Mr.Meows

Chapter three - Wounds

''...Smudge?" i call his name gently as he stands down on his four legs staring right back at me. i see the cuts over him and the gash on his shoulder. Seeing my pet hurt pushed any and all disbelief and slight possible rejection from him speaking.i try to go up to my feet to him but can only manage to my knees weakly in front of him.My eyes begin to tear up as i see more of the damage he took for me and i bundle him up in my arms.
" My poor baby! I'm so sorry Smudge i didn't stop the other cat from hurting you.''
i let the tears roll down my face the salt making the small scratches there burn.
i feel his soft padded paw reach up and lay on my cheek carefully avoiding the marks left there. i look down into his small furry face, with his own big watery golden eyes looking up at me.
''i'll be o.k. grace''
he speaks softly his voice lined with a gentle rumble of a purr.i smile down at him my crying already stopped with the more important matter of fixing us out at hand and i gingerly lift him up steadying my feet firmly.i open the door on top of the fire escape and immediately am met with Lola and Faiths barks and...words!?
''Hi!Hi! what happened? Where'd you go?We can talk in front of you now!Right?Right?'' i stare down at Lola yapping away like a small furry school girl. And turn to Faith who spoke like the grandmother I've always imagined her to be.
''oh child, come now you need to fix yourselves up right now fore' whatever germ that filthy mongora'l has gets at ya'' her voice draws out sweet and gentle like a southern hug.
''awe...wait, why do you have a southern accent Faith?we are no where near the south!''
i ask quickly getting used to there ability having long before since chatted at them when i was left by myself.
'' well child we Animals just ant to sure bout that but come come!''
she leads me and Smudge to the bathroom with a wag of her tail and i still can't help but look astonished at her. With her skin short fur along her old but graceful body
''like a deer'' i thought to myself like i've always have, but her speaking!
''i don't know if i'll ever get used to this..'' i mumble as i carry my pet it to the sink to wash and clean ourselves. As i dress our cuts and his more serious wound my brain runs with a million questions like, how is it possible for them to talk?
why are they talking now?did they learn how to speak? where they born that way? are they different from other animals? what do i do now? my thoughts where interrupted by two of Lola's paws on my butt stretching.
''You know~ this could be a good thing now that you know our secret. we can finally talk to each other!''
she grins her crooked smile and i don't worry about my questions much longer and i just pat her head. although one question buzzed in my head still, why was i attacked by that huge cat?
...
Never in my life had i felt this much anxiety and fear till the moment i knew she heard me utter words, human words at that to! and yet at the very next moment when she staggered to me and held me close crying, not for knowing I'm what the world would call abnormal, but because she was worried about me-loved me. i felt her love and acceptance and joy soared in me higher than a mountain. i let her pick me up and later place me in the bathroom sink to tend to our cuts.I don't flinch when she touch the tiny gash on my shoulder to clean it my mind still filled with admiration of her.
worrying thoughts float through my furry mind again as I try to find a way to answer any questions shes bound to have.
...
i arrive at the front steps of the Clan house hold, panting heavily having lost a lot of blood from the deep gash of what used to be my eye. I wearily trot up the gloomy and seemingly empty steps into the house through the kitty door leaving red paw prints in my wake. I'm not surprised to see the head hunter waiting for me and the other at the top of the regally tall stair case landing.
''humblly forgive my mistakes, i was unscessful-''
''What!? How dare you even return!''
i bow my head in silence but soon regret the move as more blood spills from my head making me dizzy. in my weaken state i don't even notice my hunting leader standing right next to me till he pushed me down to my side. i look up and see killing intent.
''Please! Mercy!''
i beg him but to no advail as he raises his huge talons daring to be called paws.
''There shall be no mercy in the Clans walls.''
♠ ♠ ♠
i hope the height of this chapter makes up for the last one and be ensured chapter four is coming soon! I'm quite excited with this story and i hope you readers are to! as always please be kind enough to leave you own critics !