Status: in progress

One More Day

Pierre

I had tried to be calm when on the phone with Seb, but in all honestly, I was freaking out. I didn't want to imagine what could have happened to Lindsey. It was bad enough that she was one of the unfortunate ones to be at the main site of the earthquake. Then when I thought about the fact that she was all alone, I felt uneasy.

I couldn't help but hate Seb's guts. How could he have been so selfish and leave Lindsey...

I pulled on a coat, and slipped into my shoes, feeling as if I wasn't moving fast enough and wasting time. She was out there, and I was taking my time trying to gather myself. I shook my head, grabbing my keys from my counter and heading out there.

I glanced at the empty streets, wondering who else in my neighborhood felt the way I did... uncertain of their m.i.a loved ones.

I sat at the wheel of my car, fingers nervously tapping at the steering wheel. As endless thoughts soared through my mind, I felt myself reaching for my phone and casually pressing the number one on my phone. Her named popped up, as I brought the phone to my ear.

"Answer, damnit." I muttered, speeding out of the drive way, barely glancing to make sure the streets were safe.

I was displeased to hear the sound of her voice mail, her cheerful voice joking and requesting to leave a message after the beep. I ended the call, and tossed my phone. For some reason, for no reason, I cursed out Seb all the way. I cursed out the earthquake and blamed even God for the misfortune. I just couldn't shake the idea of Lindsey stuck in all that mess,with no way out. It was Seb's job to be there for her and always protect her, and he failed.... even worse, I failed her. How could anyone forgive me?

As both of their best friends, I should have been there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Co-written with Sanity Sinking
The next parts will be longer as the story progresses.