Status: One shot;;

Lucky Now

Beautiful Sorta

“Garrett, dude, are you sure you’re ready to commit to this?” John asked grabbing my shoulders and shaking me.
“John, yes, I am. I’ve been with Kat for nearly 4 years. I think it’s time to commit to the real deal.” I said. John shrugged.
“Well, then if you’re positive you want to spend the rest of your life with this woman then go right ahead.” He said.
“John, what’s wrong?” I asked.
“Nothing, nothing is wrong. You know I love you and Kat…I just think, well you guys are still young, you know. I just don’t want things to get bad because I’ve known Kat since she was a little baby. I just…I’m like a big brother to her. You do know what I’m getting at, right?” John asked.
“Of course, John and I understand. If you think I would hurt her in anyway then there is something wrong. I could never and would never hurt her. I love that smile on her face and her gorgeous eyes. All I want to do is see them shine with happiness.” I said. John hugged me then nodded toward the door.
“Wait, let me see it.” He said. I pulled the velvet box out of my pocket and then lifted the lid. John gasped.
“It’s beautiful, Garrett. Kat is going to love it.” He said hugging me again. I laughed then said goodbye to him and went to find my future fiancé. I walked through the dining room and found her sitting on the couch in the living room as she was talking to Pat and Kennedy. They all knew what was going to happen and they all supported it. I walked over in front of her and put my hand out for her to take. She gave me a weird look but took my hand anyways. I pulled her up and said goodbye to the others. I heard the shout their goodbyes. I looked back at Kat and she looked confused as ever. I stopped right where I was and turned to look at her.
“Garrett, w-where are we going?” She asked.
“Places. You’ll see.” I said kissing her cheek then continued to walk. We walked until we came to a park. No one was there considering it was nine o’clock at night on a school night. We sat on the slide and just looked up at the stars. My arms wrapped around her body as she leaned against my chest. It was beautiful, she was beautiful.
“Kat, babe.” I said.
“Yes hun.” She said looking at me. I kissed her forehead before pushing her lightly to make her get up. She stood up and I did as well.
“You remember the first time we met?” I asked. She laughed softly as she nodded.
“We met right here about…what would say, 10 or so years ago. We were only eleven years old but I knew that I…we’re going to be something. I knew that we would end up being together. It took us awhile but we finally did and I’ve had the best 4 years of my life. I could not ask for a better life then what I have with you. I love you so much.” I paused.
“But…” She said. I looked up at her and it looked like she was going to cry. I kissed her cheek and her tears fell. She covered her face with her hands. I pulled them away and lifted her chin so she could look at me.
“I love you, Kathryne Renee Taylor. I will never stop loving you.” I said.
“A-a-are you b-b-breaking up-p-p with m-m-me?” She asked. My eyes widened.
“No, never.” I said getting on one knee and pulling the velvet box out of my pocket.
“Kathryne Taylor, will you do the honors as to be my wife forever?” I asked. My palms were surely going to drop the ring box from how much they were sweating.
“Yes.” She screamed. I slide the ring on her finger and she threw her arms around me and kept saying yes. I pulled away and kissed her.
“I love you, Garrett. I can’t wait to be Mrs. Garrett Nickelsen.” She said kissing my lips again. We walked slowly back to our place where everybody else should be. We got closer and saw that the girls had showed up while we were gone. This is going to be great. We walked inside and I heard the girls scream then I heard footsteps. I stepped aside and let the girls gawk over how the ring is and everything. I walked into the living room and saw the rest of my band sitting there, along with Joel, Nick, Eric, the Gomez brothers, Tim, and Justin. They looked up and smiled.
“You finally did it?” Tim said standing up and pulling me into a bro hug. I nodded and the others said congrats. I smiled and sat down. The girls went to the kitchen and you could hear one of them giggle ever so often.
“You happy, bro?” Kennedy asked.
“Very.” I said. Soon everybody started leaving. Pat, Kennedy, John, and Jess were the last one to leave. Pat, Kennedy, and John all gave Kat a big hug and Jess walked over to me.
“Congrats, Nickelsen. Kat is one of my best friends and I’m so glad you finally grew the balls to do this.” She said then hugged. I laughed.
“Treat her right, okay. I mean, you have so far but continue to do so.” She said. I nodded then watch Jess give Kat other hug and then we waved them off. I wrapped my arms around Kat and kissed her neck.
“I love you, Mrs. Soon to be Nickelsen.” I whispered into her ear.
“I love you, babe.” She said then pulled me towards the bedroom. We changed into our night and we laid there, cuddling each other.
“Could you sing for me, Garrett?” She whispered.
“Anything for you, love.” I said softly.

I'm buzzing like a jar full of lightening bugs
Walking through a star field covered in lights

Wasted like a bum with somebody's wallet
Pictures inside of you and me, you and I
So far past sad I'm crazy and scary

It's Beautiful Sorta, Beautiful Sorta
Beautiful Sorta, but not
♠ ♠ ♠
Song used in this story is by Ryan Adams.
Hope you enjoy.
Please Read&Comment.