Cupid's Kiss

Stuck Like Glue

~Amanda~

A week after the encounter in cafeteria, Travis kept sticking around; coming to my house, helping me with homework, walking me to my next class... Pointing out guys that would be perfect for me... Yeah, I was a little weirded out by that. But it never occured to me that my new friend would be... I'm not gonna say it.
So the next weekend, I let Travis hang out at my house to help me study for a Reading test.
"What is personification?" he tested me.
"Giving an animal or object human qualities."
"Correct. Now give an example."
"The leaves danced in the wind. Object- leaves, human quality- danced."
Travis nodded his approval. I smiled. When my mom got home, I asked her if me and Travis could hang out in my room. She nodded and admonished me not to do anything she wouldn't approve of. I nodded and led my friend to my room. We sat down on my bed and spread out my textbooks and homework.
"So, what do you think of Troy?" Travis asked, grinning.
"Are you gay?" I blurted out. I just couldn't keep my mouth shut. I covered my mouth with both of my hands.
"No."
"Then why do you keep asking me what I think of guys in my grade?"
"I don't know. I know for sure that I'm not gay."

~Travis~
In my defense at that point, I was a newer employee at the Magical Creature Facility, and I didn't know what to say. And, people like me (my kind) cannot be gay. However, we can help gay people, and lesbians. But we are not gay ourselves. Or lesbians.

~Amanda~

It's not my fault that I didn't know at that time that Creatures like Travis couldn't be gay. I didn't have any experience of his kind of Creature. Or any kind of Creature at that.
But anyway, I said that I didn't really ever think much of Troy, but yeah, he was kinda cute.
So the next day, Travis set me up with Troy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like this chapter. Please remember to comment and subscribe.