melinda said with a snap of a finger. "Marco and I have officially started dating this summer! He took me on a wonderful little picnic in the countryside and asked me!"

"Oh, that's so sweet!" said Lyra. She made a mental note to ask Sirius if they could do something like that one day.

"He's darling!" Melinda cooed. "Veronica, what happened to you and Donald?" Veronica rolled her eyes, mumbling something about breaking up with the boy soon.

"Melinda, you're getting off topic again," said Cheryl. "Lyra, we haven't really talked since Octavian, what with you running around with Sirius and James. Tell me, what's it like to be dating the fittest guy in school?"

Lyra blushed and pushed her hair behind her ear self-consciously. "Well, it's been great. He's really much different than the pig-headed prat everyone thinks he is. He's really very sweet when he wants to be."

"He could be the biggest bloody git in the world, and I'd still date him," laughed Constance. "Merlin! If James wasn't so hung up over Lily Evans I'd date him too! Actually, is he still chasing her? Because I wouldn't mind asking a guy out if he's fit enough."

"Lily and James are definitely on their way to dating," said Lyra. "I don't know if they're official yet though. But they're pretty perfect for each other, so I think you'd have a tought time prying James away."

"Well, damn," Constance playfully huffed. "I guess I got to find myself another Quidditch player."

"Octavian is all yours if you want him," said Lyra. In truth, she would be thankful for him to be with someone else so people would get off her back for breaking up with him.

Constance gave her a coy smile, one reminding her a little too much of the Marauder's, and said, "I may take you up on that offer."

"I don't understand why you broke up with Octavian. He is a perfect gentleman," asked Cheryl.

"That was part of the problem," said Lyra. "He was too smothering, and he treated me like I was made of glass. Chivalry is appreciated on occasion, but I'd much rather do things for myself. He also wanted me to spy on my friends. In no context is that appropriate."

"Ugh nevermind," Constance grimanced, "Oh! What about that shabby looking one? Ronnie, Robert-"

"Remus?" asked Lyra. She didn't like that Constance called one of her best friends 'shabby', but she didn't want to start anything now.

"Yeah! Him! He's cute in a way."

"He's single, if that's what you're asking. And he's very, very sweet. One of the greatest guys I know, in fact. Maybe a little shy at first, but it's very worth it to get to know him."

Veronica gave Lyra an honest questioning look, "So why did you choose Sirius over Remus?"

"It just sort of happened," said Lyra. "We connected in a way that Remus and I didn't. Remus was just never anything other than my friend. And besides, I'm a sucker for dark hair and light eyes." That made her friends laugh like she knew it would.

It didn't take long for their group discussion to dissolve into separate conversations. Constance and Cheryl were going back and forth about our new course schedules, and Melinda was telling Veronica every last detail of her date with Marco. Lyra looked on at her friends, beginning to remember why she avoided spending time with them last year.

"We're out of food, already? Lyra, wanna help me sneak some more from the kitchens?" asked Veronica.

"Sure," smiled Lyra. Any excuse to leave the room was welcome.

The pair of them left Ravenclaw tower and headed down the stairs toward the kitchens.

"They're a bit overwhelming, don't you think?" said Veronica.

"Tell me about it. I might've thought twice about doing this if I knew I'd be interrogated," said Lyra, only half-joking.

"I figured you needed an out too." Veronica wore a hint of a mischievous grin.

"Wait, you planned this?"

"Do you really think we could go through that many snacks when three-fifths of the mouths were flapping?"

Lyra laughed, "I should've known."

"So... ah, never mind," Veronica said with a blush.

"No, what were you going to say?" asked Lyra, stopping Veronica with her hand just as they reached the painting. It was obvious something was bothering her.

Veronica's blush deepened and she stuttered, "It's nothing. Forget about it."

"Come on, you can talk to me. What's on your mind?"

The girl bit her lip in thought before smiling meekly at Lyra, "You were saying that Remus Lupin was single now?"

A huge smile appeared on Lyra's face and she got visibly excited. Veronica had always been her favorite among her group of friends, and she was thrilled she was showing interest in another of her friends. "You like him!" she shouted, and then covered her mouth.

"Shush!" Veronica said, covering her own hands on top of Lyra's. "Yes, alright!"

"This is fantastic!" Lyra whisper-yelled. "Have you spoken to him at all?"

Veronica shook her head and hid behind her long, blonde hair, "Not since forth year when he picked up my quill. I just get so tongue tied around him."

"You mean you've liked him for that long and you never told me?!" Lyra asked, astonished at her friend's ability to hold that in for so long.

"Well, it's not like I could with you either hanging around the three loud mouths up there, or around him and his best friends."

"I'm sorry," said Lyra, feeling slightly guilty. "I'll make it up to you. I'll introduce the two of you officially!"

"Oh, well," Veronica looked shocked and slightly scared at this thought. In the end she nodded her head, "Do you mind if I start sitting with you at the Gryffindor table? I'm sick of unnecessary drama."

"Of course not! Come sit with us tomorrow at breakfast," said Lyra.

"Thanks so much!" said Veronica as she reached up to tickle the pear on the portrait. "You are a life saver!"

"Hey, it's what I'm here for!" said Lyra. "Now let's get some more snacks before they send someone after us."

The next morning, Lyra rolled out of bed a little later than usual. Veronica was already dressed and sitting on her bed, apparently waiting for Lyra to wake up. A quick look around confirmed that everyone else had gone down to breakfast.

"What time is it?" asked Lyra as she started getting dressed.

