"Baby, My Name's Alex."

"Isn't that just how we operate?"

She let me kiss her and as she wrapped her arms around me. I had missed her more than she'd ever understand. I hated having to do it, but I pulled away.

"Jack and Taylor said you weren't here..."
"I know. I was there though. I was behind the couch." she didn't look in my eyes.  I tried to think of a reason why.
"well you're here now, right?" I smiled and she looked up at me with her sparkling blue eyes and smiled back.
"we'll talk after the show." she whispered and kissed me softly. I nodded and couldn't stop smiling. I was hesitant to let go of her because it felt like a dream.

I walked to the stage and played the set list. Danny told me to do Remembering Sunday because they found someone to sing the girl part. I started playing and looked around when it got close to that part. Suddenly I heard a voice singing back to me.

"I'm not coming back. I've done something so terrible, I'm terrified to speak but you'd expect that from me. I'm mixed up, I'll be blunt. Now the rain is just washing you out of my hair, and out of my mind. I'm keeping an eye on the world, from so many thousands of feet off the ground. I'm over you now, I'm at home in the the clouds, towering over your head." Liz sang. I smiled huge and sang along with her as I played. Her voice hit every note that Juliette Simms had recorded perfectly. 

We finished the song by singing the end together. I hugged her after and told the crowd to cheer for her. They went nuts. She walked off stage and we finished the show. I looked for her as soon as I got off stage. 

"Alexander." her sweet voice called. I walked to her and held her face in my hands and kissed her. She placed her hands gently on my hips and I instantly felt her warmth. 
"you were amazing Liz." 
"thank you." she took my hand and walked me out back where we were alone. It was unseasonably warm for this time of year in Boston.

"So do you really need to talk or can we just kiss some more?" I smirked.
"we need to talk this out." she tried not to smile.
"okay. Go ahead."
"I missed you. I really did. Flyzik sent me pictures and videos of you guys and I really wished I stayed. And the way you looked at me when I came out on stage was adorable."
"I missed you too Liz. I missed talking to you and holding you. I missed our musical connection." I smiled. "and I had a dream that you would come out on stage like that about a week ago."
"I know." she nodded. "Danny told me. That's one of the reasons I came. And I wouldn't miss a chance of hearing you sing to me." she smiled and held my hands.
"you're always one step ahead." I leaned towards her and kissed her again. She held onto the back of my neck as I pulled her hips to mine.

"so you guys are together again?" Jack said holding Taylor's hand.
"really dude? You're such a cock block." I sighed.
"Well Taylor and I are going out with the guys and hopefully she's staying with me. You guys coming?" he asked. I opened my mouth to answer.
"no we need to talk more." Liz interrupted me. "We'll be at the apartment." I smiled at her and watched Taylor and Jack walk away.
"What do we need to talk about?" I asked.
"You'll see." she smirked and kissed me softly. 
"wanna walk or get a cab?" I whispered.
"we can walk. I live down the street now." she took my hand and started walking.

--------------------------------
She opened the door to her and Taylor's apartment. It was gorgeous. She closed the door and put her purse on the couch and hung her keys on the wall and kicked off her shoes.

"thirsty?" she smiled as she walked by me to go to the kitchen. 
"sure." I followed her and checked her out. She looked  very... healthy to say the least. She poured two glasses of red wine. We clinked glasses as she said cheers. I walked back to the living room and sat on the couch. She followed and sat next to me. I put my arm around her. It felt so right.

"how's Lisa?" she asked.
"no idea. Haven't seen her since that party." I answered honestly.
"really?" she sounded surprised.
"yep. You don't have a new boyfriend do you?" I teased. 
"no I don't. I'm single and ready to mingle." she said and put her empty glass on the table. I did the same with my empty glass and laid down. She laid on me. I rubbed her back. We sat in silence for a few moments, but it was comfortable. 

"what else do we need to talk about?" I asked.
"well... We could talk, or we could do something else if you feel up to it rock star." she said as she sat up and smirked.
"whats that?" I returned the smirk and she leaned down and pressed her lips against mine.

I slid my tongue between her lips and felt her smile. I sat up and held her to me. She held my face in one hand, the back of my head in the other. I pulled her hips as close to me as they could be. I stood up still holding her and walked to her room. I found the bed and laid her down on it.

"Alex wait." she whispered.
"what's wrong?" 
"we shouldn't go any further. We've both been drinking and I want us to both agree on when we do this."
"Liz you're making it sound like its your first time." I laughed a little.
"I take it seriously Alexander." she sat up and slid away from me.
"I'm taking it seriously too, Liz. Let's go back to the couch and watch tv."
"fine." she mumbled as she got up and walked away. 

I followed her and sat with her. I lifted my arm and put it around her shoulders. I was relieved when she didn't move away. We watched tv for a few hours. Liz put her head on my shoulder and fell asleep. I laid down and held her to me and grabbed a blanket and pulled it over us. I wrapped my arms around her tightly."

"I'm never letting go of you baby." I whispered and kissed her head and fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)

Love & rockets