Lily Baby.

Chapter 20

Frankie’s POV

So, I’m thinking, one of these days… I ought to tell my mom about Lily. I know, I know, what took me so long? But it’s hard. I don’t like talking to my mom about stuff. She just gets all motherly on me and if I told her I had a girlfriend she’d probably send me to get condoms, hell, she’d probably buy them for me… I really don’t think I’ll need them for a long time…

I should also attempt going home for a meal as well- I kinda feel like I’m sponging off the Way’s without a cause for doing so. I have a perfectly fine home life so I shouldn’t be spending all my time at someone else’s house.

“Are you coming for dinner?” Gee asked, as we walked home, but I shook my head before he even finished his sentence.

“Nah… I should probably spend some time at my house you know?” I said, causing Lily who clung to my hand speak up in disagreement.

“But, Frankie, I’ll miss you!” she whined, tugging on my arm.

“I know but you’ll see me tomorrow, okay?” I reasoned, knowing she probably wouldn’t give in. And she didn’t.

“No! I’ll get mom to make you some jam again, if it’ll make you stay!” she moaned.

“I can’t sweetie, my mom will miss me if I’m gone too long,” I sighed.

“But-”

“Look, I can’t I’m sorry.”

So she shut up. Gerard, Mikey and Bert were awkwardly silent. Quinn was seemingly oblivious.

“Hey, Lil, you know what?” Bert said smiling.

“What?” she huffed.

“I’ll stay in Frankie’s place okay?”

The look on her face was priceless; she stopped, stared at him, and grabbed me tighter squealing, “Please Frankie!”

We all burst into laughter, even a half hearted Bert.

“Sorry honey, got to see my mom, but I’ll try and come see you all later okay?” I smiled warmly down at her.

“Okay,” she said, excitedly, “And when you come over later can we play a game?”

“Sure…”

“Hide and seek?” she asked excitedly.

“Yep.”

She giggled and began skipping along.

Mikey and Gerard gave me a look- they were obviously trying not to laugh.

“Hide and seek?” mouthed Mikey.

I shrugged, caressing the palm of Lily's hand. I realised right then how lucky I was...

*Time Lapse*

“Mom!” I called out as I entered my house.

I heard her stumble to the top of the stairs, “Oh my Lord, Frankie, I would have thought you’d moved out by how much I’ve seen you lately!”

She took the stairs two steps at a time and hugged me tight.

“You never come home…” she murmured.

I smiled, “Surprise.”

“Have you been having fun, Mr I-stay-at-Donna’s-house-eating-her-food-and-come-home-too-late-to-say-hello-to-my-mom!” she said jokingly. I tried not to giggle at her seemingly endless run on sentence.

“Ha, yeah, I’ve sure been enjoying myself…”

“So…” she said, brightly as we headed towards the kitchen where she began making a meal just like we used to do before I stopped eating at home, “How’s Miss Way?”

“Donna? What? Health-wise?”

“No, Miss Way. Lily!” she said, beaming. My breathing hitched, “Donna called me and told me she’s going to your school now… you have been treating her well?”

I nodded: You could say that…

“Poor little thing- horrible accident it was. She was so young… You probably don’t remember but I do. I remember visiting her in hospital whilst Mrs Jefferson watched you- I remember she must have only been about 9. So much damage…” she said solemnly as she began chopping vegetables. I stood there and twiddled my fingers.

I didn’t remember any of this. I barely remembered Lily at all. I knew she was an eccentric little girl but that’s about it.

“Mom… I don’t remember her…” I cocked my head to the side, “Of course I know her now, I just, can’t place her well.”

“Well, you weren’t exactly the firmest of friends when she was… well.” This caused me to look up with confusion.

“Huh?”

“Frank,” she said, “You and Lily Way… you sort of used to hate each other…”

I looked at her, stunned, “Really?”

“Oh, God yes, you were always at each others throats- trying to out do the other. It was so funny!” she giggled.

I glared at her, unable to believe that I could have ever hated her.

“That was long ago…” she mused, “You were so alike- that’s what really got me! Donna always said that the two of you were like peas in a pod, you just didn’t know it! Funny world isn’t it?”

I nodded and feigned a yawn, “You know what? I think I’m gonna hit the hay…”

“But it's only… six o clock!” she cried as I hopped up out of my stool, “I was gonna make you something special!”

I was beginning to feel a little ill.

“Come give it to me when it’s finished, we’ll talk more tomorrow, alright?” I said, already bounding up the stairs and into my poster clad room, ignoring her calling my name in concern.

I fell backwards onto the bed and stared up at the ceiling, waiting for the sickness to subside. I always get like this when I’m anxious. Nauseous. It feels like seasickness but so much worse.

I sighed as the feeling slowly ebbed away and I began to feel calm. It wasn’t long until I fell asleep, totally forgetting about visiting the Way residence.

I slowly gave in to slumber as darkness crept over me.

My dreams weren’t the usual sunshine and skittles that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Short. Shite. Simple enough? And lurkers suck. Just so you know.

D is for Delightful and try and keep your trousers on.

Oh, I'm so Indie.

Also. Exam season. And it's so sunny outside. Typical Britain.