"Late. Hurry up, or breakfast will be over." Lyra cursed under her breath and did her hair quickly.

In five minutes flat the two of them were on their way to the Great Hall. Veronica was fussing with her hair on the walk down, and kept smoothing out her robes, which made Lyra smile.

"You look lovely, Veronica. Just relax," said Lyra as they walked into the Great Hall.

They headed for the Gryffindor table, ignoring the strange looks they got from their friends. Lyra spotted Sirius and the rest of the Marauders sitting at the middle of the table with plenty of free space beside them. When they reached the table, Lyra snuck up behind Sirius and covered his eyes.

"Guess who?" she asked.

"Hmm... let me think.." he said. "My beautiful girlfriend, Lyra?"

"No," Lyra said, leaning in close. "Professor McGonagall."

"Professor! I knew you couldn't resist the Black charm!"

"Excuse me?" said Professor McGonagall, who had walked over without either of them noticing. Lyra withdrew her hands from Sirius' eyes and both of them snapped their heads in her direction.

"Professor! We were just-" said Lyra, but Professor McGonagall raised a hand.

"Nevermind. I suggest the lot of you finish your breakfasts in time to make it to your classes on time," she said.

"Of course, ma'am," said Lyra, and the professor took her leave. Lyra sat beside Sirius, with Veronica on her other side.

"Hello," said James. "Who's this?"

"This is Veronica. She's a friend of mine from Ravenclaw. Veronica, this is James, Sirius, Peter, and Remus." Lyra pointed to each of them in turn, and she caught the blush on Veronica's face as Remus said hello. After everyone was introduce, Veronica and Lyra put food on their plates and started eating.

"So, what brings you to the Gryffindor table?" asked Sirius as he took a sip of pumpkin juice.

"Oh.. uhmm," Veronica turned to Lyra for help.

"Well, the other girls are being a bit... overwhelming," she answered leaving out Veronica's crush to not embarass her or Remus. Lyra looked to the other side of her boyfriend to see a first year Gryffindor with a readied quill in his hand.

Seeing her questioning look, James spoke up, "Lyra, this is Jeffrey Bean, my shadow, and Michael Rice, Sirius' shadow."

"And why are they shadowing you again?"

"Because we're leaving this year and we need someone to take over," Veronica giggled at the explanation. "Don't laugh, you'll possibly be helping us prank too."

Veronica's cheeks flushed a deeper red, so to ease attention away from the shy girl, Lyra asked, "So James, how's it going with Lily?"

Before James could open his mouth, Sirius turned to Michael and said, "What you are about to hear is James spew out something stupid that is going to tarnish his chances at romance. Write that down."

"Now, mate, they are way to young for relationship advice," said James.

"No they're not!" yelled Sirius. "Michael, write this down! If you want a girl, never be as persistent as James. You'll run her off."

"Oh yeah? Jeffrey, write THIS down," countered James. "When you're in love with a girl, don't let her date some other git because you don't want to get your feelings hurt!"

"What?!" said Sirius.

"You heard me!" said James.

"Boys!" shouted Lyra. They both fell silent and looked at her. "You're both pretty. Now please shut it."

"You think I'm pretty?" asked James.

"You think he's pretty?" Sirius sounded jealous.

"Oh for the love of- If you two don't stop this, I'm walking myself to class!" said Lyra. That seemed to get Sirius' attention.

"Okay, okay, fine, I'll stop. Are you done eating?" asked Sirius.

"Yeah," said Lyra. "We'd better get going now, class starts in ten minutes."

With that, everyone gathered their books and headed out the doors. Remus and Peter started a conversation with Veronica, who kept glancing nervously at Remus when she thought he wasn't looking, James sent their proteges off to their classes and Lyra and Sirius walked behind everyone, hand in hand.

"So, what's the story with Veronica?" asked Sirius in a low whisper.

"What do you mean?" asked Lyra.

"Come on, love. I'm not stupid. You brought her here for a reason - what was it?" he said. Lyra bit her lip, debating whether to say anything. Finally she decided that she would. Sirius wouldn't say anything, and besides, who better to help Veronica get Remus' attention than his best friend?

"You have to promise not to say anything," she said.

"I solemnly swear," said Sirius. "Now please tell me."

"Okay. Last night, you know how I was having a bit of a ladies night with my old Ravenclaw friends?"

"Yeah."

"Well, after I was practically interrogated about you-"

"What did you say about me?" Sirius gave her a cocky smile. "All good things, I hope?"

"If there were bad things, you'd be the first to know." Sirius let got of her hand and put his arm around her as they walked.

"Anyway, you were saying?"

"Right, after the interrogation, Veronica pulled me aside and told me that she's had a crush on Remus for years."

Sirius looked like Christmas had come early. "She does?"

"Yes."

"This is perfect. She seems way more mentally there than Janet was," he said. "And besides, it's about time Remus got a new girlfriend."

"So you'll help me play match maker?" asked Lyra.

"Like I could say no to you," said Sirius, placing a quick kiss on the top of her head.

It wasn't long before they reached Lyra and Veronica's Transfiguration class. Veronica said a shy goodbye before she went to enter the classroom, bumping into another student who was on her way out. Sirius and Lyra said their goodbyes with the promise that they'd see each other later to continue their plotting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, we're back! Sorry for the lack of updating, I've been really tied up with my life, but things have gotten just a little more simple. so I'm trying to get back to my stories :)

Comments are always appreciated!

Also, anyone see The Avengers?