Status: Please don't read and not comment. It would mean a lot to me if we got a few comments.

Tell Me a Lie

two.

Usually Liam wouldn’t be so worried about trying to get someone to bed… he had had so many people just begging for him to take them… but Zayn was different. Zayn was a virgin. Don’t get him wrong, he had had his fair share of virgins but Zayn was different. Zayn didn’t want to lose his virginity. He was one of the most frigid people Liam had ever set his eyes on. How someone could be so afraid of intimacy was beyond Liam. He was the last person Zayn would want to have sex with anyway; his group had tormented Zayn ever since he came out. Not that Liam agreed with it.

The whole thing had been bugging Liam all night and he was kind of dreading the day that was to come.

“Something the matter, Li?” Niall asked him the next day as they were walking to school.

“I- um…” Liam trailed off not wanting to tell Niall he felt bad about the whole thing. “Nothing mate, I’m fine.”

“If you’re sure.” They kept walking in silence from then, like they did most days.

Liam’s friends never really talked about much, other than girls and football, you know, normal guy stuff. Liam didn’t like all that stuff though, and he was pretty sure Niall didn’t either… but they’d been in this ‘jock’ group since the start of school and were going to keep it that way. The only reason for that decision was that they would rather be on the giving end of the bullying, not the receiving end. Liam didn’t want his school day to be any more unpleasant than it already was…

~*~

“So, Liam… when are you going to start trying to get Zayn to sleep with you?” Louis asked as they walked out of their classroom. Liam looked at Louis and almost wanted to punch him for coming up with the stupid idea.

“I guess tomorrow…” Liam said, looking at the ground.

“How about right now? I think he could do with some help…” Liam looked up at Louis who was staring ahead; Liam followed his gaze and saw a group of boys surrounding another boy. Liam sighed and ran towards them.

“Hey boys, I was walking down here and saw the principal coming down this way. I’d run…” The boys all stood up and gave one last glare to the boy below them before slapping Liam on the back and thanking him. Liam nodded at them as they left.

Zayn sat up, watching them leave before falling back against the concrete, his body not being able to hold itself up. He groaned and brought his shaking hand up to feel for his phone.

“Oh my god, how badly are you hurt?” Liam asked him, honestly worried about the boy. He had never seen them get him so badly. Zayn’s beautiful brown eyes widened at the sight of Liam leaning over him.

“Please, don’t hurt me I’ve had enough!” He begged, his bottom lip trembling. Liam noticed his cheek was split open and his blood was running down his face. Liam pulled off his shirt and pressed it to Zayn’s face.

“I’m the one who just shooed away all those boys; I didn’t do it so I could start hitting you myself.” Liam laughed a little, pulling the shirt away to look Zayn’s face.

“You sent them away because the principal is coming.”

“The principal isn’t coming, Zayn.”

Zayn frowned, “How do you know my name? W-what are you doing, talking to me? You hate me.” Zayn watcheed Liam, disbelieving that this boy, one who had tormented him for years, was trying to clean up his wounds.

“How could I not know your name? Cher talks about you all the time. Niall gets sick of it but I like hearing about you.” Liam smiled and ripped Zayn’s tattered shirt off to check the damage on his body. “Oh god.”

“What?!” Zayn asked, worried. Was there some really bad injury he hadn’t noticed?

“Blood. Lots and lots of blood. Oh god, oh god.” He stood up and turned to leave.

“You’re going to just leave me here because I'm bleeding?!” Zayn asked, actually liking the attention from the older boy.

Liam shook his head, “No, don't worry. I'll be back.” Liam ran up to the nurse’s office and checked that she wasn’t there before running in and grabbing a few alcohol wipes and bandages. He ran back to the boy and dropped to his knees in front of him. “So sorry I took so long. I just need to clean up this blood.”

Liam looked down at Zayn and decided it wouldn’t be such a bad thing having to spend lots of time with the beautiful boy below him, although he hated thinking about what he would have to do in a month’s time.

“I’m sorry.” Liam said, after he finished cleaning Zayn’s face of all the blood.

“For what?” Zayn smiled a little, “You just helped me.”

“No, I’m sorry for my friends, I’m sorry for all the times I joined in… it was so wrong, and I assure you, I felt bad each time. I won’t do it anymore though. I promise. This has just gone way too far.” He looked over the boy’s body again, realizing that he really was amazingly attractive.

“Thank you Liam.”

Liam smiled, “Okay, now do you think you can sit up?” He asked, standing out of the way so Zayn could try get up. The younger boy slowly sat up, cringing at the pain in his chest. Liam quickly moved behind him and steadied him, pulling him up then wrapping an arm around his torso. “You okay?”

Zayn nodded, “It just hurts a little. I’m used to it.”

Liam felt a pang in his chest at those words. I’m used to it. No one should have to get used to that. He felt like he should make it up to Zayn somehow, “Okay, well… do you want me to drive you home?”

“If that’s no trouble…”

“No trouble at all.” At that Zayn smiled, the older boy’s generosity still baffling the younger.

Liam’s heart skipped a beat at the sight of Zayn’s smile. It's the most beautiful smile he's ever seen. One of those smiles that could light up a whole room. He smiled back. Everything about the innocent boy was perfect. His lips looked so kissable, his eyes were the most beautiful shades of brown he had ever seen. The colour was similar to so many others, but for some reason, these ones were so different-

He mentally cursed himself. It was meant to be a bet, a bet so that he could stay with his girlfriend. He shouldn’t have been feeling sorry for Zayn. Zayn should have learnt to fight back for himself.

Liam couldn’t let there be any feelings whatsoever in the relationship. Not on his part anyway. None.