Status: So I am going to try rewriting some of the chapters, because I'm not really happy with them. Hope to begin posting again soon.

I Think You Could Do Much Better Than Me

Chapter Two:

Ryan

The sound of clicking keyboard keys echoed throughout the nearly silent room. I groaned while combing my night black hair with my long, pale fingers. The old desk chair creaked as I leaned back. I allowed myself to recline a bit in the maroon chair.

The essay I was writing was due in only the gods know when, but I knew it wasn't due anytime soon, yet I still sat in the old, creaky chair typing an essay.

I looked to the corner of my room desperately wanting to pick up one of my most prized possessions. My guitar. I loved writing songs, and pretty much anything excluding essays. I had written a few songs and had written the music to go with it.

I let the urge fade, knowing that my parents wouldn't allow me to slack off on my essay until it was completely completed. The clicking sound droned on longer while it mixed with the music that was pouring from the computer's speakers.

After sometime of typing that horrid essay, I finally typed the last word of it. I sighed in relief, feeling as if a heavy weight had been lifted from my shoulders. I pushed myself from the the seat of the chair and let my bones crack and pop from the hours of sitting in the uncomfortable chair. I made a mental note to get a new, cozy chair next time I went to a furniture store.

Minutes later, my stomach growled violently, so I decided on getting a Quesadilla from Taco Bell. I threw on a brown beanie and grabbed a hoodie the jogged downstairs. I walked past my dad who was in the living room on my way to the garage.

“Hey,” My father called after me, “where are you going?”

I picked up my keys from the key rack. “Out for something to eat.”

“Did you finish your assignments?” He raised an eyebrow at me.

“Yes sir,” I answered.

He looked convinced at that. “Well okay. Be safe.”

“Always am,” I called over my shoulder as I went into the garage.

I ran my hand lovingly down the sleek, silver, Mustang convertible that I called mine. Besides my guitar, this would have to be one of my other prized possessions.

I guess you could say my family was rich. My dad owned many different companies around the country. Our house was the size of mansion and sat back on a hill surrounded by many acres of land. We also had many expensive cars.

I stepped inside the car, buckled my seat belt, then revved the car out of the garage and down the driveway. I drove safely down the nearly empty streets. It was a little past 7 and the earlier traffic had died down.

I parked in a spot near close to the entrance when I arrived at the fast food place. Once inside, I placed my order and found an empty booth by the window. I gazed outside to the lights of of the different shops and outlets that were around. I looked at the building across the street that was owned by my dad. It was a medium sized, brick building that he was planning on expanding for a new company.

“Oi, Ryan!” A familiar called from across the room.

I tore my gaze from the window seeing that it was one person I talked to other than my parents. The brown haired boy openly invited himself to sit on the other side of the booth with me.

“What's up, Dayln?” I said as we bumped hands in our signature way.

He ease his hands back on the table, “Just decided to grab something to eat.”

“Ditto. I haven't eaten since lunch.” And to emphasize my hunger, my stomach roared loudly.

Dayln laughed. He was slightly shorter than me and had snake bites and a nose ring. His eyes were almond brown and his hair was a dark brown. He was never single and usually used his charm to get what he wanted.

“146,” I heard the lady behind the counter call. I stood and retrieved my food. Shorty after, Dayln's number was called as well. The two of us sat and chatted about various things while we ate.

I wiped my mouth with a napkin once I was done with my food and threw my remaining trash away. I sat back at the booth with Dayln seeing him staring down a short, long haired, blonde. He turned his eyes to me for a second saying that she was hot, then returned to eye raping the girl.

“Hey Ryan, can I borrow your language text book?” He asked once the blonde girl was out of sight. “I can't find mine and there's something important I need to get out of it.”

“Sure. When do you need it?”

Dayln stood from his place in the booth. “I'll get it tomorrow after school if that's okay.”

“Alright, I'll have it then.”

The blonde girl emerged from the restroom and Dayln's eyes instantly locked on her. I decided that I should leave, because I didn't want to be part of this awkward, silent staring. I stood from the booth.

“Bye, Day,” I said.

Dayln's eyes barely left the girl he was staring at, but he acknowledged by muttering, “See you later dude.”

I exited the fast food restaurant and drove back home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter yay c: