Status: So I am going to try rewriting some of the chapters, because I'm not really happy with them. Hope to begin posting again soon.

I Think You Could Do Much Better Than Me

Chapter Four:

After school, I drove home and went up to my room. My hands kept finding their way to the big knot on the back of my head. “Watch what the fuck you’re doing next time,” played in my head as my hands gently caressed the swollen part of my head.

The girl who hit me, whose name I assumed was Rose, was really rude to me, but somehow I wasn’t mad or upset with her. I was more upset with Dayln than anyone.

The things Dayln had said to her had really set her off. The scene of her punching Dayln in the face played in my mind. I wondered if the things he said were true. Something must have really hit home to make her react that way.

Later on that night, I decided to call Dayln and talk about some things I had on my mind. The phone rang a few times before Dayln picked up the phone.

“Hello?” He answered.

“Hey, Day, are you busy?” I asked.

I heard him shuffle around a moment. “I’m not busy. Is there something you want to talk about?”

“Uh…,” I trailed off, “I was just wondering if I could ask you some things.”

“Sure, shoot,” He replied.

“Well,” I started nervously, “you know the girl that hit me earlier..? I just want to know some stuff about her.”
I heard Dayln sigh on the other end of the phone. “Why do you want to know about that bitch? There’s nothing amazing about her. She’s just some rude bitch that goes to our school, that’s all.”
“I don’t know. She just seemed really pissed when you said those things about her doing drugs,” I commented.

“She was only pissed, because she knows it’s true. She’s been on drugs since freshman year, dude,” He said matter-of-factly.

“How do you know that?” I questioned.

He laughed some. “She hangs out with that James Smith guy that lives down the street from me. He’s like one of the biggest druggies I know.”

“That doesn’t mean she does drugs though,” I countered.

“Would it help to say that I’ve seen her do drugs? I’ve even smoked with her. She hangs out with James and whenever he throws a party, she goes to smoke and drink.”

I thought for a moment. “Well do you know her any other way? Other than seeing her at parties.”

Dayln chuckled. “I used to hang with Rose and she was cool. All of sudden she stopped talking to me like she usually did and she started hanging out with James more. I began to notice a difference in her. When I asked her what was going on with her and why she stopped talking to me, she told me that she had changed a lot and she thought we would be better off not being friends. And we haven’t really talked since then,” He finished.

“She really is on drugs then?” I half asked, half said.

“Yes, she is,” Dayln stated plainly.

After that conversation, Dayln and I talked a little while longer then said goodbyes. I laid back in bed and thought about the girl who had given me a huge goose egg on the back off my head. In a way, I felt sorry for her. Apparently something happened and she started using drugs. I wondered about her and who she really was. There was something about her that interested me and I was curious to find out what it was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so this chapter is really short and it sucks, but it gets better I guess. Please give it a chance. Comment? Subscribe? c: