Status: For a contest.

Never Forget.

Gracing your skin with the side of my hand

“Can you please wake up?” Olivia said shaking Britain. She rolled over moving away from Olivia and grunting.

“No I don’t want to.” She mumbled covering her head with her blanket.

“You got to get up.”

“I don’t want to get up.” She said as her phone vibrated.

She grabbed her phone off her nightstand and smiled as she read a text from John. He asked her if she wanted to go to lunch. She quickly responded “yes” and crawled out of bed.

“Who the hell texted you that got you to get out of bed that quickly?” Olivia asked annoyed leaning against the wall.

She simply said “John.”

“John as in John O’Callaghan?”

“You sound so shocked.” Britain laughed as she walked over to her closet and grabbed a shirt and shorts.

“I haven’t heard you mention JohnO in years.”

“Well I’m going out to lunch with him.”

“Do you still like him?”

“I haven’t seen the kid since I was eighteen.” She said making Olivia sound like she was crazy.

“You so still like him.” Olivia smiled.

“Shut up.” She said slipping into her shorts.

“Just admit you still like him.”

“Fine I still like him. The little time I spent with him yesterday made me realize how much I miss hanging out with him, and how funny he is.” She said pulling her shirt.

“Also how cute and charming he is.”

She rolled her eyes. “You don’t need me to say that.”

Britain quickly slipped on her shoes and walked out the door towards her car. She started her car and started to drive. John and her decided to meet at the old Starbucks they used to go to back in high school before school. She pulled up right in front of Starbucks to find John sitting outside with two drinks.

“I hope you still drink caramel frappuccinos.” He said smiling as she sat down.

“I still do.” She couldn’t help but smile at the fact that he remembered what she always got.

“That’s good because I was really nervous when I ordered this.” He laughed a little.

“Do you still just get iced coffee?” She asked before taking a drink.

“Yep I need any energy I can get.” He smiled. “So what’s it like being back in Arizona?” John asked taking a drink of his coffee.

“It’s nice. I can tell you one thing I didn’t miss this dry heat.”

“The weather is beautiful here.” He laughed.

“John you tour probably all the time, how often are you home to deal with the heat?”

“Often enough where I still have to deal with the heat like everyone else.”

“Arizona will always hold your heart, wont it?” She asked already really knowing the answer. As long as she had known John he talked about seeing the world then coming home to Arizona.

“It truly will. Everything about Arizona is perfect to me.”

“You’re really living your dream aren’t you?”

“I really am.”

“So O’Callaghan what would you like to do today?” She asked standing up.

“Well Laurence why don’t we go hang out at Tempe Beach Park like used to?” He said standing up and smiling.

“Don’t call me Laurence.” She said shoving his shoulder lightly before walking towards her car. John followed walking right behind her.

“Yes Ma’am.”

“You are literally the same JohnO from high school.”

“And you’re still the same Britain from high school.”

“John how did you get here?” She asked unlocking her car.

“I had Jared drop me off.” He said embarrassed looking at the ground. He made the decision to have Jared drop him off so if him and Britain did anything after coffee they wouldn’t have to leave a car behind.

“I see.” She said getting in her car. “Get in the JohnO.” She laughed before starting her car.

They parked on the sidewalk in front of the park and got out the car. They walked in silence for a minute both just looking around at everything around them. “Britain can I hold your hand?” He asked as the continued to walk.

“Of course.” She said as he slowly laced his fingers with hers.

“Britain I have to say one thing I regret from high school is not telling you how much I liked you.” He said feeling awkward about admitting to her for the first time that he liked her.

“You liked me high school?” She asked acting like it was news to her.

“Yeah I had a huge crush on you.”

“I had a huge crush on you too.” She felt relieved being able to admit how she felt.

“I still like you too.”

“John are you sure you still like me?” She said running her free hand through her hair. “I mean you haven’t seen me since we graduated high.”

“I’m positive. Do you not like me anymore?” He felt a sense of reject all the sudden.

“I still like you; I just want to make sure you still like me.” She said as he stopped and slightly turned her towards him. He gazed into her grey eyes trying to judge if she want to kiss him as much as he wanted to kiss her.

“John are you going to kiss me?” She asked as they both moved closer to each other.

“Only if you want me too.” He said only inches away from her lips. She didn’t say anything; she simply placed her lips on his. Their lips slowly moved in sync enjoying the moment. It was an innocent nothing to heated. They both pulled away smiling staring into each others eyes.

“That was really nice.” She said as she cheeks turned a light shade of pink.

“There’s something special about finally getting the girl that was pretty much your first crush.” He smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
It ended up only being a 2 shot not a 3 shot.
So the chapter title lyrics for both chapters are from Panic! At The Disco's Trade Mistakes.
*I'm not sure what I think about this.