Status: So I am going to try rewriting some of the chapters, because I'm not really happy with them. Hope to begin posting again soon.

I Think You Could Do Much Better Than Me

Chapter Six:

“Nice stain, dude,” Dayln commented.

“Shut up,” I mumbled.

“You know, Ryan, I thought you would be more careful about spilling things on yourself by now,” Dayln teased.

I rolled my eyes, “I didn’t spill anything on myself. Rose dumped her drink on me.”

Dayln’s eyes widened, “Whoa dude, what did you do to piss her off or when did you start hanging with her?”

I laughed, “I ran into her on the boardwalk when I was coming to meet you. She spilled her drink on me and then we talked for a while, that’s all.”

“That’s all?” Dayln arched an eyebrow, “You’re fucking with me, dude.”

“I swear I’m not.”

“Bullshit,” He stated.

“I’m being serious,” I frowned.

“I’m supposed to believe that was a coincidence?” He asked sarcastically and leaned against the railing of the boardwalk.

“Well yeah, because it was,” I fidgeted with the car keys in my pocket.

“Mhmm,” He hummed giving me a disbelieving look.

I laughed at how Dayln was acting, “You never believe me when I’m telling the truth.”

“Well maybe you should actually look like you’re telling the truth,” Dayln said walking off.

I followed Dayln to one of the carnival style games on the boardwalk. He paid the man behind the booth for a game and the man handed him three baseballs. I watched Dayln look at the design of the baseballs. He set two of them on the booth’s counter. “I don’t know,” Dayln said throwing one of the balls and missing the balls completely. He really sucked at carnival games. “It’s kind of weird how you and Rose just run into each other.”

“This is only the second time it’s happened,” I stated.

“Still,” Dayln said, “It’s fucking weird.” Dayln threw another ball, but this time it hit the bottles and knocked them back some.

“Well I admit it is kind of weird,” I said after thinking about it.

“How so?” Dayln asked as he prepared to throw the last baseball.

“Well this is my first time actually noticing her. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her around school before or around places. Something weird happened also,” I started, “I don’t know. We just looked into each other’s eyes and I felt some kind of connection.”

Dayln threw the last baseball and instead of hitting the bottles, he hit the man standing in the booth. The man yelped in pain and Dayln yelled out apologies and then ran off from the booth.

“Dude, you threw me off back there, “Dayln said when we had put some distance between us and the booth.

“I’m pretty sure that was your own fault, Day. You suck at those kinds of games anyway,” I laughed.

“Shut up,” Dayln mumbled, “I was talking about the connection thing between you and Rose anyway.”

“It’s probably nothing,” I said nonchalantly.

“If it was nothing, you wouldn’t have brought it up,” Dayln said in a matter-of-fact tone.

I shrugged, “Actually you were the one to bring up the whole thing.”

“Psht,” Dayln gave a chuckle, “Whatever, dude. You and Rose are like total opposites though.”

I cocked my head at Dayln. “Why are you making it sound like her and I are going to get together? I mean, I barely even know her. The first time I’ve actually had a conversation with her was tonight.”

“Don’t get your fucking panties in a wad, Ryan. Jesus Christ, I’m just saying,” Dayln defended.

“Okay, Dayln,” I laughed shaking my head at him.

Dayln groaned, “Dude, I’m fucking hungry. Let’s get something to eat.”

“Don’t tell me we are going to Taco Bell again,” I frowned. A shit eating grin spread on Dayln’s face. “Oh my fucking God, dude, are you serious?” I complained.

“Yes, I’m serious. Just shut your mouth and come on. I’ll pay for everything.”

I pouted as Dayln and I made our way back to the shore and passed all the vendors and booths along the way. The moon reflected off the water and it brightened the night even more. The stars were barely visible from the boardwalk. The lights on the boardwalk almost blinded out everything.

“Hey, isn’t that Rose over there?” Dayln asked interrupting me from my thoughts. I looked in the direction that Dayln was pointing in. Rose sat on the edge of the boardwalk where there was no railing. She swung her legs that were dangling from the boardwalk.

