Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Heart... In Pieces

Prologue

You could say that things have a funny way of working themselves out. People think that everything happens for a reason. But what was this reason behind this? Oh that’s right, to make me realize I was in love with my best friend. To make me realize he belongs with me…

~*~

“As I stand before you, I would like to say that whatever cross roads life brings you to, I know that no matter what you will always be led into the right direction. Congratulations Class of 2007, we did it!” I said into the mic at my high school graduation.

Everyone stood up and cheered as I walked off of the stage receiving smiles from almost everyone I passed. I took my seat next to Justin, my best friend in the entire world. We met in seventh grade because he was the new kid from California and we sat alphabetized. We have the same last name but his is spelled Wright and mine is spelled Wryte. I never understood why my last name was spelled so oddly, but we bonded over that small thing and it grew into a beautiful friendship. He was there for me when Bobby Layne dumped me in front of everyone in eighth grade, I was there for him when his knee locked up and he had to get surgery in ninth grade, in tenth grade we started a band and that’s where we met our other friends Mika, Layla and my brother (Cam) but he left for college. Justin was the only member of the opposite sex I was allowed to have sleep overs with, he has seen me pig out and PMS, we have stayed up and had serious conversations but most of the time they were silly, he was the only guy who knew everyone of my problems and he was the only guy who I could trust. Now here we are graduating high school, he’s going to the University of Michigan for architecture and I’m going to New York University for journalism. Two separate ways.

As the ceremony ended and we all got our diplomas the crowds swarmed and cameras flashed. I don’t know how many people I took pictures with but my mouth started to hurt from smiling.

“Excuse me Ms. Valedictorian, do you have time for a few pictures with third of the class?” Justin came up to me and said.

He can’t let go that he wasn’t Salutatorian; he lost out by .5 of his GPA to Kenneth Leang.

“Oh well I was going to go talk to Ken, you know top of the class stuff you can’t know about,” I joked as he put his arm around me. Justin was 6”3 with golden hair and naturally tan skin. He’s handsome and he’s had his fair share of girls. But to me he’s always had the killer personality. He was voted prom king and he did play hockey. Everyone just seemed to like him.

We walked to our parents who were talking intently, once they saw us the whole speech came and my mom was filled up while my dad smiled so proudly. My brother was here too

“She’s so beautiful! You did a great job!” Deb, Justin’s mom told me. She was practically my other mother.

“Thanks Deb,” I hugged her.

“You killed it up there kiddo!” Justin’s dad put his arm around me.

“You guys are still coming to the barbecue right?” My mother asked Deb who smiled.

“We would never miss it,” She said.

~*~

Mika, Justin, and Cam were drinking a beer and standing by the coolers as Layla and I were getting the dessert from the kitchen.

“Did your brother get hotter? Is that even possible?” She asked.

Layla was coming along to NYU with me but she was going to the Tish School for theatre.

“He looks the same to me,” I shrugged as I picked up what I think was Devils food cake.

“The things I would do to that boy if he and I were locked in a room,” She said as she shook her head and closed her eyes.

Layla has the biggest crush on Cam, who was oblivious about it.

“Layla, he is my brother!”

We walked out into the back yard and set the desserts down. The boys were still drinking beer by the coolers and I studied them for a minute. Thinking of not seeing Justin’s goofy grin everyday made my heart sink.

I knew he’d take a piece of me with him, but I didn’t even realize how big that piece was going to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this was originally SCREW THE BRIDE I LOVE YOU! but now I changed it and I've been learning a lot about writing so my writing has changed and such. I'm adding chapters in and editing and such.

- Madd