Lily Baby.

Chapter 18

Mikey’s POV

“Where the hell is she?” I cried, as the bell rang.

“I don’t know…” Gee shook his head angrily, “Frank is gonna pay for this…”

I nodded, “Maybe if we wait for the corridors to empty we’ll be able to find her easier.”

He nodded and we watched the rest of the school hurrying to their classes.

Once the hustling and bustling was over, we were able to walk the school without getting harassed by kids getting to their classes.

“Where would a girl go?” I thought out loud.

“Mikey, this is our sister we’re talking about- not another girl, she could have gone in the janitor’s closet for all we know…”

We looked up at the same moment and smiled, “Gee, you’re a genius!”

And so the running commenced- we’re fast. We have to be in our family, it’s the only way you can keep up with Lily.

The janitors closet is always open, and the janitor- a sweet old guy called Maurice- is always within a hundred metres of it. He’s like, the agony aunt of the misfit kids.

I’ve been there, Gerard’s been there, and now- hopefully- Lily’s been there.

I could hear muffled sobs and I was almost certain that Lily was there, I could also hear some sympathetic mumbling as we got nearer to the cupboard.

The door was already sort of open and worried whispers carried through the crack in the door. I looked up at Gerard and he nodded, easing open the door.

“Lily?” he said, into the closet as the darkness was slowly replaced with light.

The whispering ceased and Lily and this girl who I didn’t know came into view.

“Hi.”

“Hey Lily, you okay?”

She nodded uncertainly, before drawing the attention to the girl next to her, “This is my new friend…”

“Okay,” I smiled, looking the girl up and down. She was pretty with black hair and big beautiful eyes. She was wearing a short sleeved band tee and skinny jeans. She was hot, to be honest.

“Hey… I saw her run in here…” she smiled.

“Aw, well, thanks for talking to Lil. How did you even get her to talk? She’s normally shy around people we don’t introduce her to.”

“Well, um, my brother is in her class at school and um… I sort of know how to handle it, you know?” she grinned, “And I’ve been studying child development and stuff so I know… I really want to work with kids in Lily’s position…”

“Oh so you’re gonna be a Michelle?” I said.

“Michelle…”

“Oh, I mean Mrs Lewis! Sorry.”

“Oh! Yeah I guess!” she smiled that smile again and I smiled back ‘cause she’s so damn infectious and I don’t even know her name yet…

“Lily, you wanna get up now?” Gee said, coaxing her from her position.

She nodded as we pulled her out from the darkness. Her cheeks were red and moist. I threw my arms around her, protectively.

“Do you want me to stop Frank from seeing you?” I asked, in her ear.

She thought for a second and I could almost hear the cogs turn.

“N-no…”

“Okay, sweetie.”

“Alright, Mikey, Gerard, Lily, I better go…” the girl smiled and began to walk down the hall.

“Wait, how do you know our names?” I asked in confusion, jogging to catch up as she turned the corner out of Gerard and Lily’s view who were currently talking through her ‘ordeal’.

“I sort of know everyone around here- even if I am invisible…” she said, turning to meet my gaze.

“Oh- well… if you know who I am then its only fair to let me know who you are…” I grinned.

“Ha, okay… I’m Alicia Simmons,” she said, smiling at me.

“Mikey Way, charmed, I’m sure…” we shook hands, fingers lingering for a moment too long. She smiled nervously as we parted.

“Ugh, see you around,” she trilled, as she began to make her way down the hall.

“Yeah,” I said, sighing as she went out of view.

I walked over to Lily and Gee, smiling idiotically, “Lily Anne Way, I fucking love you.”

Frankie’s POV

Mikey sidled 15 minutes late into math class. The only spare seat was next to me which he took, a disgruntled look upon his face. He got out his books avoiding eye contact with me and sat down quickly.

The teacher was absorbed in the equation on the board so I turned to him, “Dude. What happened?”

He merely glared at me and shifted his bony little ass in his seat.

“Mikey.”

Silence.

“Mikey.”

Silence.

“Mikey!” I shouted, making the entire class to look at me.

“Frank! Mikey! Get out now! You will not shout in my class!” she cried.

“But-” Mikey began as I scraped my chair back and gathered my books.

“No buts. Get out.”

I heard him sigh deeply and follow me out into the hall.

“What do we do now?” I pondered.

“Whatever you want. I’m going.”

“No, Mikes!” I grabbed his wrist and pulled him back in the opposite direction to which he was obviously headed.

“Ugh- what?” he cried.

“Please… I want to make it right!” I pleaded.

He obviously softened but pretended not to. Apparently, I’m irresistible.

“Please, Mikey… I-I love her…”

“What?”

“I… love her.”

“I thought you just liked her,” he said staring incredulously.

“Its… difficult to explain.”

“Dude, I get that she is ‘hot’ but seriously… she’s not right- don’t use her!”

“I’m not!” I cried, angry now. How dare he? Accuse me of using Lily.

I grabbed his arm tighter and pulled him near me, “I love her because of who she is, not cause how hot she is! Who do you think I am? Bert?”

He stifled a laugh. Possibly at the Bert part. Maybe he was ridiculing my attempt at appearing menacing. I’ll probably never know… That boy is strange.
“Frank… fine… I’ll let you talk to Lil… just… never pretend to be a big strong man again… that was just too much,” he said in-between giggles. I let go of his arm in a sharp action and glared at him.

“Thank you,” I said, finally.

“So,” he said, “Myspace tree?”

I nodded slowly as we made our way out onto the courtyard and towards the fabled Myspace tree.

“You know, the special ed kids come out soon. For ‘playtime’,” Mikey said, waggling his eyebrows.

“Mmm.” I said. He couldn’t be anymore obvious if he stripped off naked and wrote her name in chocolate sauce across his chest.

“But, don’t worry Frank, I’ll make sure she doesn’t like… hit you or something.”

“Yeah- thanks,” I said sarcastically. He’s not helping.

“Stop being nervous- I can tell you know. You’ve got that vibe going on…”

“What vibe?”

“The nervous vibe,” he shrugged.

“Okay,” I told you he was a strange guy!

We sat in the shade of the myspace tree and looked back at the main building of our school.

“I know how to take your mind off my sister!” he said, suddenly, “I’ll tell you about the girl I met!”

You met a girl?”

“Yeah, she’s called Alicia- she’s really pretty,” he said dreamily.

“God help her…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Short. Sucky. Comments?
Silent readers suck. By the way.

Oh, exams. How boring and tiring? Sigh.
And i got ridiculed for bringing a lunch to school. I was hungry!
And i'd already been there two hours doing art coursework ffs!
God.