Status: Active

What You Don't Remember

Summer Heat

“Now, I’m going to explain how our wizarding banks work. You’ll remember how I told you to count money, well…” I half listened to Professor Snape and laid my head on the table in front of me.

Usually I was fully involved in the lessons, which I actually enjoyed but I wasn’t in the mood for it today. It was the first really nice day outside, and I could feel the even feel the warm air all the way down in the dungeons. To top it off it was also the first Saturday at the castle and I had woken up expecting a day off finally only to realize that it was turning out much like all the other days.

Instead of listening, I started to openly check out the only other person in the room. I hadn’t had a “moment” with Professor Snape since my first night but that was only because I was very careful around him now. I didn’t allow myself to stare into his eyes or get anywhere close enough to touch him. So I was careful to avoid those as I started to look at him and saw that I found him just as handsome as the first I looked at him, maybe even more now that I knew that his cold demeanor didn’t define him. He was pretty young to be a professor here. The youngest professor I had met so far. He was probably only ten or so years older than me. Not too old to be consider really odd if something ever happened between us.

“Ally, are you paying attention?” Snape’s voice snapped.

“Wh-what?” I asked and felt my face turn beet red.

“I asked if you were paying attention.” Snape smirked.

“Oh, well no.” I told him honestly.

He sighed and walked over to my tale before sitting down in the chair next to mine. This had been his usual sign that he was taking a break from teaching

“You usually pay attention.” he pointed out while leaning back in the chair.

“It’s just that…it’s so pretty outside and we are stuck down here. It’s the first day since I came to England that it’s been warm!” I told him hoping that he would buy that explanation.

“It’s been warm all week.” he told me confusedly.

I shook my head, “Not compared to what I’m used to.”

“Hmmm.” he answered.

I turned my head to the side so I could get a better look at him and saw that he was looking at me. I blushed again and snapped my head to face the front again before I got trapped in his gaze.

“I know we have to finish our lesson…”I trailed off.

“It’s very important that you know this stuff. Dumbledore is taking a huge risk having you here.” he agreed.

“But couldn’t we possibly take our lecture outside? Pretty please?” I pleaded.

“Lessons are held in the classrooms.”

“Pretty pretty pretty please?” I asked him and turned my face so he could see my puppy dog face.

“Fine!” he angrily sighed.

“Eeepp!!” I squealed excitedly before jumping out of my seat. Snape just rolled his eyes before he stood up from his own chair and led me out the door.

I had only seen the outside of Hogwarts the first night I was here and that was briefly. Nothing compared to how it was during the day with the nice weather. Snape led us to a tree by the lake that was giving off shade. He pulled his wand out of his robes and pointed the grass were a blanket appeared. I threw myself happily down on the blanket and watched as he less enthusiastically lowered himself down. I gently pulled off my pink robe, allowing my white dress to slightly blow in the wind.

“Isn’t it wonderful out? A tad cool but still gorgeous!” I smiled at the summer air around me.

“Cool out? You think it’s cool outside?” Snape asked me exasperated.

“This almost feels like winter back where I used to live.” I told him as I laid fully down on the blanket making sure that my dress still covered my lower half modestly.

“Where was that? Hades?” he asked disbelievingly and laid down next to me.

“No,” I told him and stuck my tongue at him, “it was in Florida. You know, in America.”

“I could never tell you were American.” he said sarcastically “And I have a hard time
believing anyone would choose this weather all year round.”

“Awh, come on it’s not that bad.” I laughed at him. I rolled on to my side so I could look at him in face. I let out another giggle as I saw a bead of sweat on his forehead slowly start to form.

“You know what your problem is?” I asked him.

“Excuse me?” Snape asked offended and snapped back up into a sitting position.

“You don’t know how to dress for summer.” I told him while sitting up as well.

He didn’t reply but I saw a sneer take hold of his face. Honestly, he couldn’t be comfortable in what he was wearing. He had on his usual black robes, black slacks, black vest, with a white button up underneath. All of those layers had to be suffocating.

“Here, let me help.” I told him quietly.

I took one last thought on if what I was about to do was suitable before telling myself what the heck. I swiftly turned my body so I was facing him directly before moving my leg to the other side of his body so that I was straddling him, sitting down in his lap. I flicked my eyes to his face and saw that he had a blank expression on his face. I hurriedly looked away, gaining courage at the fact that he didn’t look blatantly outraged. I raised my hands to his shoulders before I slowly slid his robe down all the way to his hands where it fell useless. I then unbuttoned the black vast he was wearing, pulling it off of him leaving only his white shirt. I shifted slightly so I had more access to his arm as I rolled up each sleeve of his shirt, exposing his white arms which were by far more defined and toned then I had noticed. I gently rubbed an area of exposed arm that sent a tingle all through me.

