Animalistic Existence

002; The Escape Plan

Yesterday I tried again to tell him the truth. It didn’t work as well as I had imagined.
I didn’t really expect him to believe me; I’ve given up on that a long time ago. But yet I couldn’t stop myself from trying. What I didn’t expect to happen was him shooting at me. Of course, if he wanted me dead I wouldn’t be here to tell the story, but none the less I can still feel the bullets as they grazed my skin while they flew by. The moment he pointed the M16A2 at me, I was practically frozen in place. At that moment I really thought that he would kill me, and that very thought also made my entire body shake from fear. I know my eyes were open as wide as it was possible. I was experiencing horror as I thought that my own father would kill me for trying to be ME.
After the bullets flew by, my legs gave in and I fell to the ground. For the next ten minutes, I still lay there frozen in place. My father’s only words after that were: “You talk too much!”
Those ten minutes were gone already when I realized that I was bleeding from exactly six places. I carefully stood up still shocked to the bones, and made my way to the medicine cabinet. When I found the first aid kit, I began to sew myself up.
Living like I had for the past five years certainly teaches you how to patch yourself up. Since that moment though, no words have come out of my mouth. My father had certainly made sure that I wouldn’t speak ever again in my entire life.
Now I’m really getting scared. If this man is able to shoot his own daughter for speaking out, I wonder what he would do to me next if I disobeyed him again.
Would he really kill me? Doesn’t he need me to follow his crazy idea of family traditions? Maybe I’m disposable. After all, he can get married again and make another child for his own amusement. He can certainly act normal around people, so I bet he could even fool his own wife if he wanted to.
I feel cold and numb. I bet any normal person would be crying by now. Who wouldn’t after all? My father had practically pointed a gun at me, and basically destroyed all I was as an individual. But all I can manage to do is remain quiet and feel nothing.
I have to get away from this place and his rule, and I think I know how to do it.
The ship will travel from the west coast of Florida, and pass through the Panama Canal. There will be a small stop at the Panama Canal as we pass through it. The stop will be a perfect chance to an escape, and the south will guarantee me protection from any of my father’s connections. I’ll be free. Of course, the moment I’ll arrive there, I’m going to change my name and somehow become a citizen. Though I do wonder which southern country is the best to go live unnoticed? I want to be as invisible as I can to my father. Maybe after some time I’ll move from South America to Asia or Europe.
I have to plan this carefully; it is my last chance to an escape after all. I don’t think I can manage to leave the base in Japan. You’d be crazy to try and escape a military base protected by soldiers with machine guns. I certainly am not that crazy.
I suppose I’ll have to use my father’s training to pull this whole thing off. If I can’t escape him, then what the hell have I been taught until now? I’m a soldier, I can manage to escape one man (and the govt., the military etc. but I’ll leave that out since I don’t want to further discourage myself).
One month left until that day. I have a month of planning, and trying to survive my father. I just hope I’m not dead by the time of my escape. I’ll have to remind myself to shut up and suck it up. I believe I’ll manage to do that much; I certainly don’t want to be shot at again.