This Vegas Sky Is Tainted

VIII

Greg’s POV

As i to took off across the departure lounge I turned apologising to the people that had been knocked as Lottie headed across in pursuit of Brandon. I heard a ladies voice shout not to worry at me as I continued in pursuit of Lottie across the terminal. As we ran I watched Lottie bump into a male quite violently causing her to stop to apologise this time. As she turned to face the male I watched to see that Brandon had also stopped. The male facing Lottie now was at least 6 inches taller than herself and almost three times her size. As she stood there i noticed the whole airport seemed to of come to a standstill. I watched Lottie’s face grew pale as her eyes looked down to the male’s jacket.

I glanced over to Brandon to see him back off a few paces and nodded at him almost to reassure him. As I looked back to Lottie I watched the male pull a gun from his pocket and almost felt like all the air in the terminal sucked as people held their breath unsure of what was about to happen. As I stood there time almost slowing down until it wasn’t moving I knew in reality I had mere seconds to react. I could see tear’s in Brandon’s eyes as Lottie moved shielding him from the weapon. They were both in danger and I knew exactly what I had to do.

I heard the click as the gun’s safety as taken off and before even I knew what I was doing I was running across the floor before I leapt as I did I used my arms to gather Lottie and Brandon before gravity took over and the three of us hit the floor. As we did I pulled Brandon underneath my body as Lottie stayed lowing knowing the procedure usually taken in situations like these. Literally seconds after e had hit the floor the weapon had been fired as I heard it connect with the floor. I expected to hear someone’s else’s cry of pain but instead it stayed deadly silent.

As I looked up I watched as the male turned prepared to fire at all three of us this time but by chance security guards had already caught up to him and I watched as three fo them tackled him to the ground rendering immobile as they cuffed him and dragged him out of the terminal. A fourth guard picked up the gun taking that to as slowly I knelt up. As I knelt up I watched Brandon sit up before he burst into tears flinging himself into my chest. I pulled him into my chest my hands on his back and his head as I rocked him slightly trying to calm him down. Lottie then sat up as I heard her breathe a sigh of relief as people around started to get back to their own business. I looked over to see Anna approaching us and smiled as she hugged Lottie and then kissed Brandon’s head who was still hugging me.

“Thank you Greg.”

I shook my head at Anna and she gave me that sort of luck that told you she understood you did something because you cared. As we stood there her flight was called and the three of us quickly said goodbye to her as she disappeared into the distance of the terminal. Once she was gone the three of us turned leaving the airport doors. As we got outside one of the security guards appeared.

The guard checked we were all unharmed and I pulled my ID from my badge reassuring him that I was fine and knew what I was dealing with as I carried Brandon to the car Lottie walking alongside me herself a lot calmer now.

As I placed Brandon into his car seat his red eyes looked up at me.

“Sorry Greg.”

I looked down at his little face before kneeling on the edge of the foot well so I was inline with Brandon.

“Don’t worry little man its over now and we are all safe.”

Brandon just nodded as lottie informed me she wanted to drive it would keep her calm again and I nodded deciding to take the back seat beside Brandon again in order to keep him occupied. Once we were back at the apartment Lottie headed around to Steph and Nick’s place whilst I looked after Brandon.

When she returned she informed me that she had told Steph about the whole incident and suggested that it would be best if Brandon was with us tonight instead. I agreed as me and Brandon got comfy on the sofa with cartoon’s on for a little while before Lottie to joined us.