Status: Complete

Turbulence

It's Do or Die For You and I

“Jonathan, there is no discussion here,” I shouted, tired of holding in my anger. “I’ll go to Manitoba with you, just like I said I would, but I have a business to run, and another half of Cameron’s family to visit. Just because I’m not dating Patrick any more, doesn’t mean I’m going to be a dick and keep my son from his grandparents.”

“This is ridiculous.”

“What? The fact that I care about my son?”

“This yelling match that we seem to have every time your ex-boyfriend comes up.”

“You’re right, Jonathan, it is ridiculous.”

“So, now what?”

“Excuse me?” I was taken aback by his response. “What do you mean ‘now what’?”

“What do we do? I feel like we’ve been fighting throughout the entire playoffs. It’s a wonder we lost. My mind has been with you.”

“What are you suggesting?”

“I don’t know, Cee,” he sighed, running a hand down his face in frustration. “I mean it when I say I love you. I always have.”

“But you can’t keep fighting.”

“I can’t keep fighting.”

I nodded, and paced around my bedroom. It was like I knew this point was coming, but was still unprepared. “I want this to work,” I admitted, not bothering to look at him. “But I don’t know where to go from here. You don’t even trust me enough to spend two weeks with Patrick’s family. I won’t even be staying in the same room as him.”

“It doesn’t matter, Carey.”

“It does, Jonathan,” I spat. “If this relationship is going anywhere, trusting me matters. I tell you time and time again, nothing happened when we fell asleep after you two were arrested, and nothing happened the other night after you kicked me out of my house, when I spent the night at Patrick’s. Why can you not believe me?”

“You’re house? I live here, too, Carey. In case you forgot, I moved in a couple of months ago.”

“Why?”

“Why?” He repeated with a puzzled expression.

“Why did you want to move in? Was it because you love me and you wanted to move this relationship forward? Or was it because you wanted to keep your eye on me? You know, make sure I wasn’t fucking my ex?”

“Are you really asking me that?”

“Yes, apparently I do.”

“Of course it’s because I love you.”

“Really?” I raised a brow before turning and starting to pace again. “Because it feels like you want to keep me in a fucking prison. Now, if you still want me to, I’ll go to Manitoba with you, but I will only be there for the month. Just like I planned, I will be there for one month. After that, I will be spending two weeks in Buffalo with Patrick and his family.”

“Maybe you should just spend the month here.”

“What?” I spun to stare at him.

“You heard me,” he muttered, not looking me in the eye. “Maybe we should take the month, and just think about things.”

“You want a break?”

“I think it would be for the best.”

“Fine,” I gave him a curt nod. “You go to Winnipeg, and you think about this relationship. I’ll still be going to Buffalo.”