Before I had the chance to say anything, Dayln was already calling her name. I punched Dayln in the arm hard, which shut him up, but it wasn’t fast enough. Rose’s head turned in the direction of where Dayln and I stood. I blushed as her eyes set on us.

“Hey, it actually is Rose!” Dayln yelled with mock excitement, “Go over there and talk to her you charming little shit!” He shoved me off into her direction, “Feel those connections and then come meet me at Taco Bell.”

With that Dayln disappeared into the crowd of people. I was left there blushing and standing awkwardly on the boardwalk. I caught Rose looking at me. She blushed and looked away to the ocean. I heard her curse then saw her lean over the edge of the boardwalk to peer into the ocean.

I went over to Rose and sat next to her. “Hello again, Rose,” I said softly.

“Hi, Ryan,” She said still looking into the water and cursing.

“Is something wrong?” I asked.

“Well, um, I kind of like lost my shoe,” She lifted her legs and wiggled her toes on her foot that was missing a flip flop.

“Here take my shoes,” I took my Converse off.

“Are you serious?” She asked giving me a skeptical look.

“Yes,” I said handing her my shoes.

She smiled, “Thanks, but no thanks. I’m about to go home anyway.”

“Let me take you home then,” I offered generously.

“Uh, okay,” She agreed reluctantly.

I slipped on my shoes and stood up from the place I was sitting on the boardwalk. Rose stood up with her flip flop in her hand. I kneeled down giving Rose the ability to get on my back.

“What are you doing?” Rose laughed. Her sea colored eyes sparkled with amusement, “You look ridiculous.”

“Get on my back and I’ll carry you to my car. I don’t want you to get splinters in your feet,” I said glancing back at her.

“Well, that’s really considerate, but I don’t want to break your back,” She smirked.

“You’re not going to break my back,” I laughed, “Just come on.” She finally just went along with everything and hopped onto my back. I laughed at how light weight she was. “Dude, you weigh like 2 pounds.”

“More like 300,” she muttered as she wrapped her arms around my neck. I gave a light chuckle and held her thighs gently as I walked off the boardwalk. I carried her to where my car was parked and let her down from my back. I opened the car door for her and closed it once she had gotten in, then I got into the driver’s side.

“Your car is really nice,” Rose complimented as she looked around the car.

“Thanks,” I replied, backing out of the parking space I was in. A little way down the road I asked, “Um, do you want to go to Taco Bell with Dayln and I after you get some shoes? I mean if you don’t, I understand.”

“I would, but Dayln’s a bit of a cunt if you ask me, so I’d rather not go and get insulted,” she replied as she stared out of the window.

“Another time then without Dayln?” I questioned.

“Sure,” she said and I’m pretty sure I saw her mouth tug up in a smile. Rose gave me directions to her house and once we reached her home, I pulled into her driveway. “Thanks for taking me home,” Rose smiled warmly.

I smiled back, “It was no problem, honestly.”

I got out of the car and opened the car door for Rose. “Oh, thanks,” Rose said exiting the car. I walked her to her door and waited for her to unlock her door. She turned to me after getting the door unlocked. “You’re either just really formal or you’re just being really nice to me.”

“It isn’t a crime to be either, is it?” I shrugged.

She gave a weird look, “Why are you being so nice to me?”

I shrugged again, “There’s no harm in being nice.”

“I’m pretty sure Dayln has told you about me, so I don’t understand why you keep being nice to me,” She stated.

“Honestly,” I started, “None of the stuff he’s told me matters. You’re a person and you deserve to be treated nicely.” Rose frowned a bit at my response. “What?” I asked.

“I don’t know. I guess I just kind of expected you to treat me how everyone else does,” She said.

“Nah, I’m not like everyone else,” I laughed lightly.

“Well alright,” Rose smiled, “I really appreciate you taking me home. Thanks, Ryan.”

“You’re welcome. Have a good night Rose,” I said sweetly.

“Goodnight, Ryan,” Rose said going into her house and closing the door behind her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Updating a day earlier because I probably won't be home tomorrow. Hope you like it. c: Oh, and also would it help if I put the name of whoever's point of view the chapter is in above the chapter before that chapter starts?