Status: in progress

One More Day

Jeff/Maribel

Jeff's P.O.V

Oh my God! What the hell just happened! I thought to myself as I was standing in the doorway of my front door just about to go to fiance Maribels house. I Immediately starting calling her to make sure she's okay.

"Oh my gosh, how are you calling me?" Maribel asnwers the phone.

"What do you mean how am I calling you? I'm making sure your okay!" I tell her shocked at her.

"Thats not what I mean. I just tried calling Lindsey, Celia and David and all lines are down!"

"They are closer to where it hit; the towers were probably knocked down from the quake. But are you okay? I'm almost to your condo."

"Yeah, i'm fine I think..." she trailed off.

I hung up the phone and rushed into her condo.

"Are you sure?" I asked her making sure everything what alright.

"Yeah, but we need to go make sure the others are alright." She said hugging me tight; still a little shaken from what just went down.

"They are evacuating that part of Montreal babe. Are you sure you want to go?"

I looked down at her trying to read her expression.

"Yes. Lindseys all alone with Seb in California and with David i'm not sure Celia and him are going to get very far. You know how they both can get in high stress situations." She made a valid point.

"Alright, lets pack a bag each and hit the road." They nod and head for the bedroom.

One Hour Later...

I tried to focus on the road ahead of me, but the the sound of Maribel muttering kept grabbing my attention. I could hear how calm and collected she was trying to be, but I knew that she must have felt the same as me.

"You should do something to keep your mind off of everything." I said, not sure if something like that was possibe. I knew for damn sure that I couldn't, but I hoped that she could.

"Yeah, sure." her voice was distant, and when I glanced her way, she was staring out the window, with a weary expression.

I looked to the road, then back to her, "I know that this is a lot to process..." I began, "And I wish I could get you out of here faster."

She feigned a smiled, "Surprisingly, the earthquake isn't what's got me all shaken up."

"What?"

"Nothing, just a lot on my miind."

I nodded, knowing that leaving her be was the all she wanted me to do. When she cleared her mind, then she could share what ever was bugging her. But I was curious to know what else coud be bothering her... If anything, the quake should have been what was on her mind.

Maribel's P.O.V

The view of fallen buildings, and banged up cars all seemed to fade together. The streets were mostly bare, except for few scattered families. I tried not to look too long, afraid that I'd see some unfortunate lifeless body. But I couldn't let my thoughts get carried away, or... well, they'd only take me to a deeper depression.

Once we turned onto Lindsey's street, I perked up, carefully watching her house as we passed. There was a tree through the side of the house. I noticed that there was a man knelt down infront of her house. I almost dismissed him until he stood, and I realized that the man was Pierre.

"Stop the car!" I yelled, swinging the door open before the car even halted. "Pierre!" I called out, unbuckling myself from the seat, "What are you doing here?"

He turned, looking surprised to see me, "What are you guys doing here?"

"We came to make sure Lindsey, Celia and David were safe. What are you doing here?"

"The same, really... Seb called me and asked if I would check on her."

I laughed, "Like Seb really needed to ask."

He smiled, "Well, no, but he did... Anyway, there's no sign of her here, so I'm guessing she already left for the shuttles."

I looked to Jeff, who was still sitting in the car, and peering on my side of the car, "What's going on?" he questioned.

"Looks like Lindsey made out." I responded, turning my attention to Pierre next, "I guess, that means we'll be on our way..."

"Be safe." he said.

I paused, barely turning towards the car, then called out to him, "Can I ask you something?"

He looked to me, with furrowed brows, "Of course, what's up?"

"I've been contemplating on when I should tell Jeff something. I really want him to know, but I don't know a good time, what do you think I should do?"

"Well, I'm learning that if there's something you really want to tell someone, you should just do it. Because you never know if something could happen, that would take that chance away."

We both jumped back in surprise as a pole hit the ground with a loud boom. I turned to see a down power pole right infront of our car. I stared wide eyed, in shock... and suddenly Jeff started to scream, flinging the car door open and attempting to jump out with his seat belt still on.

"I almost died!" he shouted, "Oh my God, I almost died. Did you guys see that?!"

"I have to go now." Pierre muttered.

I nodded, "You go get her." then turned my attention back to Jeff who was still yelling. I ran to his side and hugged him, kissing him on the lips. "I'm glad you're alive, because I wouldn't want our kid to grow up without a dad."

"Wait.. what?"
♠ ♠ ♠
co-written with Sanity Sinking.
More to come!