Status: In Progress

Chosen

Strictly delusional

Jake knelt to the ground. He smirked at the road. He picked up a golden necklace that was lying relaxed onto the sandy tar. “Kara”

I looked at him then to the necklace. “Bullshit…” I murmured as my mouth dropped.

Jake chuckles. “It looks like the one you described.”

How could that be? I was describing the necklace I lost when I was a child. My mom gave it to me for my birthday, the day I turned seven, the last birthday with her before she died… I felt myself begin to go back into a dark trance. I folded my arms and stared at the ground. “Oh…”

I watched his shadow walk closer to me. “Are you okay?” He asked. I looked up as his dark emerald eyes that were boring into mine.

“Yeah” I looked at the necklace dangle between his index and middle finger. ”Old distant memories came rushing back when I looked at it.” I stared at the necklace. I can’t believe it’s what I think it is, I thought secretly to myself.

“Are they bad?” He asked with a chilling whisper. He walked closer to me.

I looked at the ground. “No… but ones that I wished would repeat.”

Jake lifts my chin up. He looks into my eyes. “Then why so sad?” he whispered softly.

“Because I live in a nightmare today,” my voice dragged as tears began to fall from my eyes.

Jake pulled me into a light hug. I watched the necklace fall from his fingers. As I rested my head on his chest I seen the necklace shined. The angel that was perfectly laced on a moon smiled at me. I froze. Why is this happening to me? What is going on here?

Jake patted my head. ”It's going to be okay.” He murmured into the cool breeze. I look at his face. Is he real? I sighed. Of course he is real why wouldn't he be? Kara, get a grip you sound like a mental case! Jake smiled looking at me unsure.

Smiling back we depart from the hug. I scratch my head feeling the sudden awkward turn into tension. ”I hope things will.” I said looking at my shoes. I knelt down picking up the necklace putting it close to my face. How could it be? I looked at the angel, it was normal like before. Not smiling; just a plan emotionless face. Looking at the back of the flat surface of the charm it had my name on it, Kara, in cursive.

“Is it the real deal?” Jake asked looking at me his eyes shining in the cloudy sky.

Turning around I smiled. “Yeah, thanks so much!” I gripped the necklace into my hands. He walked up to me as he folded his arms.

“Would you like for me to put it on for you?” he touched my hand. My hand opened as he took it into his hands. As he put it on my neck I wondered what kind of person he was. Was he a good guy or was he acting nice because I was some stranger. ”Will you go the Danque Cafe with me tomorrow? Well if you not busy...h he asked catching me off guard.

As he settled the necklace gently free on to my neck I face him. ”That would be perfect!” I said. Looking down at my watch on my arm... ”Shit! Oops, sorry for my language... I'm late!”

Jake snickers. “For what?”

“Home...” I said with a distant sigh.

“Doesn't look like you want to go...h he said as he began to walk to the entrance. I followed quickly.

“To be honest I rather be drowning in a lake then go home.” I confessed. “At least that lake would bring me the peacefulness when I reach then bottom.”

Jake glared at me. “Please don't say things like that.”

I look at him unsure. “What... Why?”

He scratched his head looking up at the sky frowning. “Just don't”

My eyes look into his sorrow filled emeralds. He must be holding back his haunting memories like I try to bury mine. I look at him smiling. “Okay, I won’t.” He looked at me and smiled. As we reached the entrance of the park we stare into the opening.

“Don't forget. Twelve thirty okay?” he looks at me then to the watch.

“Okay,” I take out my hand. “See you tomorrow?”

He balls his hand into a fist. I did the same and we bumped knuckles “Bye until then.” He said and he walked the opposite form me.

I watched for a moment before looking at the time again. “Oh my god she's going to kill me!” I freaked. I started to run. I wondering who Jake really is… on that note I want to know what the heck happened back there? As I felt the air sting in my lungs I ran faster. All I do know is if I don't go home soon that lady will kill me.