Lily Baby.

Chapter 19

Frankie’s POV

So, when the special ed kids turned up I was fully ready to throw up my breakfast. If she doesn’t forgive me, then I’ll probably die. Or cry in front of a lot of people. I’m not sure which would be worse. Probably the dying- I don’t know.

They all react differently to sunlight, like some strange type of chemical. Some squint and shy away from the sudden change in weather and stay inside where their delicate skin is protected from the sun’s rays, and the others approach the sunshine like thirsty dogs to water.

Lily and Quinn are like thirsty dogs, as soon as they were allowed, they ran out onto the field and began an intense game of chase.

“You’re it!” Lily shrieked bounding through the grass as it hit her shins as she ran.

“Nuh-uh!” yelled Quinn, “I was it last time!”

“So!” she squealed running from him like he had a disease.

He sighed loudly and raced towards her, she darted in and out of his grasps gracefully.

“Does she ever… pause?” I asked Mikey who shrugged.

“I doubt it. Shall I call her over?” Mikey asked.

I nodded, swallowing nervously.

“Lily!” he called, causing the young girl to stop in her tracks only to be taken out by Quinn who ran into her small frame, “Oh, fuck!”

We got up and sprinted over to where Lily and Quinn lay on the floor.

“You okay?” I asked gently, kneeling by her head as Mikey peeled Quinn of her. She was holding back tears and it was obvious.

Once Quinn was on his feet I scooped Lily up into my arms and she didn’t protest, she merely stared up at me with those huge eyes of hers, and carried her over to the myspace tree away from Mikey and Quinn.

I put her down in the shade of the tree and knelt down in front of her. Now, whatever I do must be carefully planned…

I stared into her eyes which were filled with crystalline tears. Without thinking a moment longer I grabbed the back of her head and pulled her roughly toward me, crushing my lips against hers.

Well, no one expected me to do that, or for her to react quite so… normally.

She just stayed still as I ran my tongue along her bottom lip and opened her mouth- slowly granting entry. I could vaguely hear Mikey wolf whistle and I saw him- out the corner of my eye- awkwardly turn to gaze up at the clear blue skies instead of at his sister and I.

Um, I don’t want to alarm anyone but… Lily can totally kiss now…

I giggled against her mouth and she pulled away smiling. I took a deep breath, kissed her once on the lips and whispered, “I’m so sorry! I love you, Lily Anne Way.”

She smiled, “I love you too, Frank Anthony Iero…”

“How did you know- ” but she cut me off with her perfect lips.

She had her fingers firmly around my collar and was holding me tight to her, my arms were holding me up but she was slowly pushing me back onto the grass, slowly climbing on top of me.

Okay, this is odd. Mikey can see us and I feel kind of awkward. But she keeps making me forget these things, you see?

I could hear the main school bell ring and we parted as the school jumped into life. I was on my back now and she was sort of… straddling me.

She smiled at me and I sighed, closing my eyes again, placing my arms behind my head in one of those poses people have on sunbeds, you know what I mean?

I felt her place her head on my chest; listening to my heart beat. We probably looked so dumb but I wasn’t bothered. Everything was finally right in the world.

Gerard’s POV

I came out of class as soon as the bell rung. I was gonna… talk to Frank.

I jogged up to where I saw Mikey and Quinn standing staring up at the sky.

“Hey… what are you looking at?” I said, looking at anxiously.

“More like, what are we not looking at?” Mikey said, blindly gesturing towards the myspace tree.

Lily and Frank sat in each others arms staring at each other.

“Oh, they made up?”

“Yeah…”

“Oh,” I began, “That’s good- I didn’t really want to get blood on these jeans.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sort of cute. Short. Comments?
For April.
'Cause, I love her.