This Vegas Sky Is Tainted

V

Steph’s POV

I was awake by midday after what had been a rather tiring shift at work. As I got up and ready I smiled seeing that Nick was still fast asleep happily curled up in the duvet. Once ready I kissed his cheek informing him I would be back soon as I left the bedroom and picked up my jacket and car keys.

I was soon stood at Lottie’s apartment door knocking it. I could hear some form of movement on the other side of the door and awaited it’s open. When the door did open I was slightly surprised to see Greg stood there only in a pair of boxer shorts and his hair sticking up in many directions as he rubbed his eyes slightly. I turned away from Greg’s semi-naked sight and instead faced the window that looked out onto the Vegas street below.

“Greg can you either go put some clothes on or ask Lottie to come to the door instead please?”

“Why, does my naked sight offend you?”

“I work with you and you date my sister. I do not need to see you in your glory. Please can you fetch Lottie?”

I heard Greg grumble and mumble something under his breath as his voice slowly retreated back inside the flat. As I listened still watching out the window I heard him complain to Lottie about me mentioning he had no clothes on. I smiled as I listened to Lottie’s response back.

“She’s my sister and she has to work with you. I’m sure it’s not something she wants to associate you with like I wouldn’t want to see Nick stood at the door in his boxer’s either. Only I am allowed to appreciate your semi-naked body.”

As I turned around I was this time greeted by Lottie who was already dressed.

“I thought we weren’t getting Brandon until this evening?”

“We aren’t thought I would pop round as I’m on my way to the hospital. Would you and Greg mind taking mum and Brandon to the airport tomorrow. Grissom wants me to finish up a couple of cases tonight and tomorrow night so he’s given you and Greg the time off instead.”

“Sure that’s fine with us. What you doing with Brandon if your in work tonight though?”

“I’m going in at 8 and coming home at 12 so going to take Brandon in with me. I’m sure I can find something he can do.”

“What you at the hospital for today?”

“It’s just a check-up and stuff making sure my arm is gaining strength properly and is going to heal alright.”

Lottie nodded and I informed her I would see her at 5 when we were going to pick Brandon up as I left and made my way to the hospital. After what seemed like forever I was finally making my way back home though and was grateful as I stepped back into the apartment. As I got in I smiled seeing Nick sat on the sofa wrapped up in our duvet and a mug of coffee sat on the coffee table. I made myself a coffee before heading over to the sofa.

“I’m guessing your cold?”

“Yeah doesn’t help I couldn’t be bothered to get dressed though.”

I couldn’t help but smile back as nick smiled up at me pulling the duvet open signalling he wanted me to curl up with him for a little while. I did taking the remote and flicking through the channels until Nick wanted me to leave on the discovery channel. I rolled my eyes at his obsession with the channel but curled up and watched it instead.

“What did the hospital say anyway babe?”

“Not a lot, my arm is gaining strength at a good progress and stuff so it’s not bad. They seemed quite happy with how I was with it and stuff.”

Nick kissed me as I rested my head against his shoulder as he lent his head onto mine. We spent about an hour just enjoying relaxing a little without receiving any phone calls from Grissom. As it got to half four Nick got dressed and had made sure the flat was pretty tidy as I got ready to leave the house again. At 4:45 I had left the apartment and was knocking on Lottie’s door who was quick to answer and step out as we headed down to my car to head over to mum’s.

Mum had quite a smart house over in Summerlin and the street was really peaceful. I reversed my car up the driveway knowing the boot would soon be filled with toys galore before we stepped up to the front door. It didn’t take mum long to answer the door and w were soon stood in the hall way greeted with several different bags and cases.

“Brandon are you going to be long dear. Your sister’s cant wait around all day.”

“Just finding all my toys mum”

As Lottie headed up to help Brandon and no doubt speed him up I stepped back out the door and put down the two back seats in my car knowing I would need extra boot space. It was times like these I was glad I had a car with seven seats.

After ten minutes Brandon and Lottie emerged again and started loading up the boot where as I was sat in the back seat figuring out how in the hell his car seat fastened in. I watched Lottie crawl into the trunk of the car as she pushed boxes right up against the next row of seats making sure that everything was going to fit.

After a good half an hour of running in and out of the house my car was completely full of everything Brandon was bringing with him. Brandon was now happily sat in Lottie’s arms after having said goodbye to his mum until tomorrow. He was really excited to go somewhere new to live for a while and I smiled as Lottie went and placed him into his car seat. I pulled mum into a big hug.

“I won’t be able to say goodbye tomorrow. So have a great trip and don’t overwork yourself. We shall all look after Brandon and I look forward to seeing you when you come home again. Let us know you got there safely to”

As I released mum from the hug she wiped a tear from her eye as I smiled.

“I know Brandon will be safe with you two. I will miss you all. Stay well and love you.”

I turned saying bye to mum before getting into the drive’s side of the car. Lottie said a quick bye knowing she would have more time tomorrow evening before she got into the car to. As we pulled out the drive I could see Brandon waving at his mum his little face full of excitement as I watched him momentarily in the rear-view mirror.

On the way back I pulled into an In n Out burher joint and got food for everyone before reaching the apartment block. I pulled my car close to the doors to start with what with unloading so much stuff form the trunk. Lottie disappeared upstairs with the food and Brandon first before Greg and Nick headed down and started to help empty the trunk into the hallway.

Once the car had been completely unloaded I pulled it into a parking space before helping the two guys get everything into mine and nick’s apartment. Lottie was sat in the apartment sorting out food for everyone and keeping an eye on Brandon to. Once everything had been bought in and everyone had eaten both Lottie and Greg disappeared back to their place. Whilst Nick and Brandon sat watching cartoon’s on the TV I unloaded Brandon’s bags not yet letting him see his bedroom.

Once all the stuff had been unloaded I told nick to bring Brandon over to his room. As I opened the door I watched little Brandon’s face as his eyes literally lit up at his new room. I felt nick lace an arm around my hips as we watched Brandon look through everything in his new room as well as him taking in nicks old game console that had been set up for him.

As he sat there nick went got both his and my stuff ready for work in an hour. I stepped not the room sitting on the bed beside Brandon.

“I’ve got to head into work fro a couple hours tonight and I need you to come with me Brandon. If your really good and you help me do my work though I promise to buy you a little surprise tomorrow?”

“Ok, I like your work anyway.”

I smiled kissing Brandon on the head leaving him to play with his toys for 15 minutes whilst I helped get everything sorted for work.