Status: Please Comment

Bad Enough For You

Speakers

At the end of the day I raced home, Alex was coming at 4pm and I wanted to clean up the apartment a little bit. As I raised up the stairs Tony caught up to me.

“Hey where you racin’ off to?” he asked

“Some kid from school is coming over to install speakers, he could use help want to come in?” I asked. Tony nodded and followed me into my apartment. I threw my keys on the counter and started cleaning up my breakfast dishes.

“Whats with the speedy cleaning?” Tony asked me as he took a banana from my fruit bowl and sat on my counter stool. “Is this kid cuteeeee?!”

“Shut up. not really.” I said and blushed.

“LIAR!” he called. My buzzed rang and I ran to the door and pushed the talky button. “Hello?” I asked

“Hey it’s Alex? With the speakers?” he said

“Okay I’m buzzing you in.” I said “Need help bringing the speakers up?”

“Yes please?” he said.

“Come on Tone.” I said and walked out of the apartment. After carrying up the speakers and tools Alex started getting to work. I spent my time looking at Alex with Tony poking my side. Alex WAS hot. He had lean muscles and nearly perfect hair.

“Emma...” Tony dragged out my name and laughed at me a little. Alex turned to look at us from his ladder with screw driver in his mouth. I choked on my water and pushed Tony. Alex went back to work and a few minutes later Tony’s mom showed up at my door.

“TONY, There you are! Mettersi al lavoro. Vieni.” She yelled at Tony.

“Bye Ton.” I laughed as he walked out the door with his mother. “Italians huh.”

“Yeah, well I’m done. Try it out.” he said climbing off the ladder. I plugged my iPod into the dock and pressed play. Blink- 182 started playing in my whole apartment.

“This is great thank you!” I said and took some cash out of my pocket to tip him.

“No, wont it be weird if you are friends with your school mate of whom you tip to install speakers.” he said

“Well let me make you dinner.” I said and Alex hastily agreed. While I cooked Alex at first tried to help me but he gave up when he figured out my need to do everything. So he sat at the counter and talk to me while I cooked. I occasionally asked questions about the town taking mental notes on all of the things I might find useful but after dinner was done we moved to the couch where a game of twenty questions came into play. We established that we were the same age, he turning 18 merely a month before me in the up coming months, we went on to favorite color, my lack of boyfriend and his relationship with his on again off again girlfriend Lisa.

“Question 12: Do you have any siblings?” Alex asked

“One sister, named Emily. She is a pediatrician and is eight years older than me.” I said What about you?”

“Cool, I have a bunch of half siblings in England that I am not that close to due to the fact that they are a bunch of years older than me.” he said

“Understandable. Do you live with your parents?” I asked

“Yeah, most teenagers do, you seem to be the exception.” he said and started laughing. I didn’t join him. I merely looked down at my nearly empty plate of pasta. “Oh wow, I’m sorry, are they dead?” He asked tentatively. At that, I laughed.

“No, they live in Seattle.” I said

“Well then why do you leave here.” He asked nicely.

“It’s late I think that it’s time for you to go home, we have school tomorrow.”

“I’m sorry Emma, I didn’t mean to upset you.” he said blushing. I just put my plate in the sink and he followed suit.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” he said he opened the door. I turned to him, keeping my hands on the counter.

“I’m sorry Alex, I’ll see you tomorrow.” I said, he smiled and walked to me and hugged me. I laughed and hugged back. “Thank you for keeping me company, I get lonely so you are welcome anytime.”

“I’ll be sure to take you up on that.” he said.

As I was about to go to bed my cell phone rang. I rushed over to it and looked at the caller ID which said MOTHER. I sighed and picked it up.

“Hello Mother.” I said into the phone.

“Hello Emma, how is Maryland.”

“Just peachy thanks. Everyone seems very nice here”

“Good, well just calling to check up and to tell you that you will be having dinner with your aunt and uncle this Friday.”

“Thank you mother.”

“What do you weigh? Have you lost any weight since I last saw you.”

“I don’t think so.” I said

“Well didn’t I say something about you dropping a few pounds when I last saw you.”

“Yes, mother, I work on it.” I sighed.

“Thank you dear. Goodnight.” She said and I heard the phone click. I ran into the kitchen and threw away all of the leftovers from dinner before walking back to my room. I weighed my self on the scale. 121.1 Great.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pretty please comment/ subscribe. I've been doing a chapter a day. I have two other ATL stories as well if you are bored and wanna check those out!