Demon Chaser's Daughter

Dad's office

"You ready to go sweetheart?" I heard my dad ask me as he walked by my door.

"Yeah" I yelled grabbing my backpack and my study guide. I had an exam in Algebra today. I hate that class. I am going to fail. I am not good in math and I do not see why I need math. I don't even want to do anything with math. I ran downstairs, grabbed a soda from the fridge, and followed my dad out to his Jeep.

"Billy will love it when you walk into the office with a Mt. Dew right away in the morning."

"I can drink it before we get to the office." I said as I jumped into my dad's Jeep. I was a little on the short side so I often had to hop into my dad's vehicles.

"I am glad you are so worried about your teeth" My dad said as he started the Jeep. I smiled and focused on my study guide. I am so going to fail this exam. "You have a test today?" My dad asked as he slammed on his breaks for a red-light. He often drove on the fast side.

"Yeah, and I will warn you now, I am going to fail."

"Confidence Rayna." My dad said in a low tone looking at the blond chick sitting in a car to the side of us. I could tell she knew who he was because when she noticed him she got all excited, smiled and waved hysterically. I was waiting for her arm to fly off. Then I noticed she immediately got on her phone.

"I do have confidence dad" I said as we drove off. "I am confident that I am going to fail. Dad cop."

"Oh crap!" my dad said as he started slowing down then watched to make sure the cop didn't turn around with lights on.

"What would Zak Bagans do without his daughter? Get a lot more speeding tickets" I said out loud as I stared at a lot of guys running on the sidewalk in really small, tight shorts. The things you see in Vegas. My dad hit my arm. "Ouch" I said as I grabbed on to it "child abuse. I am totally calling social services on you."

"Stop staring at guys, especially ones that are too old for you."

"What can I say dad? I don't like girls and the guys my age are jerks. I like them in their 20's. I figure the closer they are in age to you, the more comfortable you will be as they date your teenage daughter."

"You do realize you are going to put your dad into an early grave if you keep talking like that right?" My dad asked as he parked the Jeep in the parking lot.

"Yes, all in my plan to take over your show. Think of the ratings when you are the one being investigated instead of being the investigator." I said as I threw my can of Mt. Dew in the garbage by the door.

"I'm going to tell Billy that you drank a whole can of Mt. Dew in 15 minutes." My dad said as he opened the door. I gave my dad a glare.

"And I am going to tell him that you made your daughter make nasty burgers that have been sitting in the freezer for months." My dad gave me a glare as I smiled and pushed the button for the elevator.

"Oh hey guys" I heard Nick say as my dad and I walked into the office. "your tutor called and said she will be a bit late." Thank god that means I have more time to stare at a jumble of letters and numbers. Whoever mixed letters and numbers and decided to call it math was a nutcase. I sat down at the table where my tutor sessions were.

"Hey short stuff" I heard Aaron say as he came up from behind me. "I heard someone has a math test today." I nodded and continued to stare at my paper pretending I was interested. "Oh she is studying so hard" Aaron said as he sat down by me. "But yet she hates math..."

"Aaron what do you want?" I said looking up at him, trying to look irritated. He smiled.

"Just to say I love you." He said. I crumpled up a piece of paper and threw it at his bald head, of course it bounced off. I heard Nick laugh a bit.

"Aaron get your ass over here and let my kid study" I heard my dad say as he set up a video camera to review from their last lock-down.

"Ray Ray" I heard Nick say as he was shaking my shoulder "Rayna wake up."

"What?" I said a little dazed and confused

"You fell asleep studying and your tutor was just buzzed in." I looked down at my study guide.

"And that is how you know Algebra is boring" I said looking up at Nick who let out a little smile.

"But you still gotta pass kid so good luck." He whispered to me as he kissed my head. I swear I am the only kid in the world who has 4 fathers and no mothers, well except for Nick's wife but I rarely see her. Then there is Diana, Billy's wife, who I see more often but she is more like an older sister.

My tutor came and I took the test. Surprisingly it went a little easier than I expected. Then I started learning about what Christopher Columbus really did when he came to America. Wow. He really was not the nice guy I was told about in Elementary school.

"Why do we celebrate someone like that every year?" I asked my tutor, who had just graduated from college. She laughed.

"Well because he reportedly discovered America, but don't let people fool you with that one." She went on to tell me more about Columbus and I took notes. This is one reason I love being home-schooled you don't have to learn what the textbooks and schools want you to learn.

"Oh my god!" I heard Aaron exclaim "Oh my god dude" I tended to ignore them when they got excited over something they found. My tutor and I were used to it and every now and then would take breaks and listen to what they caught or watch what they saw.

My tutor left at about 3 but the guys still had a few more hours of evidence to go through so I sat down on the couch to check my email. I noticed another email from a woman claiming to be my mother. I have been getting the same email from the same chick for weeks now. Who knows, she is probably my mom but I don't know how to tell my dad about it. Furthermore, I am not sure I want to talk to her or meet her. I mean, she didn't want me when I was born why would she want me now? I didn't delete the email but I didn't read it either. I just left them all as unread.

About 4:00 I put down my computer and went over to the guys. By this time Nick was on the phone with his wife and daughter, my dad was on the phone doing something, and Aaron was doing what Aaron does best and recording everything. Billy, of course, was the only one actually working. This is normally when you can tell that it is time to call it a day.

"Should we go home kiddo?" my dad asked as I started listening to an EVP. I held up my finger to motion him to stop talking, which he did. I listened to the EVP and then took the headphones off and backed away. That EVP is exactly why I don't do what my dad does.

"Rayna, what is it?" Billy asked me looking up. All of the guys were looking at me now. They could tell something was up. I shook my head and crossed my arms. Billy then listened to the EVP. "I see." He said as he unplugged the headphones and played it for everyone.

"Drop dead...Zak" we all heard the EVP say clear as day. Obviously it was a class A. I looked at my dad who was pacing around the room. Every once in awhile he would do a little shake.

"Come on Rayna lets go home. This is why I don't like you listening to this stuff." I went to go get my backpack together. They guys were talking to my dad but I couldn't tell what they were saying. All I knew is that I wished I never picked up those headphones. I hate hearing things like that. My dad and I said bye to everyone and walked out to the Jeep in silence.

"Ray" my dad finally said as we sat down "you have anything to say?" I shook my head and continued to look out my window. My dad sighed and started the Jeep. For a second I thought he was going to try to get me to talk but instead he just started to drive home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if my chapters get a little too long. I tend to write and then I have trouble stopping and other ideas pop into my head and I don't know how the "delete" button works. Let me know if they get too long though!