This Vegas Sky Is Tainted

XIII

Lottie’s POV

As i woke up i rolled over to look at the clock to see it was 4 pm. As i rolled out of Greg’s arms i felt him start to stretch out to pull me back towards as a slight grumble escaped his lips. I smiled rolling back towards him as he slowly opened his eyes to look at me us sharing a kiss.

“It’s 4 in the afternoon, we need to get up.”

Greg grumbled a little more as i sat up in bed and swung my legs into the cooler air of the room as Greg slowly rose. His hair was all fluffy and sticking up as he ran a hand through it before rubbing his hands over his face and pulling himself to a standing position. I couldn’t help but admire how good he looked stood there in nothing but his boxers. He literally was just perfect and i was so lucky to be able to call him my own. I smiled to myself slightly before heading out of the bedroom Greg slowly following behind as i headed to make us both a mug of tea as he took up residence on the sofa.

“What you and Nick doing to keep Brandon occupied later?”

“I have no idea yet, I’m sure me and nick will come up with something though.”

“i don’t want him picking up bad habits off you both.”

I watched as Greg turned to face me pulling a shocked face as if he wasn’t one with bad habits. I smiled at him as i placed his mug of tea on the coffee table and settled beside him.

“I’d rather spend it with you than you having to go to work.”

“You see me lots of times, i think it will be nice for Brandon to not have couples and romance around him.”

I took a sip out of my tea as Greg picked up his mug now finally having decided on what channel to have on.

“Actually i take that back, it will be worse having you and Nick and your bromance.”

I watched Greg’s face change to offence in a joking way as i placed my mug down. He placed his mug down to and before i knew it Greg had pinned me against the sofa and had started tickling me. As i squirmed underneath his as he wore his cheeky grin i decided to take an advantage. As i fidgeted more my left hand became free and i was quick to grab the back of Greg’s boxers. He was quick to stop tickling me as he realised exactly what i could do and instead leant forward kissing me passionately his fingers entwined in my hair as i retaliated my hands resting on his bare torso and shoulders.

After me and Greg had headed to get some breakfast down the road and returned having settled on the sofa i was now getting ready to head to work. I pulled on a pair of black jeans and a navy blue t-shirt. As i sat pulling on my vans Greg emerged from the bedroom finally dressed and ready to head around to nick’s place. I knew Steph said she was going to head into work a little earlier than myself and so was taking her own car. As i left the apartment i kissed Greg goodbye grabbing a jacket to throw into the back of the car incase it was needed.

The drive into work was longer than normal, traffic quite heavy as i tapped along to All Time Low on the steering wheel. As i finally pulled into the parking lot of the crime lab thirty minutes later i could see my sister’s car already parked up. As i headed into the labs and stepped into the break room i was grateful to see steph already sat in there meaning i didn’t have to wonder the whole department trying to find her.

As i made myself a drink i noted she already had a manila folder sat in-front of her no doubt trying familiarize herself with the case she was helping me with tonight as Greg wasn’t hear. I sat down at the table filling her in on the details of what me and Greg had gotten together after last night’s shift. The two of us were soon making our way to layout to see what new eyes bought to theories and ideas for the case and to see if anything was pointed out leading us in the direction of a new suspect.

Brass was soon phoning my cell however to inform me that he had finally located one of the suspects we had and before long me and steph were sat in the Tahoe heading to his residence. Brass had informed me he already had a warrant for us to search the property and soon we were inside leaving nothing unturned. A couple of hours later and with Steph plastered in dust and cobwebs from searching the cellar we were making our way back to the labs with a few pieces of evidence.

Steph was quick to grab the evidence that needed to go to DNA and toxicology leaving me with the stuff to go to trace. I knew she would of done that though as steph was now not in the happiest of moods needing to shower again and so the addition of Hodges irritating her would of just made the situation and her mood worse. As i stepped into Trace i glanced around to see no sign of Hodges anywhere and so placed the evidence onto the desk. As i stood there prepared to wait for him to return as he may be on break i heard a raised voice in the corridor instantly knowing it was Steph’s.

“Hodges, what the hell are you doing. How many times do i have to tell you not to walk in and scare me like that. I suggest you quickly eject your ass from this room before i use my foot to do it for you. I’m trying to get some work done here i don’t need you hovering and irritating me!”

I stood there smiling slightly as i heard rushed footsteps heading for the trace lab knowing Hodges had taken the wisest of routes and got himself out of the lab and away from steph. Hodges look surprised to see me stood in trace as he stopped just before he ran straight into me and instead hung an arm around my neck smiling and letting out a large exhale of breath.

“haven’t you learnt not to irritate steph yet? How many times has she threatened or chased you out of the lab now?”

“I know but i only wanted to give her the outcome from the last case she solved as the trial was this morning.”

“I’d wait until she’s stood in Trace first before you try that in the future.”

Hodges nodded and finally removed his arm from my neck as she walked around to the other side of his desk picking up the evidence that was now sat there.

“anyway what does this visit from my favourite CSI mean.”

“I need you to find out what exactly is in those contains and what that powder is please. It’s part of last night’s case so was wondering if it could be prioritised.”

“of course it can i shall page you the second i have the results form it and shall get right on it.”

As Hodges got to work i walked down to DNA to find both steph and Sara now stood i there as i informed them i was going to head to interrogation with brass. I left steph and Sara with a couple of other searches i needed them to pull up as i headed down to meet Brass.

The interview with the latest suspect was long. At first he wouldn’t give anything up but then after brass informed him what jail time he was looking at he became a little more co-operative and gave us another name that i would need to look into as a suspect.

As shift ended i said goodbye to Sara and steph who were both making their way home. I decided i was going to work through some overtime however as new leads on this case were coming up and daytime was the time things needed to be done. Alongside that Grissom’s offer was still playing in the back of my mind and i knew i wasn’t going to be able sleep when i got back.

As i stood in the break room making myself another drink i phoned Greg to let him know i was staying at work and wished him good luck since him and nick were taking Brandon out for the day so that steph had chance to get some sleep. Greg informed me that once he had been out that he would head into work early and give me a hand with the case. I was grateful for it as i said goodbye to him and turned my attention to all the case notes spread out in the layout room.