Status: postponed for a while

Guarding Lilly

steal you away

**Lilly’s POV**

Within the next few weeks Ryan and I got into a routine, but today was different. I had to go back to work. Ryan was not happy about it either. He had become so protective, I never had any alone time. But I didn’t mind it all that much, he was sweet and he took care of me.
“Ryan.” I called to him but he seemed distracted, he didn’t answer. “Ryan!”
“What?” he jumped
“I want to go out-“he interrupted me
“No.” he was immediately defensive.
“Ryan I just want to go outside. I don’t want to go run through a crowd of potentially dangerous people. It’s just outside.” he sighed.
“Fine, but stay where I can see you.”

**Ryan’s POV**

Why can’t I say no to her? I would do anything for her, but I doubt she feels the same. She’s too young, too fragile, but I think I love her. All I want to do is hold and touch and kiss her. If I could hold her in my arms all the time knowing she’s safe I would.
“Ryan” she called for me.
“Yeah, what’s up?” I got the best feeling when she said my name. It just sounded right. I need to stop these thoughts before she noticed.
“Are you okay? You look a little distracted” Crap, she notices everything
“Yeah, I’m just thinking.”
“About what?” Well that’s just awesome. I can’t lie to her.
“You.” I said it so quietly I hoped she couldn’t hear me.
“What?” I still can’t lie to her.
“You.” I sighed knowing her reaction.
“I think we should go inside. I need to get ready for work, and you need to get ready to go clubbing.” She was smiling at me. That’s weird, not the reaction I was expecting but I’ll take it.
“I am not there to have fun Lilly. I’m there to protect you.”
“Kill joy.” I laughed as I took her hand and led her through the house to my room. It didn’t take much convincing to get her to stay in my room instead of hers. I let her hand go and went to lie across the bed waiting for her to change. She came out dressed in her dance clothes. She was beautiful. How is someone her age even allowed to dance at a club?

**Lilly’s POV**

I was really nervous about going to work. It would be my first time in a public place with Ryan. He told me he would be there even if I couldn’t see him. But how is he supposed to watch me if I’m in a crowd of thousands of people. All this job brought was trouble. People didn’t want to hurt me until I became a dancer. But we were told not to differ from my usual routine. I got a boyfriend and he wanted too much too fast. He saw me at a show once and that’s how it all started.
I got an stage and started doing the familiar moves with my friends, I was glad when it was over, but I still had to dance on the floor with the public. That was the scary part. How could Ryan watch me there?
As I was dancing with one of my friends, we gradually got surrounded by guys. I’m sure they were attractive, but I had feelings for Ryan. I couldn’t let them show because I’m so much younger than him. He’s here to do his job nothing else, so I had to let loose a little. So I didn’t push away the random guy I was dancing with, I just looked to my friend who mouthed “he’s cute.” I just nodded, but I couldn’t make myself care at that moment. The stranger’s hands slid around my waist and pulled me to his chest. I was starting to get a little nervous but pushing this guy away could cause me to lose my job. So I just got over it and kept dancing, until he grabbed my hand and pulled me from the crowded dance floor to a very dark corner of the club. I looked around for Ryan but he was nowhere to be found. The man pulled me to a back wall of the club and whispered in the most beautiful voice
“I just couldn’t watch you anymore. I need to tell you something.”
“Ryan! You scared me jerk!” but I laughed and hit his arm
“Sorry, I didn’t mean to I just have to say something.” He pulled me close to him and I rested my head on his chest listening to his breathing.
“Well can you make it fast I can’t stay over here all night” what could possibly be so important?
“I think I love you.” No freaking way.
♠ ♠ ♠
haven't really been in a writing mood lately. comments please!! let me know what you think!!