Status: For a contest.

Never Forget.

Placing a smile at the perfect event

Funny stuff happens to people after high school. People change a lot. You grow up and realize the stuff that used to mean the world to you when you were a teenager doesn’t mean shit to you when you’re twenty.

You also don’t keep in contact with all those people you say you will. When you sign a person’s yearbook keep in contact. Do you really plan on keeping in contact with any of those people?

The last conversation John and Britain had was there last day of senior year when they were seventeen. John signed Britain yearbook with his phone number and said that they have to hang out over the summer.


[&]

“Are you ready for the party?” Olivia asked walking into Britain bedroom.

“Yeah I’m ready. Whose party is this anyway?” Britain asked grabbing her coat off the bed.

“It’s Tessa and her boyfriend’s party.” She said grabbing Britain hand and pulling her down the hallway.

“Have you even met Tessa boyfriend before?” Britain asked as they walked towards the front door. “Yeah me and Brex went on a double date with them one night.”

“Speaking of Brex, why isn’t he going to the party with you instead of me?” Britain asked because she honestly didn’t want to go to the party. She would much rather stay home. Britain was never considered a social butterfly by any means.

“He has a family dinner.” Olivia said getting into the car.

“Why didn’t you go with him?” Britain asked getting in the car as well.

“Because I didn’t have to, and I much rather go to this party.” She said starting the car.

They arrived at the packed house and saw about ten people hanging out on the front lawn with drinks in hand.

As they walked through the front door they found an every crowded house. “I’m gonna go look for Tessa. You should go make yourself a drink in the kitchen.” Olivia said into Britain’s ear.

“Okay sounds good to me.”

Britain snaked her way through the crowd and made her way into the kitchen to find a familiar face grabbing a beer from the fridge.

“Halvo?” She asked not sure if it was him or not. “Who’s asking?” He said before turning to find Britain.

“No fucking way Britain Laurence.” He said shocked.

“Hey Halvo.” She laughed at his reaction to seeing her.

“Why is this the first time I’ve seen you since high school?” He asked opening up his beer.

“It could be because I moved to California and went to USC.” She said leaning against the counter.

“You were always smart I can’t say I’m shocked you went to USC.” He smiled.

“What have you been up to since high school?” He asked her.

“Um I’m in a band now.” He said grabbing her a beer out of the fridge. “Is your band successful?” She asked grabbing the beer as he hand it to her. “You could say that.”

“So is that a yes or no?” She asked smiling.

“I wouldn’t call myself a rock star by any means, but I make enough money where I don’t have to have a job.”

“That’s really awesome.” She said running her fingers through her blonde hair.

“Do you and all your friends still hang out at 8123?” She asked before taking a drink of her beer.

“We try to whenever we’re all home from tour.”

“Wait are you in a band with John and Jared?” She asked

“Oh my god did DigiDino actually go somewhere?” She asked before giving him a chance to answer the first question.

“Calm down.” He laughed a little. “No I’m not in a band with John and Jared. DigiDino went no where, but John and Jared are also in a band.” He laughed.

“Oh okay. So when all you guys decide that you were going to be in bands?” She asked before taking a drink of her beer.

“I don’t know it just kinda happened.” He smiled.

“Here put your number in my phone.” Halvo said handing her his phone. “The next 8123 party you have to go to it for old time’s sake.” He smiled.

“Okay sounds like fun. Halvo put your number in my phone too.” She said pulling her phone out of her pocket and handing it to him. “If you don’t mind I need to go outside and get some fresh air.” She said taking the last drink of her beer.

“No be my guest.” He said giving her a goofy smile.

She walked outside where there were about five people talking in a circle. She smiled as she reached into her purse and pulled out her pack of cigarettes. She put one in her mouth and lit it inhaling the sweet cancerous smoke into her lungs. She sat down on the porch staring at the starry Arizona sky. She felt completely calm as she took another hit of her favorite poison.

“I never took you as a smoker.” She heard a familiar raspy voice say behind her of the boy who stole her heart in high school. The funny thing was he didn’t know that he stole her heart. She rolled her eyes before turning around to see the face that matched the voice.

“That’s funny I never took you to be a rock star.” She said as he laughed at her choice of words.

“How have you been Britain?” He asked sitting down next to her on the porch.

“I’ve been fine. I’ve graduated college and all that shit.” She said before inhaled a hit of her cigarette.

“Didn’t you end up going to USC?” He asked putting his hand out for her to pass the cigarette his way.

“Yeah I sure did.” She said passing the cancer stick to him.

“So what do you do in your band with Jared?” She asked smiling. “I’m the singer and I play the guitar some times.” As he said that Britain couldn’t help but stare at how attractive he was. “I didn’t know you could sing.” She said as he took a hit. “I didn’t either till I got drunk one night and Tim heard me sing.” He laughed lightly handing her back her cigarette.

“So Britain when did you move back home?” He asked admiring how pretty she was with out even trying, unlike all the other girls at the party. “I’ve been home a little over a month.”

“You know we should hang out sometime.” He said giving her a smile that still made her go weak in the knees. “We should, but do you really mean it this time?” She said laughing a little bit as she stepped on her cigarette. “What do you mean?” He asked unsure of what she was talking about.

“I mean you signed my yearbook we have to hang out, and we never did.”

“Well I mean it for sure this time. You won’t make a liar out of me twice.”

“Okay I’m putting my trust in you O’Callaghan.” She said gnawing on her bottom lip.

“You were always the only person back in high school that could call my O’Callaghan back in high school and it didn’t piss me off to no end.” He said shoving his hand in his pocket giving her another smirk. She couldn’t believe that the boy was giving her butterflies without even trying.

“Well I’m glad to hear I didn’t piss you off to no end.”

“You should be.”

“So should we exchange phone numbers?” She asked pulling her phone out of her front pocket.

“Yeah we should.” He said pulling his phone out of his pocket as well.

“How about I text you this week and we do something?” He said licking his chapped lips quickly. “Sounds perfect to me.”

“So Britain are you single?” He asked out of nowhere. “Yeah I am John.”

“I’m glad to her that.”

There was something about John that was special to her. It could be because he was the first guy she ever really liked. Thinking back she was really unsure on why John and her never dated. It had been obvious to everyone that they both liked each other. They even went to prom together, and nothing happened. Through out college Britain always thought about John and wonder how he was doing.

“Are you single?” She asked not really sure if he was or not.

“Yeah. Yeah I am.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah this is either going to be a 2 shot or 3 shot.