Status: Complete

Turbulence

It's All Coming Up Roses

I let out a soft groan as the sun pushed through the feathery curtains. My eyes fluttered open as I became aware of the light breaths brushing my cheek, and the heavy arm around my waist. I small smile quickly crossed my lips as I watched the blond man sleep next to me. My mind began to wander to the conversation from the previous night, and knowing that just having me sleep here was probably encouraging Patrick’s intensions.

Not wanting to get caught up in his trap, I slowly moved his arm from my body, and slipped out of the bed. I could feel my phone vibrating as I made my way out of the room. “Hello?” I spoke softly, not wanting to wake Patrick or Cameron.

“Cee? You alright?”

“I’m alright,” I responded. “How are you?”

“Just a bit tired. I didn’t get much sleep.”

I didn’t say anything, lacking the words.

“You didn’t come home last night.”

“You didn’t want me there.”

“I-”

“No, Jonathan, you didn’t,” I sighed, entering the living room to check on my son. “Cameron and I stayed at Patrick’s.”

“Cee,” he said, in a warning tone.

“I’m telling you because I want you to trust me. I slept in the same bed as him, but nothing happened. We talked, we fell asleep.”

“I do trust you, Carey.”

“With Patrick, you don’t.”

“That’s not fair.”

“It is. And it’s fine. Look, I’m going to wake Cameron up, then we are going to come home.”

“I won’t be there.”

“My spending the night at Pat’s is not a reason to leave, Jonathan.”

“I have to be at the rink in half an hour.”

“Oh,” I muttered, embarrassed.

“I’ll be back for supper, don’t worry. I’m not going any where. Plus, we need to talk about our plans for the summer.”

“Plans?”

“Yeah, we’ll chat. I love you, Cee, but I really have to go. I can’t be late.”

“I love you, too,” I mumbled as he hung up the phone.