“There now, that wasn’t so bad was it?” I said quietly.

When he didn’t reply, I took the chance and looked at his face, bracing myself for his expression. His expression to my dismay was still purely blank. I stared purposefully into his eyes, something that I hadn’t done since the first night of my arrival. I instantly fell back into the trap that was his gaze. This time I was prepared though, only allowing myself to skim the surface of his deep eyes so I was able to be fully in control. Hesitantly I brought my hand up to his face before gently resting it against his cheek. As my hand touched his skin, I saw something flicker in his eyes and I felt his hand snake around my waist before flipping too fast for me to see. He pressed his body into mine and held my gaze intensely. I heard my breathing come out unevenly as I stared back up with him.

“Is this what you wanted?” he whispered before crashing his lips down on top of mine.

Instinctively, my arm snaked around his neck, pulling him deeper into the kiss. I felt his tongue run the course of my bottom lip, asking permission to enter which I happily gave by opening my mouth. His tongue gently slide into my mouth and started expertly working around my own making me give out a small moan. His hands started to go…


“Yes, it was. Now will you please remove yourself from my lap!” Snap’s voice snapped.

My eyes came to focus as I realized that I had been fantasying and none of it had sadly happened. He gave me a pointed look reminding me that I still hadn’t move from his lap, and I hastily crawled off feeling heat rush to my face as I did so.

“Sorry…” I mumbled.

God, I was such an idiot sometimes. Here I was, yet again taking advantage of my professor. I snuck a glance at him and saw that his face was tilted up toward the sun with his eyes closed and an almost sneer planted on his face. Well, at least now he wasn’t suffocating from the heat.

“Umm…when will we start on real magic stuff?” I asked wanting to break the silence.
His eyes snapped opened and he gave me a wary look as if he was almost afraid that I would hop back into his lap.

“We’ll start as soon as I think you have a grasp of the magical world.”

“I have!!” I whined rather unattractively, “I want to start on the good stuff!”

“I highly doubt that you are ready.” he glared at me haughtily.

I gave him an offended look before I pushed myself into a standing position and stalked a few feet away from him. When I thought I had enough distance between the two of us, I turned around and skipped back to him with a smile plastered on my face. He looked at me like I had gone insane as I made my way back to him.

“Hi, my name is Allison Allington but I go by Ally. I’m new here, just transferred from America.” I smiled down at Professor Snape and held out my hand.

“Oh, what school did you go to?” Snape asked me without shaking my hand.
“Stella’s School of Magic, it was an all-girls school. Much smaller than this one.” I lied smoothly.

“Your parents?” he asked.

“Dead. I live with my aunt in uncle but they thought it would be a good opportunity for me to transfer here. You know, get some international experience.” I told him off handily.

“What do they do?” he narrowed his eyes, trying to stump me.

“Well… my uncle owns a pet store called Pete’s Pets and my aunt stays at home… baking cookies! They love me very much. At night we would sit around the fire place and read to each other. They both cried when I left but Uncle Pete gave me a beautiful owl telling me to write to him every day.” I smiled at my made up family. Ahh…what it would be like to have
family like that?

“You’re not going to say your Dumbledore’s daughter?” Snape asked confused.

“No, I thought it over and I don’t want any special treatment from my classmates. I know the professors already know but I’ll ask them to call me by my made up last name instead.” I shrugged.

I could just picture me being introduced to everyone. I would already be a big enough freak as a transfer student, I didn’t need to have Dumbledore’s last name to make everyone think I was going to get special treatment as the headmaster’s daughter. Not that I was ashamed of my new last name. No, I was rather proud of it but I just wanted to get through the year as gracefully as possible.

“Wait…” Snape said narrowing his eyes, “You said your aunt and uncle gave you an owl. Ally, you don’t own an owl.” He pointed out.

“I know!” I smiled.

“How are you going to explain that?” he asked suspiciously.

“It’s simple! You’re going to get me one!” I smiled cheekily before turning around and running off towards the castle, laughing like a maniac.

“Ally!” I head Snape yell angrily after me.

I turned around and saw that he was still sitting on the blanket glaring at me.

“Think of it as a welcoming gift to Ally Allington! Make sure it’s pretty one!” I yelled back before turning back around and running/skipping into the castle.
♠ ♠ ♠
I ended up updating even though I'm half way through a move! Luckily my new neighbors don't have protected WiFi so I can get on until the Internet guy shows up.

Whatcha think?