Sequel: Silence of a Love Bat

Cries of a Love Bat

We’re Connected Emily

I sat straight up, slightly aroused, fanning my face. My breathing was uneven and my whole body was hot.

That dream did not just play itself in my mind, it couldn’t have. I didn’t want it to. And the worst part was that I was enjoying it.

“PETE!” I yelled, running out of my room and down the stairs.

When I succeeded in making it down the stairs without falling I saw Pete passed out on the couch. He was smiling slightly, one hand pressed over himself.

I picked up a pillow from the opposite couch and was going to hit him when Andy walked in.

“What are you doing?” he asked, eating chips from a bag.

“Those are mine!” I cried out, looking at him helplessly.

“I didn’t know you liked vegan chips.”

“What? Ew! Pete doesn’t like when I savor food, he says it makes him feel sick. I’m not allowed to eat the good stuff. I only eat that because it tastes like crap and its payback.”

Andy shrugged and sat on the couch Pete wasn’t taking up. “Resume what you were doing.”

“Thank you,” I smiled, holding the pillow above my head before slamming it on Pete’s face.

His eyes shot open, and he was able to grab my wrists and sit me on top of him before I knew what he was doing. I tired moving but he was a vampire, no way in hell was I escaping.

“I think I’m in need of an explanation…” Pete said, his breath hot on my neck as he sat up so I was now sitting in his lap, my back to him.

“You were the one having that…that fucked up dream!” I stammered.

“Interesting choice of words,” he mused, rubbing a hand down my arm and sending chills down my spine.

“Let me go,” I squeaked, as his other hand squeezed my thigh.

“I liked that dream…”

“PATRICK! PATRICK! PETE’S GOING TO BITE ME!” I screamed, hoping Patrick could do something.

“PETE!” Patrick yelled, and I could hear him running up the basement stairs.

Pete let go of me, pushing me forward so I landed on the floor. I scowled at Pete and he stuck out his tongue.

“Wow, you two are weird,” Andy commented as Patrick stumbled in.

“What happened?” Patrick asked, a little out of breath.

“Pete was having a…a rated R dream!” I said, not wanting to admit what actually went on it.

“Like your dreams aren’t rated R,” Pete sighed, sitting back into the couch, running a hand through his hair.

“At least mine don’t have sex in them!” The second I realized what I blurted out I covered my mouth with my hands.

Patrick groaned, “Oh god, Pete really?”

“Hey she didn’t die, I think that’s a good thing,” Pete pointed out.

“Die?” Patrick asked, confused.

“Yeah in her nightmares, Will always gets us both and we die.”

“Each time it’s different though,” I added.

Patrick ran a hand down his face and said flatly, “Why didn’t you tell me you two were having nightmares?”

“Because you would freak out! And get worried over nothing,” I shrugged, sitting up and walking into the kitchen.

I pulled out the ingredients for the shake and Pete and Patrick walked in. Pete sat on a barstool and the island and Patrick joined him. It was quiet as I made the mixture.

“So…” I whispered after a couple minutes. “You all going out hunting tonight?” I finished the shake and slid it across the counter for Pete to take.

He pulled out the straw and drank it messily, opposed to the neat alternative I had in mind.

“Don’t even think about it,” Patrick stated.

“About what?” I asked.

“It’s been a week since Joe went hunting. Last time we went out he had to stay home to make sure you were okay and that you slept. And three days ago you pretended you were dying of a stomach virus so we wouldn’t go out,” Patrick explained. “You’re not fooling us this time.”

“I just don’t want you to get hurt,” I mumbled.

“Have some faith in us Emily,” Pete laughed.

“What if something happens? What if you get hurt Pete? I’d feel it, and guess what that would suck. And Patrick last time you and Andy came home disgusting! What if something worse happens?” I ranted, pacing the kitchen.

Pete stood in front of me and stopped my rant by holding my shoulders. He leaned in close to my face and whispered, “I know it would hurt you. That’s why I’m not going to get hurt, for you.”

“What if Will comes to the house?” I asked.

“Emily we’ve talked about this before,” Patrick sighed,

“He wants me not you,” Pete said. “And we’ll be home before four so you don’t have to worry that much.”

I nodded and pulled away from him, walking back up to my room. I slumped into my bed and pulled the covers over my head.

I couldn’t believe I was crying. It wasn’t dramatic like sobbing, it was just silent tears falling onto my cheeks.

My door opened and closed, and the covers were pulled off of me.

Pete stood over me and smiled, “Any room for me?”

I nodded and moved over to make room for him. He crawled under the covers with me and stared at me, not saying anything.

“You sure you cant stay home?” I asked.

“Yeah,” he nodded.

I leaned into him, and he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer.

“Will’s not going to get you. I wont let it happen.”

“But that’s the thing! He got me and you were here! What’s going to happen when you leave? He’ll send me to the club again.”

“Hey,” Pete cooed. He tugged at my hand and showed me the inside of my wrist. The love bat tattoo was filled in, a black solid shape. "I marked you. We’re connected Emily. I’ll know the second he steps into your mind again.”

I nodded into his chest and just laid there, vulnerable and scared in Pete’s arms.

“Stay with me until you go,” I asked, more than stated.

He wrapped his arms around me tighter, and our bodies were pressed together. I felt safe, and I didn’t want either of us to move.

I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew Pete was pulling himself away from me. He grabbed my wrist and kissed the bat, his cold lips just brushing my hot skin.

“I’ll be back by four Em,” he whispered in my ear.

He fixed the hair out of my face and tucked me back into the blankets before walking out silently.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow! Two chapters in one night! YAY!

a round of applause to:
shortygirl
WhatTomorrowsFriday

so what do you think? to much to soon? or should they just fuck each other already? It's your call…

and that was half an explantation on why she wanted to die in case you were wondering if Will really did take over her mind and that was her reason for death wishes

I have next chapter planned, and i'm not going to lie it's a boring idea so if you suggest a better one I'lll probably use it!