Old Memories

Old Memories

As the chromatic season of autumn begins, I imagine a perfect day with my family, friends, and beauty. I sit in the living room on our old blue couch at my old white house with old, kind friends and old ridiculous jokes. Its perfect in every sense: the laughter and life, the silly chuckling of my father, and the barks of my dog, Bosley. I look outside seeing dark storm clouds rolling in like a tsunami. Something inside me erupts: a passion for storms, the lightning, thunder, and rain; I have always adored it. I spring up, grabbing my costly camera, and rush outside. The air outside is brisk, and the powerful winds shuffle the shriveled brown leaves on the grassy, leaf-covered ground. A smile dances across my face as I find the perfect place to take pictures: the small pine forest with a tall climbing tree. I jog through the desnse pine forest; the scratches along my arm from the evergreens are like getting clawed by a cat. Once I arrive at the bottom of the tree, I put the camera strap around my neck. I grip a low branch, feeling the rough sticky texture, and I pull myself up, smelling the sap, pine needles, and even the odors coming from the charcoal grill back at the house. Once I am high enough, I take a long, deep look at what is around me. Beyond this pine forest lies woods full of tall trees with crimson, tangerine, and sunshine colored leaves. The wind whisks away some leaves, and some are strong enough to hold on. As I look to the horizon, I see a flash of brilliance followed many seconds later by a thunderous roar. I feel a drop of water right on my head, then on my arm, and suddenly rain is everywhere. As I feel my clothes getting wetter and sticking to my skin, I take some well-focused pictures and climb down the tree. Running back inside, I hear see more hook up my camera to the television, and show everyone in the room my pictures. The rest of the evening was spent talking about pictures I had previously taken a year ago: old memories from my old white house, with old kind freinds and their silly old jokes.