Status: Active

Going Through The Motions

Get What You Want

By age four, Brian had learned how to get anything he wanted. Being the first child of Brian Senior, and Layla Haner, he was nothing but a spoiled little kid.
His mother was caring, and loved her son more than anything on the planet; willing to give into his every command. So, when he asked for a make-up set, his parents went out and bought one for him.
Of course, as he grew older, crying, and throwing tantrums didn’t work like it used to. And, as he finally entered his school life, things changed drastically.

--

Aged six, Brian was an innocent looking child. His hair was long, and a chocolate brown. It hid his face, which led most to believe that he was shy.
In his first year of school, Brian found out that crying wasn’t going to get him anywhere. Instead, he played people. Though, he wasn’t truly aware of what he was doing, and that it was wrong. He only knew that when he wanted something, he could make people get it for him.

Brian had met a nice boy in class, not long after he’d started school. Most of the other kids had friends in the class, having met them at a younger age, or through older siblings. Brian, as an only child, had friends, but none in his age group. The boy he’d met, Zack, was also an only child.
Zack was small, and shy. He was a head shorter than most of the other kids, and hid in the corner when they were playing. His hair was almost as long as Brian’s, a deep shade of brown, almost black, and his round eyes were the colour of emeralds.
Brian took to Zack immediately; joining the boy in his corner. He wanted to be Zack’s friend, though Zack was reluctant.
Zack often ignored Brian when they were in his corner. It wasn’t that he didn’t want friends; he was just too shy to communicate.
Brian had tried everything; talking to the boy, giving him toys, playing with him when he joined the group outside, evening singing to him. Zack stayed silent, though. But he wasn’t going to give up. Brian wanted Zack to be his friend, and he always got what he wanted.

During nap time, early into the second term, Brian pulled his pillow over next to Zack’s. The shorter boy had been crying silently, while the other kids slept. The teachers, Mrs. D, and Miss. Stubbs, were too busy talking in the office to notice.

‘What’s wrong?’ Brian whispered, tapping Zack’s shoulder. Zack shook his head, burying his face into his orange pillow. Brian repeated his question, moving closer to Zack. Again, the boy just shook his head. Instead of asking for a third time, Brian rubbed Zack’s back, just like his mother would when he cried.
It took Zack a moment to react, his shy nature getting the better of him. Though, after a few minutes, Zack rolled over to his back, looking at Brian, who had just withdrawn his hand before it was crushed.
Zack’s eyes were red, and slightly swollen; his pouty lips still quivering. Brian, unsure of what to do, rested his head on the younger boys’ pillow, draping an arm over the boys’ chest. Zack seemed to welcome the gesture; his body relaxing against Brian’s.
After that day, Zack finally opened up. He spoke to Brian, joined the group in activities, and even invited his new friend to his home.

Brian always got what he wanted, and he would go to any length to get it. Even if it meant sharing his crayons with the shy kid in the corner.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a while since I've written anything, honestly. I've been focused on drawing. Hope I'm not too out of practice.