Status: I'm still putting in chapters but it looks good so far. :)

A Summer to Remember

Goodbye Iowa, Hello California

It was late on a Monday night after graduation day when Julia Stratford found out that she’d be spending her summer before she attended Harvard University in Boston, with her father, Nick’s ‘other’ family in Beverly Hills, CA. Her mother encouraged her to snatch this opportunity to spend some quality time with them.

“Julia! With that door shut, you better be packing for you father’s house, Missy.” Sarah hollered at her daughter from the kitchen.

“I don’t understand why I have to spend my summer with Dad. This is my only summer left until Harvard. I want to spend it right and not with the wicked chick of the West, and her mother.” Julia whined as she descended the staircase to chat with her mother.

“Oh quit whining, and Erica doesn’t seem that bad. Jules, you’re going because you haven’t seen your father since the divorce. Which, may I remind you, happened over a year ago?” Her mom sighed sadly.

“I know that, but what he did to us hurt, Mom. I don’t think that I can forgive him that easily, and neither should you. Not only did he cheat on you, he cheated on me as well, by caring for another person as if she was his own.” Tears threatened to fall as memories flooded back of her and her father; him teaching her how to ride a bike, how to paint, how to read, and how to walk, all one step at a time.

Her mother hugged and comforted her while she cried. Julia, after crying her eyes out, she agreed and packed her suitcase. She realized that she could have some fun in that large mansion of theirs. Maybe, they’ll be some hot guys.

On her way to the airport, Julia thinks of the possibilities that would be open to her because she’s Nick Stratford, the Actor’s, biological daughter. She smiled to herself and giggled. She tells herself not to let Erica’s valley-girl bully behavior bother her. Above all she just wants to have a fun-filled summer.

“I’m going to miss you sweetie. It’s going to be lonely all by myself.” Sarah told her as Julia got out of the car.

“Me too. I love you Mom. I’ll call you when I have some time.” Julia told her mother.

“Love you too Hun. Promise me you’ll have some fun?” Her mother smiled.

“I’ll try. Bye.” She whined as she shut the door and headed to the terminal.

It was a long 6 hour flight from DSM to LAX. Once she got to the airport she saw her father, Nick standing on a chair looking for her. Once he saw her he got down and raced to give her a hug.

“Julia Marie! You’ve gotten so tall. You’ve grown into such a beautiful young woman. I’ve missed you so much!” Nick rambled, boring his daughter to death.

“Uh m. Thanks, I guess. Dad, it’s only been a year. I didn’t change that much. Can we just go, because I’m being shoved by thousands of other people?” Julia explained to her father.

“Whatever you want kiddo.” He smiled at her like her did when she was a little girl.

The two drove through the heavy rush-hour traffic that L.A. Was know for. Once they got up in the hills and out of the smoggy haze, Julia started to spot giant beautiful mansions everywhere. The farther they went back, the more land was replaced with an oceanic view. Nick and Julia finally reached the biggest mansion of them all with the Pacific Ocean hiding behind it. There was a sky blue VW Beetle (obviously Erica’s) and a silver Mini Coup (Belinda’s).

“Wow. You could mistake this for a castle.” Julia’s said as she gaped at the modern palace that was placed before her.

Her father just chuckle at her as he grabbed her bags and led her inside the home. As she entered the home, the unmistakable sound of annoying barks echoed off the marble floors and walls.

“You have a dog. Yay!” She said sarcastically excited.

“It’s Erica’s. I wanted an Old English Sheep Dog, but no we had to get a Teacup Yorkie named Cupcake. If you ask me, I think it looks like a very white and hairy rat.” He laughed.

“Ha-ha. Hey Dad, if I may ask, where’s my room?” Julia said awkwardly uncomfortable.

“It’s upstairs, take a left at the Van Gogh, and then take a right after the Picasso. They have labels. Belinda took the pleasure of decorating it for you. You’re going to love it! It has it’s own bathroom. I hope you like Blue and Green. That’s the theme.”

“That’s very kind of her, and I do like those colors. Thanks Dad.” She was very surprised of what words that’d just escaped her mouth.

“No problem Jules. I miss our father daughter relationship, we used to have.” He sighed, regretting what mistakes he had made.

“Me too Dad. Is Erica here?” She was afraid of asking that.

“No, I think she’s going shopping with her friends at the mall, and Julia, don’t feel like you can’t ask for any money from me or Belinda. There’s enough to go around for everyone in this family.” He winked at her.

“Thanks Dad. I’m going to unpack.” She notified her father.

“No problem Julia.” He resumed to his work.

After going through the maze of hallways, Julia finally made it to her room. She shut the door behind her and sighed. The room was triple the size of her room back home, and her room at home was very big. It was just as she thought it would be. Amazing and luxurious. There was a large flat-screen T.V., a giant bed, a desk complete with a laptop and a lamp. She walked into the closet and found that it was the size of her room back home and was already stocked with awesome clothes. She was really starting to like Belinda. Julia thought to herself that this might work out.