Sequel: Silence of a Love Bat

Cries of a Love Bat

If You Want To Have That Attitude

“Jesus Pete it’s freezing! How do you do this?” I breathed, the puff of air forming in front of my face. “Usually you’re all bitchy princess, and you’re dead. So doesn’t that make it a million times colder? No blood to warm your body up, well none that’s pulsing through your veins anyway” When I didn’t get a response I spun around. “Pete? Where’d you go?”

A hand quickly went up to my mouth with another hand on my hip. “No where,” breath tickled the back of my neck.

I pulled away and glared at Pete. “Don’t do that. It’s creepy.”

“You remember what I said?” he asked slowly, glancing behind me.

I snapped my fingers in front of his face, gaining back his attention. “The rules?”

“They’re not rules!”

“Fine! Guidelines,” I articulated.

He took a deep breath and shook his head. “Do you remember?”

“Yeah,” I sighed. “You can’t talk to Patrick. You can’t be in a fifteen-foot radius of the warehouse. You can’t do a lot of physical things…with me. You can’t drink your shake. You can’t fight the guys. You can’t tell me what’s really happening, that I have to figure out through trial and error. You can tell the Dandies what to do-”

“Emily. No I can’t,” he uttered gruffly.

“Okay, you can tell some of them what to do; limited authority over them or whatever you called it,” I said, looking over to the side to avoid his eyes. “And I get protection.”

“You say that like it’s a bad thing,” he whispered.

“It is a bad thing!” I exclaimed loudly, flailing my hands in the air for affect. “I’d give up protection from them any day just to get you back.” I tugged on his sweatshirt and leaned in closer to his body.

“You’ll be safe, that was the deal.” He wrapped his arms loosely around my waist. “I-Ryan?”

I turned around, Pete’s arms still enveloping me. “Ryan, you look horrible! What’s wrong?”

“Pete,” Ryan stated, ignoring me. “Will wants you back at the manor. He says it’s urgent.”

Pete tensed, but pulled his arms off me. “I have to go,” he directed towards me. I nodded my head, and watched him trail off to Ryan’s retreating figure. “I’ll see you later.”

“Bye,” I waved weakly as he walked into the shadows.

It was a while before I moved, and when I did I started on my way home. I almost didn’t want to go home, because I was tempted to go follow Pete. He did say I was allowed to go to the manor, if the occasion ever arose. I was about to turn around and try to find Pete’s new home when I heard my name being yelled.

“Joe?” I asked, hoping desperately that it wasn’t him.

“Emily!” he chocked, out of breath and panting. “Are you okay? What happened? You’re in so much trouble with Patrick! I’m so happy I found you!”

“Joe,” I murmured, lost in his words that seemed to slur together.

“I-Emily,” Joe almost shrieked. He lunged forward and grabbed at my shoulders. “Emily, you just got really pale all of a sudden, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing…I-I saw…” I stopped, confused.

“Emily,” Joe dragged out. He waved a hand in front of my face. “You home?”

I shook my head and realized what happened, the bright, white sheet that had covered my eyes and blocked my vision was a warning. “Yeah, just scared…can we go home?”

“Well, duh,” Joe laughed. “I didn’t come out looking for you, again might I add, so we could go out for tea!”

I bit my lip, struggling with I should tell him as we walked home, his slung around my waist just in case I blanked out again. “I was kidnapped.”

“Kidnapped? By who?”

“I don’t remember. Just, kidnap me back, I’m tired and hungry and in need of a shower.”

“Sure thing, Em. Kidnap you from your kidnappers that might kill me for coming close to you,” Joe exclaimed while rolling his eyes, “seeing as you escaped their force of confinement.”

“Well...Pete was kidnapped too! If you want to have that attitude,” I giggled.

“See that’s the problem: too much kidnapping going on.”

I smiled as we rounded the block of the street we took to get home. It was the last street on the edge of town that ended with a wired fence and a sign that said ‘No Trespassing!’ Not that I thought that would stop a vampire willing to kill us. “So how much trouble am I in exactly?”

“Oh,” Joe smirked. “You’ll probably cleaning the toilets for the next week or so.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I really like this chapter, but I have no idea why. I'm just really proud of it :)

Sweet Dreams and Sleep for:
shortygirl
EmilyWednesday

Without you, I wouldn't be updating! And oh.my.god. guys I got some subscribers back! I'm beaming and crying and smiling and really happy.

So, kidnapping…I thought it was necessary. I also tired to clear up a few things with Pete in his "Can and Can't" list that Emily ever so greatly ranted about. Any ideas for some good punishments?

Okay, you all need to go look at this! I'm really happy with how it came out, I think it's pretty awesome. What about you?