This Vegas Sky Is Tainted

IV

Lotties POV

Me and Greg had decided to go out to grab some lunch and do a little bit of shopping before we headed to work. As we left Steph was just returning back to the apartment and we shared a brief hello before again separating and heading our separate ways. I enjoyed the lunch we shared before we gathered work items from the flat and heading to shift at 10pm.

As we pulled into the lot Greg pulled the car into the spare space that had been left before we made our ay I greeting a couple of officer’s on our way up to the labs and bee lining for the break room. As we got into the break room I was surprised to see the whole team already in there. Grissom had given out the cases already before he turned to me and Greg informing us he wanted to speak to us in his office.

We were soon following him down to his office me and Greg both worried about what Grissom wanted to speak to us about. Had we done something wrong? As we stepped into the office he took his seat as we sat in the chairs before the door opened again. I turned around to see Anna and smiled as she stood beside Grissom facing me and Greg.

“Anna would like to speak to you both about something that’s not work related if that’s ok?”

Both me and Greg nodded as we anticipated what exactly we were going to be told.

“I’m sorry to kind of drop this on you but Grissom and Steph had this at ten this morning. I shall explain why you were told after in a little while but I hope you forgive me. On Thursday evening I am heading to London to work for a year and a half. However Brandon will be staying here. Steph and Nick have already accepted to look after him and I was hoping you two would be part of that to? He is moving into Steph’s place tomorrow as she is taking two week’s part-time sick leave to help break him into a new environment but she pointed it’s his choice where he stays once he’s settled. Irstly are you happy to help?”

“Yes, of course, he’s my brother.”

“I thank you. Also I will obviously be leaving my current job for a year and a half. I was wondering if as a extra favour from you if you would consider taking on running that on a minimal hours basis. It is only an online run business where you provide a review on various newly released books after reading them. I thought this opportunity would suit you more and so I hope that you will be happy to take it on?”

“I…of course I would. I would be more than grateful.”

Anna smiled then hugging me and thanking me and then hugging Greg to.

“Steph is going to arrange who takes Brandon to the airport with you later on tonight I believe. She said something about seeing how the shifts run.”

“That’s fine with me. Thank you for the extra work opportunity to.”

Anna left shortly after as I let it sink in. At least I knew why she spoke to me and Greg privately now and I was in-fact kind of grateful.

“Grissom what happens if we are all working a big case though?”

“Brandon will be in the break room or my office whilst we are in field with a lab rat watching him until one of you guys are back to keep him with you. I will be sorting the rota’s out in a little while but I do have a case for you guys to work now.”

As we left Grissom’s office Greg hugged me seemingly happily with hw that little meeting had turned out. As we headed to locker’s to head to the new scene we spoke about how we had to get the spare room kid friendly when we got some spare time now.

We were soon on our where to the scene of a dead body found in the desert was. It seemed to be a simple case to solve as we were greeted by the park ranger who was the first on the scene. Before long the coroner had left with the body and we were making our way back to the lab with an evidence we had gotten and information off the park ranger to.

As we got to the lab Steph was quick to spot me and pull me to the side.

“Hey, I’ve got to get Brandon from mums tomorrow. I was wondering if you wanted to come with me?”

“Sure, me and Greg are going to get our spare room sorted over the next week two ready to let Brandon stay. Mum told me what you said about it been his choice?”

Steph nodded smiling before she was been called by Catherine and had to disappear again as I headed off to find Greg in order for us to wrap this case up pretty quickly. By the time 7am arrived mine and Greg’s case was solved and I was glad as the two of us were making the way through morning traffic home.

When we got in we both threw on some comfy clothes and after making us both a cup of tea I curled into his chest as Greg wrapped his arm around me and kissed my forehead. As we watched the NFL highlights Greg kissed the top of my head as I rested my head against his chest the beat of his heart steady in my ear.

After a little while we were both making our way to bed just as I heard Nick and Steph enter their flat in a rather noisy manner. As we lay down I turned looking up into Greg’s eyes.

“You sure your ready to look after Brandon on top of everything?”

“Of course I am. If your ready to take on three roles then I’m ready to help you. That kid’s had a slightly rough year I’m determined the four of us will give him the best we can.”

I smiled as me and Greg shared a few passionate kisses as we curled up in each others arms just relaxing as we settled down to get a few hours sleep at least. I had to admit I really was excited about everything that was due to happen with a new second job bringing in a little extra income as well as having Brandon running around the two flats to.