Lily Baby.

Chapter 23

Frankie’s POV

“Fra-ank…”

“Bert! Shut it, he’s sleeping!” Lily whisper-shouted.

“Now look who’s being loud?” Bert said, which I only just managed to see through my squinted eyes.

“Just shut up!” she squealed, I saw her usher the guys away before floating gracefully back to where I was lying. I looked around and saw the school in the distance and the leaves of the myspace tree over me. I had no idea why I was there.

“Oh, you’re awake?” she whispered, her face close to mine.

I sat up slowly, nodding, “Yep…”

“Are you better now?” she asked, unsure.

“I suppose…” I wasn’t sure if I had been sick…

“That means no…” she said, nuzzling my neck.

I smiled and pulled her into a hug, but she moved away laughing, “No!” I cried, pulling her back causing her to laugh even more.

I held her to my chest and sighed, she started humming again.

“What are you humming?” I murmured, throatily, but she shook her head, “What? You’re not gonna tell me?”

“Nope.”

“But it’s so familiar!”

“Well, I’m sorry Frank; you’ll just have to work it out.”

“Sly…”

She nodded, running her fingers along my jaw just as the bell rang.

“Are you well enough to go to school?” she asked.

“Probably…” I said, “But I’d rather lie here with you.”

She beamed and said, “Well let’s do that then… pretend to throw up,” she ordered.

“Okay,” I winked, grabbing my bucket and pretending to retch.

Lily swallowed her laughter at my theatrical performance and cried, “Oh no! Frankie is sick again! Oh well, looks like we are going to have to stay out here!”

Gerard and Mikey walked over and patted me on the back, “Feel better soon Frank, we’ll come get you after class…”

I nodded into the bucket, seeing them give me a sympathetic glance before walking back to school.

Lily started laughing as soon as the coast was clear and I smirked in triumph, “Good acting skills my love.”

She grinned, pulling me slowly back into a lying position, murmuring something.

“What did you say? Ha, I don’t speak ‘mumble’…”

“Nothing…” she smiled, beatifically, “I’m just happy.”

“Why?”

“I’ve got you,” she said matter-of-factly.

“Ah, that you do,” I sighed, blissfully, before I remembered what had made me so sick in the first place.

I looked at her perfect face nestled against my check and I felt sick again. Not at the image before me, oh no, but at the situation I had put the love of my life in. This whole thing is my fault, I nearly killed her. But I broke her. I’m gonna fix her. I swear to God, I’m gonna fix you.

“Lily,” she turned her head to look up at me curiously, her big eyes staring in wonder.

“I promise you. I swear to you that I am going to fix you,” I said, knowing that I meant it with every cell in my body. Every fibre of my being, because I’d never felt this way before, “I’ve never loved anyone as much as I love you.”

She looked slightly surprised but smiled.

“Frankie…”

She shifted in her position, leaning into me, pressing her lips to my ear.

I was never broken.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I just wanna thank all my commenters- yeah, subscribers are pretty sweet but the people (you know who you are) who actually care enough to comment are the awesomest. I love to know how you feel about Lily Baby, okay?

So... Comments?

My leg aches.