Status: Please Comment

Bad Enough For You

Kara

The awkward ending of Alex and I’s night resulted in me not wanting to get out of bed and go to school, but eventually I gathered up the courage to roll out of my bed.

I tripped over my jeans that I had carelessly thrown on the floor the night before and I dislodged the note Mr. Edward set on my desk the morning before. I opened it and in his neat hand writing it said

Welcome to the class, if you need anything let me know

All of a sudden I was ready to get to school. I got dressed as soon as I could and left quickly for school because I was late I sped there and was still tardy to class. I was late to my first class the only to days I was at the school. I wasn’t setting a good track record for myself. I sat down and Mr. Edwards smiled at me, not even writing down my lateness and I smiled back.

“Hi, I’m Kara” The girl next to me whispered.

“Hi, I’m Emma. Nice to meet you.” I whispered back.

“So are you Alex’s new friend?” she asked

“Yeah, I guess you could call it that. You know him?” I asked

“I date one of his best friends.”

“Cool.” I said and that was the end of that conversation. After some shared looks with Mr. Edwards and what thought was a wink class ended and Kara followed me out. We exchanged numbers and schedules before going our separate ways. We had the class before lunch to together and she promised to introduce me to the rest of her and Alex’s group.

One thing I was regretting was seeing Alex. I liked Alex don’t get me wrong, and he was nice to look at, but with my little attack of emotions last night I didn’t know how our interactions were going to play out. As I walked into math and took my seat I saw Alex follow suit not too far behind me. He smiled at me and took his seat 3 rows away.

The rest of my morning wasn’t drama ridden just the same old walking down the white hallways with the occasional yellow or red accent and walking into similar looking classes before lunch.

Kara walked me down to a full round table in the somewhat foul smelling cafeteria. I plopped my bag on the floor and sat down next to Kara and a boy who I didn’t know.

“Hi.” I said shyly to the unknown boy.

“Hi.” he said back and smiled back a genuine smile. I felt like he was truly glad to see me. From a smile, I know I liked him, very sweet. Kara went around the table and introduced new people, Rian (her boyfriend) Zack, Jack (the boy sitting next to me) a few others whose names I did not remember and I gave Alex a quick smile which he returned. I took out my PB&J sandwich but just looked at it, my mother’s voice ringing in my head.

I have just got up to a regular weight for my height (5 foot 4 inch), finally gotten over my fear of eating but here I was once again. I never when to a clinic or doctor for my anorexia, I simply started realizing what I was doing to my self. It wasn’t that bad though. At my best I was down to 92.1 pounds.

For a doctor who knew what losing so much weight so fast could do to a person, she didn’t really tell me anything only looking at me disappointedly when I did eat. I suppose her wish for a perfect daughter like her first outweighed her sense of wanting to be a good doctor.

So instead of eating I piked at my sandwich casually throwing some bits back into the paper bag while no one was looking and listened to the not so quiet bickering/ talking that was going around the table.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short but important.

COMMENT!