"Baby, My Name's Alex."

"You drank the poison and I let you in."

He cried when I left. 

I felt really bad but we tried all of this way too fast. We wanted to be in love so bad that we let ourselves fall for the closest thing to it.

I knocked on Taylor's door holding some of my stuff. I hadn't called her to tell her I was coming or to tell her what happened. I hoped she would understand and not be busy. She opened the door and dropped her jaw.

"OH MY GOD!!! I MISSED YOU!" she hugged me. "I can't believe you're here! Is Alex with you? Or jack? Or anyone?"
"uhm... No." I shook my head no slowly and teared up. She pulled me into another hug and led me inside. Her apartment was exactly the same.

The flat screen tv was in the same corner next to the window with the same massive sectional couch facing it. I put my stuff down next to the couch and followed her to the kitchen that also hadn't changed. It was comfortable and safe knowing that Taylor hadn't changed at all.

"what happened and who's ass do I have to kick?" she said as she handed me water.
"Alex, Lisa, and mine. I was stupid to think that Alex was really over her." I admitted and took a sip of water. Then I told her everything that happened. 

She gave me her opinion of the whole situation. She said she was on my side but I shouldn't have run away from my problem. Then she asked where I was staying.

"Yeah about that... I sold my apartment when I left. So I'll probably find a hotel."
"No no no you can stay here." she said and hugged me. It was really late so I brought my stuff to the guest room. We said goodnight then went to our rooms. 

I looked at my phone. 13 missed calls and 27 text messages. Alex had called me 10 times, then one each for Jack, Rian, and Zack. The text messages were mostly Jack and Alex but the other guys had their fair share. All the texts from Jack, Rian and Zack all asked where I was and why I left. Alex's messages all said how much he missed me, if I had gotten home okay, that he loved me, that he was sorry and that he wanted me to come back soon.

As I read the last message, jack called me. I went out to Taylor's balcony and answered.

"hello?"
"Liz! You finally answered! Are you okay? What happened? Where are you?"
"I'm fine. I left. I'm in Boston."
"holy shit..." he stopped. "I never thought you'd actually leave."
"yeah me either." I said out loud surprising myself. 
"are you gonna come back?" I heard some rustling in the background and figured the guys were with him.
"I don't know. I need time to think."
"that's fair. We all miss you Liz." he sounded sad... like actual sad. I had only seen Jack pretend to be sad.
"I miss you too." I smiled at the thought of all the guys huddled around the phone listening to what I said. "Tell the guys I love them."
"I will." I heard someone say love you too in the background. I laughed a little.
"I knew it. Jack take me off speakerphone." 
"okay." he did.
"I want to come back. I really do but I can't be near Alex right now. I need some time away."
"I get that. Come back soon. We're leaving for the next tour soon."
"I know that. It's my job to know."
"riiiight. Love you lizard."
"love you too jackakat." I hung up and went to my room and fell asleep crying.

-------------------
I had been back in Boston for two months. I had been paying rent to Taylor and cleaning her apartment as much as possible. I had kept in touch with all the guys except Alex. He texted me every now and then. I never answered. Jack had visited me once and him and Taylor got along perfectly. 

When he came to visit, he told me Alex was lost without me. I told myself it was bullshit. I told Jack exactly how I felt about Alex. I left out one detail. Seeing all the pictures of the guys on stage and the videos Flyzik sent me... I started missing Alex. I mostly missed his smile and his arms around me. 

They were on tour. Flyzik had been keeping me updated on where they were and how the shows were. They were coming to Boston next week. 

"Taylor? What are you doing next Friday?"
"you're about to tell me my plans." 
"wanna see Jack and the guys?"
"definitely!"she yelled. She walked into the kitchen where I was sitting. "you want to see Alex don't you?" she smiled.
"not at all. I want to see Jack. And Rian. And Zack. And-"
"Alex?" she interrupted me.
"Taylor. Pinky promise you won't say anything?" I sighed and linked pinkies with her. "I don't know why but I've missed him so much. All the videos Flyzik sent me made me miss him. And I kept having dreams about him. We need to go to that show. But do not say a word to Jack or anyone."
"you're so cute. And I won't say anything." 
-------------------
It was already Friday. Taylor and I were in the cab on the way to where the guys were playing. I was so nervous. We got out of the cab and used the passes that Jack dropped off to get backstage before the show. They kept me hidden when Alex came into the room. I heard him talk and got weak knees.

"when do we go to the meet and greet? And who's the girl?" he asked Jack.
"In like ten minutes. This is my friend Taylor." 
"Hey I'm Alex, nice to meet you." 
"Hi Alex. Nice to meet you too. I've heard a lot about you."
"All good things I hope." he laughed and I smiled.
"yeah. Liz never stops talking about you." I dropped my jaw. What the hell is wrong with her!
"You know Liz?" 
"yeah we're good friends. I was there the night you guys met."
"is she here?"
"No she had work..." Jack lied. Alex mumbled something and walked out. I waited a minute then came out of hiding.
"Are you insane?!" I yelled.
"No! I panicked." she admitted. I sighed.

"Liz, go see him. It'll cheer him up." Jack said.
"Should I? I mean... Well..." I stammered and got weak knees again. I took a deep breath and walked out the door to the room where Alex was.

I got into the hall wand walked by the crew and was about to knock on the door when Alex opened it. I looked at him, then the ground, then him.

"Hi..." I said.
"Holy shit." he said. We stared at each other for a few seconds then he pulled me to him and closed the door. He pressed his lips against mine and I wrapped my arms around him.

I felt safe.
♠ ♠ ♠
Are you happy or sad that Liz went back for him?

Love & rockets