Status: Finished

The Introvert's Party Scene

1/1

The room became fuzzy as I looked at the other people and their heat filled, intoxicated bodies swaying rhythmically to the beat of some over-produced, auto tuned, pop song. I tried to step into the shoes of someone having the time of their life on that dance floor that was really just the living room floor of someones house this was with the furniture moved.. I tried to possibly feel what they are feeling. They looked so happy, so erratic, so spontaneous. I could hear breaths being taken in unison, but maybe that was just my imagination.

I felt my own sweat on my own brow and heard the screams coming from the dancing people and then it hit me. I don't belong here. This isn't where people like me should be. I need to leave. I looked at my friend Travis, his eyes were glassy like most of the population in the room. I watched him intently. His hips were swaying quick and sharp like the beat I heard pulsating in the room and he had his arms draped around some girl he probably didn't even know. He looked happy. I like it when people are happy. Still, something looked wrong with him. That's the thing about Travis, he masks things extremely well. I guess that's why we're such good friends, I tend to also mask my problems.

I looked around frantically for a way out. I didn't want to come to this anyway. Whatever this thing is called, a party, a shin-dig, whatever. I didn't even want to come. I couldn't find the door so I eventually found a bathroom. I looked into my reflection, I wanted to stab it twelve times. How could I be so foolish and naive for coming here? I should have went with my gut instinct. Too late now.

I looked back up to my reflection and I saw that my eyes were blood-shot, and my shaggy, curly hair was a mess of knots and tangles. My pupils were also dilated almost so huge that you couldn't see the intensely blue iris of my eyes. This is what shin-digs do to you.

I suddenly felt an odd calmness come over me. I knew I would be fine. Now if only I can get home safely. Travis was my ride, and he would say here. He's fine, he can take care of himself. Besides, walking is good for the soul. I left the bathroom and made a break for the door. I remembered where it was and I felt the cool night air hit me. It felt nice. I looked up and the stars looked even brighter than they were before. I felt like things were looking up for me, but I usually think positively.

I began my walk to my house. It was only three miles but I could do it. If walking is good for the soul then by the end of the time I get to my house I better be pretty holy. I felt a chill in the air as Autumn turned to Winter. The trees were starting to become bare and soon the snow would start falling. A cold death would take over my world. That too had beauty. Everything has beauty, you just need to be able to find it.

I kept on walking to my house as the moon seemed to follow me. I used to talk to the moon when I was little. I still catch myself talking to it on a slight occasion. Oh well. We all have our odd little issues. We are all different and unique and it's up to you to find your individuality. If you think about, it would you rather be a carbon copy of someone before you or would you rather be a individual? I personally, would rather be an individual.

As I got closer to my house, I realized many things tonight. One, people make mistakes. Two, you should always go with your gut instinct. Three, loud music can give you a headache. Four, keep calm and carry on. Four, high school shin-digs aren't for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote this for English.
I got a 100% on it.
Thanks for reading.