Status: Please Comment

Bad Enough For You

Tony

The delivery men put all of the furniture in the correct rooms but just left them where ever. I found the card that my building super sent me and I dialed the number. A man answered.

“Hello? This is Anthony.” He said

“Hi this is Emma Witman in room 5D. I was wondering if it would be any trouble if you could help me with same furniture that I just had delivered. I’ll cook you dinner.” I said

“Dinner? really? Sounds like a deal, I’ll be right up.” He said he sounded like he was smiling, which I was grateful for.

“Thanks.” I said and hung up. I was glad someone was going to come up and talk with me. I sighed and started cutting up chicken and putting some water on for rice. After a few minutes I heard a knock at the door and I opened it to a young man, like in his twenties, with a full head of dark hair and he had dark eyes. He was obviously Italian.

“What can I help you with?” he asked

“Well can we put the couch there?” I asked and we put the couch in the middle of the living room and the TV on the opposite wall. We finished with all the furniture and about that time then dinner was done. I put two plates out and Anthony sat down across from me on the kitchen counter.

“So tell me about yourself.” He said and took a bite.

“Fine, my name is Emma Maria Witman, I am seventeen years old. I turn eighteen on January seventh. I just moved here from Seattle, Washington. Both of my parents are doctors, my mom is a emergency room doctor and my dad is a surgeon. I have an older sister named Emily, who is also a doctor, she is a kid’s doctor. My parents wanted me to be a doctor as well.” I said and Anthony interrupted me.

“Why are you not living with your family?” he asked

“Well, I told them I didn’t want to be a doctor. I want to be in a band. They kicked me out and got me this apartment and made me move away from family, friends, and my band.” I said

“That’s rough, I mean well, at least they didn’t kick you out onto the street.” He said

“Yeah, but now I don’t know anyone and I’m just lonely now.” I said

“Well, now you have one friend.” Anthony said and pointed to himself with a fork. “This is amazing, I plan on coming over for dinner as much as possible.”

“Thanks, now what’s your life story?” I asked

“Okay, my name is Anthony Matthew Valentti but call me Tony. I am twenty one years old and I work in this apartment building. My parents own this and the bakery/ deli downstairs. Come downstairs and I can get you free food. I go to college from eight- thirty to one. I don’t know what I want my major to be yet and I’m just having fun.” He said

“Well Tony, these sound like crappy ads for match.com.” I said

“You’re right.” He said and I looked at the clock. It was ten at night already. “Oh shit! I have my first day of school tomorrow.”

“I’ll leave, have a good night.” He said and hugged me before he left. I smiled and walked into my bed room. At least I have one friend. I changed into pajamas and turned on the small TV that was in my room to MTV and had it playing quietly while I fell asleep and even though I was worried like crazy, I slept like a baby.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's so short. MUCH more next chapter. Can I get two comments before I post it? Please? It would mean the world to me.