Status: Please Comment

Bad Enough For You

Moving In

I pulled into the parking lot of my new apartment building, it was dark and dreary like any other parking garage. I found some weird comfort in a familiar setting I sat in my car for what felt like a year but I realized that I HAD to go it eventually. I found my way to the fifth floor and to the room 5D Tan carpet and white walls covered the hallways and I prayed that the inside of the apartment would be different. I found the key on top of the door, like the letter said, and let myself in. I rolled my one suitcase into the room and left it by the door. I was too lazy to get the rest of my stuff in from my car as soon as I got bored enough. I threw the keys on the counter and looked around. There was a note on the old white countertop.

Hi, I’m Anthony, your building super. Call me if you need anything!

It said and then there was a phone number. I smiled, at least one person, of whom I had never met, was friendly.

I looked around and realized my prayers weren't answered, there was one big room with three open doors. One that lead to a bedroom, another to a bathroom and one by the front door was a coat closet. There was no furniture, no bed, no couch, no table, no dished, no nothing. I sighed and went to go get my other suit cases, nothing to do here. In my head I made a list of things to do today. I would go food shopping today and then tomorrow I would got furniture shopping and such.

I unpacked as much as I could without a dresser and went to find a grocery store. It didn’t take long, this wasn’t a big town, unlike Seattle, I missed the big city feeling, none of this small town crap. I pulled into the parking spot and made sure I have the credit card that my parents gave me. If it wasn’t for food, furniture, or necessities like gas I would be in deep shit, they made that much clear.

I walked into the store and got a cart going down the first aisle. I got salad, apples, and berries. In the next aisle I got milk, chicken and some chicken nuggets, this went on for a while, I got all healthy stuff like milk instead of soda etc. etc. but at the checkout counter I got three Hersey’s chocolate, for you know... comfort. I paid and went home.

On the drive home I looked at the roads, surrounding houses. It was just about fall and the trees were really turing beautiful colors, and you could actually see the sun here unlike in Seattle where it rained 300 days out of the year, I took relief in the fact I could find good thinks about this little town in Maryland.

After putting all that I had bought away in the cabinets and refrigerator. I got out the pillows I had packed and a throw blanket. I put sheets and a bed spread on my list of things to get tomorrow and changed into my pajamas. I curled up on my bed room floor and cried my self to sleep. I cried because I felt so alone, my family doesn’t even want me. I hugged the pillow and fell asleep on the unforgiving hard wood floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a new story that I've had on my computer for awhile, I hope you all like it :) Please give me feed back!