"Baby, My Name's Alex."

"I tell myself that I can handle it."

"Alex..." I sighed. I was completely shocked. 
"You look surprised... Theres a word you're supposed to say." he whispered.
"No." I said.
"What? Why?" he looked in my eyes as his face fell.
"Because I haven't even known you for a year yet. We've just gotten back to normal Alex. I don't want to screw this up and rush into marriage. Plus we're only 24 and still young. And you have the band. You have the reputation to uphold. I don't want the fans to hate me for stealing you from them." I put my hand on his cheek as he looked away. 
"But I love you Liz."
"I love you too Alex. I never said I didn't love you. How about I change my answer to not yet?" I smiled to try to get him to smile. He wouldn't look at me. 

As he stared off into the distance all I could think of was when my mom left. She and my dad had been fighting for a few months before she left. I watched her say goodbye to my dad and she had done exactly what I had done to Alex. She held my dad's face and tried to get him to smile. Then when he refused to look at her, she left.

I got choked up and couldn't breathe. I didn't want to be like my mother. I couldn't put Alex though the pain my dad went through. I squeezed Alex's arm but I had no strength. I tried taking a deep breath but I felt myself falling and the last thing I saw was the sky.

---------------------
I opened my eyes. I was in some hospital,  but had no idea where. I looked around and saw Alex sitting in a chair next  with his feet on my bed sound asleep. 

What happened?

I moved a little but not much because my body was sore. I hit Alex's foot by accident and he woke up fast. He looked around then looked at me and smiled and sighed in relief. He moved his chair closer to my bed.

"if I knew asking you to marry me would put you in the hospital I never would've asked." he laughed a little as he tucked some of my hair behind my ear.
"what happened?" I tried to say but ended up whispering.
"The doctors think you had a severe anxiety attack." he said quietly. I nodded but my neck was sore.
"why am I sore?" 
"you've been laying in this bed for a few days." he told me. 
"I have? How bad was the panic attack?"
"pretty bad baby. I don't know if you have any control over them but please never scare me like this again. I thought I lost you." he looked terrified. 
"you can't get rid of me that easy Alexander. You should know that." I smiled a little.
"they almost gave up." he whispered after he smiled. "I don't know what I would've done without you."
"well sorry to tell you but you're stuck with me." I held his hand. He watched me slowly intertwine my fingers with his then he hugged me.
"I love you Elizabeth."
"I love you too Alexander."

A doctor walked in a few minutes later and looked very official. I had never told Alex that I hate doctors and hospitals. 

"Hello Ms. Thomsen. I'm Doctor Waldron and I've been handling you."
"Hi nice to meet you." I said nervously.
"I bet you want to know what happened. They way Alex described it to us was you were overwhelmed by him proposing and that triggered the attack. Your body locked up and caused you to fall. If you feel some pain right now, it's probably the minor bruising." he informed me.
"I feel all of it."
"that's actually somewhat good to hear. You also hit your head as you fell. That's what knocked you out for the past few days. We thought you had a concussion but with a few tests soon we'll know for sure. Do you remember anything?"
"yeah kind of." I said then sighed. I explained how I thought about how my mom left my dad and how that probably triggered it instead of Alex proposing. 
"Well Elizabeth, you have quite a guy here. He hasn't left this room since you came here." I looked at Alex and he blushed. 
"He might be a keeper." I smiled. The doctor said he'd be back soon then walked out. I looked at Alex.

"you didn't leave?" 
"no. I didn't want you to wake up and not see anyone here for you. And I wanted to make sure you were okay. I even left the bathroom door open when I had to go just in case." he kissed my head softly.

I took a deep breath in when he was kissing my head. I loved his cologne. I watched him sit down and hold my hand. I smiled at him and realized that he may of saved my life. And I loved him for it. I tried thinking of what would've happened if he had walked away like my mom walked away. I probably would have died. I think tried picturing my life without him. I couldn't. I wouldn't have a job, house, or the new friends I made. He was smiling at me the way I loved. It was his real genuine smile that only came out of hiding when I did or said something cute. He hadn't shaved and I didn't mind. I loved when he had some scruff. I took a deep breath.

"Yes." I whispered.
"What?" he raised his eyebrows. I loved when he was confused.
"I'll have to deal with the fans. And I don't care that I've known you a short amount of time. I love everything about you. And yes, Alexander. I will marry you."
"Seriously?" he said as he started smiling.
"yes." I nodded. His face lit up and he hugged me and kissed me softly.
"I'd spin you around but you can't get out of bed yet. But I guess I can kiss you." he smiled and kissed me a few times. 
"I love you Alexander." 
"I love when you call me Alexander."
"I know." I laughed. He kissed my head one more time. He sat in his chair and we watched tv and I fell asleep again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Little but more of Liz's past.

Feel free to comment!
Thank you to the 119 readers :) it means so much!

Love & rockets,
Liz