Need You Now

1/1

Annie sat on the floor of her bedroom, pictures of her and her former fiancé scattered all over the place. She really missed him, and reached for her cell phone, to dial his number.

She got his voicemail.

“Zacky, I know I said I wouldn’t call you, but I miss you so much. I can’t do this without you….I…I lost the baby, Zack. I forgive you for the words that were said, just please call me back.”

Zacky lay in his bunk on his tour bus. He had been gone for two months on tour with his band Avenged Sevenfold, and would actually be going back home the next day.

“Yo Zack, come out with us,” Johnny Christ called to him.

Zacky sighed, “Okay, I guess.”

That night they went out to the bar, and Zacky kept knocking back whiskey.

“Man, slow down,” M. Shadows scolded.

“I just….I miss her.”

“Call her man.”

“It’s not that easy. After we had words that night, we haven’t spoken, and I’m worried about her. I knew she was having problems with the pregnancy and yeah….I mean, that was two months ago.”

“All I can say is call her, and see if you can fix it.”

Zacky nodded, and that night after he sobered up a bit, he got his phone. He had a missed call and voicemail from Annie.

He started to tear up when he found out she had lost the baby, and how broken and lost she sounded. He couldn’t bear to talk to her on the phone, so he decided to wait until they got home, which would be in a few hours.

That next morning, Annie woke up with a tear stained face, and went to take a shower. She knew Zacky would be home soon, and they could figure out if they we’re going to get back together or split up for good. After her shower, and getting dressed, she heard the dogs barking and knew he was home.

“Annie?” Zacky called.

“Bedroom,” she replied.
“Annie, babe, I’m so sorry.” He took her into his arms, and she started crying.

“I’m sorry Zacky. It’s my entire fault.”

“Sh, Annie, no it’s not. I promise you.”

“It feels like it is…I lost our baby.”

“It will be okay. I’m not going anywhere, and we have all the time in the world to start a family.”

Annie pulled away from him, “You’re staying?”

“Yes, baby, I am.”

“I’m glad. I love you so much, and I need you in my life.”

“I need you too, and I love you.”

“Can you just hold me for awhile? I really missed you, and I could use some serious cuddling time.”

“Of course.”

Annie fell back asleep in his arms, and they were both content for the moment.