Status: comment lovelies<3

Taste of a Poison Paradise

eleven.

I didn’t know what time it was, but when I heard the bus door slam I figured it was Niall and Riley, the cute little couple. I’d briefly seen Riley’s curls bounce pass me as I’d turned over to my side, muttering something to herself, and Niall was always hungry, so it made sense that he most likely coerced her into a breakfast run of some sort.

Plus Niall and Riley made a cute-ass couple, even if they didn’t know it yet.

With a low groan, I sat up in my bed, glad that my bed was above Louis’ and not on the bottom. I had a bad habit of curling myself up into places that when woken up, left my head dangled off the bed on one side and my legs tangled into the blanket. There was one instance where I woke up with no clothing on, although the night before an ex-boyfriend of mine had slept over and we were both sober – which was probably the main reason.

“Is she asleep?” I heard hushed voices, both males, both obviously the 1D boys, not that it could have been anyone else.

“Yeah,” I recognised this voice to be Lou, and the first voice Harry. “Let me check.”

Quickly yet quietly, I shuffled in a position that seemed passable enough to look as though as I had been asleep for a good eight hours or so, and felt a presence near me which I knew to be Louis’, punctuated by his sweet man cologne.

“What’s up, pussycat?” Harry asked groggily, having to clear his voice as it was very clear that he’d just woken up.

“I got a call,” Louis seemed stressed and I wondered what was wrong with him until he continued with, “from Eleanor.”

My heart stopped beating for a second.

Eleanor Calder; otherwise known as Lou’s ex-girlfriend, otherwise known as this super-hot – like ridiculous I-would-bang-her hot model who works at Hollister and lives in hot British land and goes to university and shit. When Louis and her dated, I had always been a supporter of the two. Eleanor had always been a sweetheart to the fans and Louis adored her, I knew he had. But for some reason that nobody knew of, only a few months ago, they broke up. On one hand, it crushed my heart that Louis and Eleanor – Lelanor – had broken up, but secretly pleased in the hopes that I could one day get with him. Louis was adorable, why wouldn’t anyone want him?

“What’d she say?” Harry seemed more alert now, but I couldn’t tell what he was doing since I still had my eyes closed.

Louis sighed, a large sigh at that. “She misses me, and she wants to get back together.” He sounded hopeful.

It had only been a few days, sure, and Louis had been flirting with me – that I couldn’t deny, but the fact that he was flirting with me and he wanted to get back with Eleanor – Jesus mate, pick a side, don’t play with my feelings.

Feeling somewhat humiliated, I waited until Louis and Harry retreated to their beds so I could shuffle in my bed, burying my face into my pillow while I let the mortification crash over me like a wave. Maybe I was over exaggerating, but I couldn’t help but feel stupid, like he had wanted to explore his options before choosing on a girl.

I was Alexandra Mandell, and I wouldn’t let anybody play with me. Once before was bad enough, but the second time just hurt like a motherfucker.

The first time I had been too cowardly to retaliate, I was too focused on being hurt and losing my dignity than to dish out some cold hearted revenge. This time, I was probably taking it too personal but I didn’t care. Justice had to be served.

---

“Morning,” I chirped, sitting onto one of the stools to begin my breakfast. Instead of the usual healthy meal of Sultana Bran and orange juice, I’d opted for Fruit Loops, wanting to fill my craving for sugar as opposed to starting me up with something healthy in the day.

“Morning,” Zayn replied in his cool, Bradford-thick accented voice. It was hard to deny the uber-sexiness that just oozed out of the Bradford Bad Boy. Dressed in baggy shorts and a white t-shirt that did nothing to distract me from his well-muscled arms, he busied himself with making a bowl of Fruit Loops, just as I had. I quickly moved my gaze to eating my food as he sat down next to me, the both of us crunching away on our sugary goodness.

“What are the plans for today?” I asked him, since there was no-one in the kitchen with us. As I had suspected, Riley and Niall had gone for a coffee run, who had told Liam prior to their leaving. Well, Liam saw them and confirmed their leaving. I smiled at Liam’s obvious caring for everyone.

Zayn shrugged, drinking a spoonful of milk from his bowl. “Ask Daddy,” he replied in his sexy voice of his. “I think we’re having a chill day, but I can’t be sure.”

I nodded, but I wasn’t really paying attention to his words, more on his mouth and how he had a lovely shape of his lips. I wondered briefly what it’d be like to kiss him. Probably fucking hot, I thought to myself.

Zayn cleared his throat and smirked, and I’d just realised that I’d voiced my thoughts out loud. “Yeah?” I said defiantly with a small grin.

“What’s probably fucking hot?” He muttered, placing a hand on my bare leg and running his thumb over the skin.

“Kissing you,” I answered breathlessly. God, God he was so fucking sexy, and this time I made sure to not voice my thoughts. He stopped rubbing for a moment, and continued to eye-sex me until we heard an “ahem”. Looking up, it was Louis with a pinched look on his usually handsome face.

Well, I was single, and I could do whatever the fuck I wanted.

“Yes Louis?” I murmured sweetly.

Louis seemed like he was about to reply but was cut off by Niall and Riley entering the kitchen, followed by Reece and Harry. I had no idea if they were talking or not but I was more focused on the fact that Riley was wearing Niall’s shirt.

“What happened, Riley?” I asked with a smirk playing on my lips. “You guys left before we were even awake.”

“I got...hungry,” Niall burst out, and I overheard Zayn mutter “bullshit” into his hands so quietly only I had heard him. I raised an eyebrow at him and he smiled devilishly back. Hmm, if I needed to plot this ‘revenge’ of mine, Zayn was the perfect guy to play with.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter probably doesn’t even make sense, and I’m pretty sure Alex just sounds like a wackjob. But there is a reason for her wackjob, so you’ll just have to keep reading to find out what it is.

SORRY I took a WHOLE month to update, but I’m here now! Recs/subs are lovely, but comments are even better!